Author Topic: Peterborough sports  (Read 1756 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Peterborough sports
« on: March 29, 2024, 07:10:40 PM »
Not pretty, but much needed three points. A very card happy referee ( Harry Jones ) did his best to spoil the match. He was the same last time he reffed us. I see Scunthorpe are doing their best to stay in this league :D.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

TheThirdTwin

• View Profile
Re: Peterborough sports
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2024, 11:05:22 PM »
A good 3 points well earned in the end. We can’t afford to let up with plenty of teams ready to jump into our spot should we falter.
And great to see the front pair both scoring again. Since Hazel’s injury they’ve scored 20 between them. Great return from them both.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 08:16:10 AM by TheThirdTwin »

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2024, 06:47:16 AM »
Well I thought the first 45 minutes were fantastic. Could have been five. They played with everyone behind the ball when we had possession so until we scored we had to be patient. Deserved three points. 

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2024, 03:16:04 PM »
A good 3 points well earned in the end. We can’t afford to let up with plenty of teams ready to jump into our spot should we falter.
And great to see the front pair both scoring again. Since Hazel’s injury they’ve scored 20 between them. Great return from them both.
[/quote
Yet a few months ago some were counting the hours since a "striker" had scored (quite a lot if memory serves!). What a turnaround. Down to what? Better service?

TheThirdTwin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2024, 06:00:11 PM »
[/quote
Yet a few months ago some were counting the hours since a "striker" had scored (quite a lot if memory serves!). What a turnaround. Down to what? Better service?
personally I think that both Jimmy and Kelsey have benefitted from time on the bench. It seems to have refocused them both. They’ve bounced back in the most impressive way. Sometimes forwards just need a goal or two to kick start a purple patch, and they’ve both had theirs together. It’ll be interesting when Haze is match fit again and there’s added competition for the shirts. I’m sure many will agree, it’s a great problem for IC to have.

Uncertain Corridor

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2024, 08:28:33 PM »
I honestly believe they weren’t getting the right service mid season and weren’t even getting the chances. We seemed to go long for a while as we lacked confidence. We’re now back to playing football out from the back and the confidence to do this is providing the chances for them both. Just how it seems to me..

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2024, 10:41:42 PM »
👍

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2024, 06:53:31 PM »
I honestly believe they weren’t getting the right service mid season and weren’t even getting the chances. We seemed to go long for a while as we lacked confidence. We’re now back to playing football out from the back and the confidence to do this is providing the chances for them both. Just how it seems to me..

Yes a lot of the improved service down to the full backs with their assists of late, Rowe improved every week since we signed him and been providing the assists recently and Sephton back fit again has made a difference.

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2024, 10:45:40 AM »
It’s probably a mix of both. With the better service particularly from Rowe and Sephton, then that gives the front 2 more chances and confidence and thus more likely to make the runs to get in the positions.

Another 3 points today to give further confidence into the Brackley and Scarborough home games

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2024, 01:57:57 PM »
Ground out the result in the end after excellent first half. I thought Peterborough Sports were better than I expected.

What we deserve is a consistent referee, no real argument with Brad going off but no booking for some of their fouls was diabolical.