Author Topic: Play-0ff's & National League.  (Read 3474 times)

scottbufc

• View Profile
Re: Play-0ff's & National League.
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2024, 11:02:17 PM »
We have to challenge next season. Inevitably we will lose a couple. I suspect Rowe, I would have said Hazel if he had kept his pre-injury form up but I haven't been impressed at all since he's come back into the side. Knowles and Mooney will attract bits of interest but I suspect we'll keep those if we want them. Keeper is an interesting one. Chapman was so good when he was here I know there's lots of talk he'll be back next season, these last couple of games Cam looks about back to his best. If you asked all fans to pick Chapman or Cam I suspect Chapman would edge the vote slightly.

Bostwick has activated his year extension so pretty certain he'll still be about. Woods is an interesting one, he'll be 39 next season but tbf has looked good for a lot of this season. Everybody I've not mentioned I'm sure will stay if we want them. I suspect the likes of Gyasi and maybe even Sephton now may be deemed surplus to requirements.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2024, 07:56:38 AM »
Hazel is already signed for next season I believe. Yes, I agree, from what I've seen he's looked very ropey but I just attribute that to the injury and perhaps being pressed into service a little earlier than he would otherwise have been. I think (hope!) once he's had a full summer to recover he'd be back to his earlier best.

Norfolkngood

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2024, 08:09:40 AM »
TODAY
Will be watching nervously from sunny Turkey and wish the team and everyone involved the best of luck for this tricky fixture.
Whatever the outcome it’s been a respectable season and one to build on for the future.
None of this possible without the unswerving commitment to the Club by David Newton (to whom I’ve promised not to ask about the final phase again!)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2024, 01:13:56 PM »
He's probably getting sick of people asking - but a statement about the realistic timelines as of now would be appreciated!

Norfolkngood

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2024, 07:12:57 PM »
Nerves calmed ….what a win !

gatley pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2024, 09:22:57 AM »
could not get to the game yesterday but good result.

Lack of reports on here about the game, how did it go.

Hoping for a Chorley win today as local game for me for the final.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2024, 09:29:42 AM »
Wasn't a classic. Both teams had a couple of chances
We had one off the line and forced Fitzsimmons into a couple of saves
Cam made 1 great save from Roberts, they had a good penalty shout turned down and we made a couple of great last ditch blocks
They looked more likely in extra time.
But we won the lottery even though I'd thought we'd blown our chance when Wards penalty to win it was saved!

Roll on the final

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2024, 05:49:20 PM »
It's Brackley in the Final, they beat Chorley 1-0