Author Topic: The squad  (Read 2792 times)

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
The squad
« on: December 29, 2012, 09:06:19 PM »
Obviously Graham Drury will want to bring in some of his own players but hopefully there is enough money available to keep hold of every one we have now as for me those 'not up to it' have already left.

I'm guessing Reed isn't paid as he is still a YTS lad and Drury is basically the reserve team 'keeper leaving only fifteen paid first teamers. If Drury adds a decent experienced centre half and midfielder the squad would still only be 18 including Reed which would hopefully give us enough cover to make a decent attempt at catching up onthr top 5. Hopefully the money is there to spend.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: The squad
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 09:21:20 PM »
I agree we need a experienced centre half and central midfielder to complete the squad. I believe James reed is on a contract. Gary silk is really impressing in his new role at the centre of defence. I think play offs may just be out of reach this season with us played 3 more games than many teams but next season should see us challenging.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 10:51:24 AM »
Looking at the table Chester have a good gap at the top and it's hard to see anyone catching them.

2nd to 4th look comfortable for playoffs with several points more than the rest and games in hand.

5th spot is up for grabs for anyone from Gainsborough in 5th to Harrogate in 14th.

jonathanBUFC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 11:00:20 AM »
Yep we need more experience in our team! An experienced centre half and a big strong  experienced ball winning midfielder!  We are no good challenging in 50/50 challenges because we just get knocked straight off the ball! We have been saying this for months and I think curry has come in a spotted the correct weaknesses and is looking to change it!

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 11:47:33 AM »
Looking at the table Chester have a good gap at the top and it's hard to see anyone catching them.

2nd to 4th look comfortable for playoffs with several points more than the rest and games in hand.

5th spot is up for grabs for anyone from Gainsborough in 5th to Harrogate in 14th.

Looking at the table last night.
Chester on top have lost one game....against us
Hinckley firmly at the bottom have won game.....against us.
A fine example of inconsistency :)

rob.1987

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 12:47:34 PM »

There's quite a queue forming behind us though, some with a ridiculous amount of games in hand!!

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 01:17:03 PM »
I agree Carl and JL at one stage had 20+ players. Seem to remember him letting 5 or 6 go and only bringing in 1 so would think there is room for a couple more. Having said that I do think a couple will also be let go and we'll end up with around 4 new players in, total guesswork I could be way off the mark but hope not think the current crop deserve a chance.