Author Topic: Visitor to Boston  (Read 3143 times)

skoff

• View Profile
Visitor to Boston
« on: December 09, 2012, 08:48:24 PM »
Hi Guys,
I will be attending the Boston v Droylsden game next week, weather permitting, as part of my 92 tour plus ex-League clubs. I gather things are not too good for the Pilgrims just now but I hope to bring you some luck, against opposition I have already seen beaten at Gainsborough this season. I record my trips on a website http://2philstour.webs.com and have posted an extensive preview of your town and football club which you may find of interest. Would be glad to hear of any players to watch out for and anything I should not miss in Boston.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: Visitor to Boston
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 10:11:41 PM »
Funny you go on about doing The 92.......
The bloke sat next to me in the Gillingham end yesterday was a Pompey fan 'doing' The NY stadium for his 92 set, he's been to Milmoor but this one was needed now. He told me he came to Boston for the LDV game with Yeovil and enjoyed the ground and the town very much and loved the fact clubs like us, Kiddy and Fleetwood were getting into the league and he was also interested to hear about Rushden and whats become of them.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 10:18:28 PM »
 Capacity: 6,643 (seated 5,711)
    Bit  optimistic on the seats Scoff !

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 11:10:48 PM »
Welcome aboard, many locals aren't willing to part with their hard earned to watch Boston at the moment so come join the fun.  More importantly, why when you've already seen Droylsden would you want to see them again?
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

skoff

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 09:24:50 AM »
Thanks for correcting me on the capacity. Thought that couldn't be right when I saw a picture of the ground. It is of course, just coincidence that I'm seeing Droylsden again, this simply being a free Saturday for me when I can take in an ex-League ground. I have to say though, that there are worse teams to watch. They kept trying to play from the back at Gainsborough, even when 3 goals down.
I intend to visit the Pilgrim Bar at the ground. Anyone recommend a good place for pre-match meal ?

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 09:48:08 AM »
Two must places to visit whilst in town is the "Stump" (church), and the Guildhall to learn the history of this town.

Seenbetter

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 12:36:44 PM »
Perhaps Skoff is a bit more cultural than that, perhaps he would rather visit a lap dancing club or vodka farm. Don,t forget to bring east european language translator with you. Tates fish and chips in the town centre worth a visit or save yourself for a pastie in the ground.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 07:22:10 PM »
Roast Pork nap is also good in The Pilgrim Lounge if you're pushed for time.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

skoff

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 09:11:21 PM »
Sounds good - local pork ? Also what is the beer in Pilgrim Lounge ?