Author Topic: Harrogate away  (Read 21872 times)

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Harrogate away
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2014, 05:28:59 PM »
On the bright side, England are, at the moment beating the Irish in the rugby!  ;)

Check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry.  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2014, 05:41:36 PM »
......losing Pidge for 3 games......... .

Hopefully only one game if not violent?

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2014, 05:41:48 PM »
I would.

And so would a lot of others.

Its been a crap fortnight, losing to two rivals, losing Pidge for 3 games and picking up a few injuries.

Sometimes football is shit. >:(

Will it be three games? I assumed it would be one.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2014, 05:43:58 PM »
I thought Serious Foul Play was 3?

I know violent conduct is 3 games........professional foul wasn't it?

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2014, 06:16:07 PM »
Listening to Dennis Greene in his interview I can't understand why Galinski didn't go off injured if as he says the Harrogate players didn't just play passing to themselves as their bench agreed.  He said Galinski was I jure and shouldn't have played on.  If that was the case play by the rules and the match would have been abandoned.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2014, 06:26:35 PM »
Listening to Dennis Greene in his interview I can't understand why Galinski didn't go off injured if as he says the Harrogate players didn't just play passing to themselves as their bench agreed.  He said Galinski was I jure and shouldn't have played on.  If that was the case play by the rules and the match would have been abandoned.
Possible fear of being called cheats????
If the game was abandoned would the score stand or be replayed???

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2014, 07:34:54 PM »
I thought Serious Foul Play was 3?

I know violent conduct is 3 games........professional foul wasn't it?
Professional foul is only 1 game ban, so both will miss Workington away.

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2014, 07:40:29 PM »
It's the injuries that worry me more than the suspensions. I'd have had no concerns over bringing any injured player off, abandonment regardless. Wrong call for me, if he is not able to continue then don't.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 07:57:22 PM by Mickey Nuttells Hair »

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2014, 07:52:02 PM »
Quite correct Adam.

Its all well and good people getting pious about the whole 'cheats' scenario, but to me, the welfare of our players is paramount.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2014, 08:01:07 PM »
It's the injuries that worry me more than the suspensions. I'd have had no concerns over bringing any injured player off, abandonment regardless. Wrong call for me, if we is not able to continue then don't.

I'm confused. I thought the agreement was for him to sit on the touchline and Harrogate to pass the ball around, to avoid the embarrassment of the match being abandoned? The result was fixed after 75 mins was it not?? That's what I read on Twitter so I could be wrong....!! What are the rules?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 08:03:59 PM by Pete B »

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2014, 08:16:20 PM »
I would.

And so would a lot of others.

Its been a crap fortnight, losing to two rivals, losing Pidge for 3 games and picking up a few injuries.

Sometimes football is shit. >:(

Forcing Galinski to play on while injured may also cost us, he is Peirgianni's replacement. 

Just a bonkers, bonkers day.  I'm not sure the first was a red, seemed very soft.  Was too busy still laughing at the first red to see the second red clearly (the pitch may be flat-ter, but the view is still poor there.)  He handled, but were others back covering?  After that is was a farce, they were poor and we saw no football at all for our money.

At 1-0 down with 9 men we looked the more likely to score which was just insane. 

Forget about today, who the hell is gonna play next week if all those players can't get back fit?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 08:18:48 PM by Lord Cutler Beckett »
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2014, 08:29:58 PM »
The day got off to a good start with Harrogate officials providing us supporters with sandwiches and sausage rolls free of charge in the clubhouse, a nice touch.
From there it was all down hill. Regarding Pidges sending off we were standing at other end it looked as though the Harrogate lad wrong footed him and he caught him certainly it was not a violent tackle and he was sent off for denying a goal scoring opportunity. Fans at that end of the ground said it warranted a yellow but I was not in a position to tell. Certainly the overweight ref almost fell over running to the incident whilst trying to extract the red card from his pocket and did not even look to his lino.
No defence for Kings red rushing well outside his area with his arms up, ref had no option.
Harrogate were very physical and inflicted some poor fouls on our lads one in particular on Mc Ghee which resulted in him having to limp off and out of the game which did't even get a yellow.
We left 5 minutes before the end as the game had become a farce but I do worry about the injuries which did not look good. It was good to see Liam Marrs there on his crutches but he informed me it would be 4 months before he will be back playing.
Hopefully we will be able to put out a competitive team against Hendesford next week.

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2014, 08:32:44 PM »

How badly injured were the other two players who came off after the 3 subs  made? Could one have returned instead of Galinski?

If match abandoned, then Boston would have faced bigger penalty (possible fine, points deduction and result standing)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2014, 09:09:46 PM »
Steer clearly couldn't play on, took help to get him around the pitch to the dug out. 

McGhee was taken clean out in a horrendous challenge and I don't expect him to be fit for a few weeks so of those off, the only one able to take his place on the pitch was the hamstring pulled Galinski.

He should of simply sat down in the centre circle and seen the game out.  How any Harrogate fan can accuse Greene of instigating the whole thing and it not just being a freak occurrence is beyond me, officials from their club even had the cheek to mouth off at the fans that our team was a disgrace.

Stupid thing is that the only bad challenge in the game was the McGhee one that resulted in no card.  Our reds were for handball and a tangle with a player running through.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2014, 09:10:38 PM »

How badly injured were the other two players who came off after the 3 subs  made? Could one have returned instead of Galinski?

If match abandoned, then Boston would have faced bigger penalty (possible fine, points deduction and result standing)
McGhee was struggling to walk and Steer left the ground on crutches (according to the press). Which would you prefer we put back on the field?!

Why would we have been penalised for having injured players? I'd accept it, if we'd had 2 injured, all subs used, then 2 sent off,  and then we deliberately tried to get another player red carded. What if it had been 5 broken legs, after all subs used? Would you want us punished for that, too?