Author Topic: Is everyone ready or good enough for the battle?  (Read 8176 times)

RPG

• View Profile
Is everyone ready or good enough for the battle?
« on: February 13, 2014, 06:50:39 PM »
The supporters certainly are, and at this stage of the season, especially as acquiring any additional squad members in the next ten weeks appear doubtful, the question is are the squad?

First post obviously, and as I had to drum up courage not to mention IT assistance from the Grandchildren just to join, to register on, and set up this page of what hopefully will be slightly more entertaining and constructive commentary than the usual tittle tattle 'our gang' subject each other to come 1.00 every other Saturday, it will probably be my last.

Having supported the club though for over two decades, through good but alas, invariably indifferent times, I, in fact all four of our little Saturday gang, increasingly get the feeling we are going to be subjected to a very nervy but hopefully a far more enjoyable season finale than is customary which at our age is very exciting.

However the question we all regularly ask ourselves is, do we have the players that have got us this far to now take us over the finishing line?

After much deliberation, the following are our views on the squad and their respective abilities and it falls to me, courtesy of the short straw to share them with you all, hopefully it's not too boring and feel free to disagree if so inclined.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
GOALKEEPERS

VINCE V KING

A lot of debate around where we sit as to their respective merits, what they both offer and who should be given the gloves for what is the most crucial part of the season. Split is 50/50 on this one.
Our view is that Vince's handling contrary to what some suggest is very accomplished especially for one so young. Brave, very good reflexes, and strong hands, but we do feel he can sometimes get caught between a when to come or not moment, and though it hasn't cost us, that's not to say it 'may not'; With every game so crucial now, sods law if any indecision did lead to a goal the mistake could cost us everything, but still in fairness you cant really judge on what might happen

King was slightly unfortunate that what appeared to be a quite minor injury robbed him of his starting slot, but in view of results it's not really surprising that as yet he hasn't managed to reclaim it. Would probably be harsh on Vince in fact had he done so. But the debate with two very able custodians centres on whether DG should keep loyal to the young man or opt because, and only because we are now in the nitty gritty stages for the extra experience that King undoubtedly provides.

We feel from a technical perspective that King has not only better positioning but better, quicker feet, vital for a keeper.
Who of the two has the better distribution? We haven't really seen enough evidence to even remotely form an opinion about that, with neither, and we sit here, assuming to orders, allowed to throw, even roll the ball out, preferring 99% of the time to instead blast it roughly in the general direction of the opposition penalty area.

VERDICT: VINCE; 6.5 out of 10, KING 6.5 out of 10. Happy with either to play
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FULL BACKS:

MARSHALL

None of us can really believe or understand the amount of grief Connor is presently receiving. We agree his individual abilities are, compared to others somewhat more limited and certainly his touch and distribution can be improved on, but to balance that up what he lacks in those areas, we all agree he makes up for in others. If there is a more committed member of the squad, a more determined member than we haven't been able to identify him. He has this never die attitude that we feel more than compensates and actually is infectious to others, and if the other nine outfield players had such drive the team would be all the better for it.
There is no doubt either that he also struggles with the fact that he is so versatile. CH, holding midfield, attacking midfield and now with Marrs absent, and what a huge blow that is proving to be, forced to play at right back. Before you say it, we accept that is probably his more recognised position, but we would be much happier if he was reintroduced in front of the back four, where his strengths really come to the fore and perhaps judging by some of the stick he takes from those around us every week where he would definitely be more appreciated.
Every team needs players like Connor, and if instructed to do so you know he would willingly walk through a wall of concrete for the cause, that in itself, for our little group anyway does us nicely. One of a few subjected to increasing crowd displeasure, and it cant help the lad, support not moan. That's what we always try to do no matter how hard it can be at times!

7 out of 10

STEER;

Remains an enigma to us. Not the player himself, but the fact that so many around us, criticise this lad. We just don't understand why. Since the day he popped up the M11 we all feel he has been superb, and not just compared to the inconsistencies of Sensara but to any left back we have had over the five or six years.
Surely as quick as any full back in the league, what continues to impress us match after match his recovery speed. We do feel he gets drawn into the middle a bit too easy and far to often, but that apart we cant find fault with the boy.
For a small lad, he jumps incredibly well, winning many headers that even taller defenders would struggle with and he has this gift, this wonderful knack, demonstrated, if you watch him closely enough, of 'nicking' the ball away from many an attacking winger who for all intent and purposes look like they are about to skip clear.
Again considering (behind McGhee) he is the smallest of all this years Pilgrims, he is a very tenacious tackler who rarely loses out in a 50/50, certainly never ducks out of one that's for sure, and why some question him or what he gives the squad remains a mystery.
We would all like to see him get forward more, as he certainly did for St Neots, but without inside information we cant be sure if the fact that he doesn't isn't down to orders from the boss. We are also of the view that offensively his attributes are nullified somewhat by the invariable proximity of either Newsh, SWD or latterly Miller who unfortunately are too often seen sitting next to him in the back four, leaving him at times nowhere to actually run or deliver into

8 out of 10

CENTRE HALVES

GALINSKI

Pre season we were all impressed with Stef and his performances gave us hope that at last we could actually resort to a 3-5-2 formation safe in the knowledge that we had three quality centre backs. Unfortunately for both us and obviously Stef it just hasn't really worked out like that, and his appearances have normally been when one or the other two have been missing for some reason.
Has obviously been tried at full back and in midfield as well without really working for him or the team either.
Remains a very valuable squad member though but unfortunately for him, certainly for this season and with the form of Pidge and Ganer it's probably as good as it will get for him. But what we enjoy so, is his attitude, both in support for his team mates and more impressive still, when you listen to him on the rare occasions he has been interviewed, is what a brilliant 'team' attitude the lad has, and he just a lad. We probably forget he's only what, 20, 21

6 out of 10

GARNER:

How glad are we that DG managed to convince Cambridge to off load him, because he's been huge for us and in the weeks ahead his experience could become the most important factor of all.
Not only does he tackle like Connor with feet or head (and he has the scars from the latter!) his reading of the game is superb, and certainly compensates for his lack of swiftness. (I just couldn't bring myself to use slow) What we also notice is how well he uses his body to ward off both quicker defenders and those who appear to get in front of him.
Some referees may be tempted to blow up for using such a regular and effective ploy, but its just his experience, and actually not only effective but very clever. Mertesacker does exactly the same thing at Arsenal for the same reasons.
Is a bit suspect when players attack his left foot, but again his cleverness will and does normally compensate. One area we would all really love to see improved on though is his distribution.
Maybe its just the way it is in the Conference Prem. Clear your lines at all costs may be an obligation,  but so many times we lose possession from the defence when doing so that even we get annoyed in the cheap seats. Surely if you are going long is it not advised, is not just as easy to do so into the corners as it is down the middle?
We are not overlooking Scotty's contribution to the goals scored column either, I think he has seven already which is more than decent at any level, we all think that when the season is finished that he will also have a couple more to add on to that!
We all agree on one other thing though, Scotty is also now the teams leader, and a great, lead by example one at that, and if Ross does reclaim a starting position, which none of us have any real problem with, we all agree I'm afraid the armband should stay where it is. Far better to cajole and encourage than it is to to B-ark, especially with so many young players in the team at the moment.
A rock is Mr Garner and thankfully our rock!

8 out of 10

PIDGE:

Our defensive hero. None of us have the vocabulary to adequately sum up Pidge or his performances this season, so if we put into the mix words like, giant, herculean, colossus, brave, and the like you can choose what you feel is the most suitable.
Like Scotty, not blessed with real pace either his positioning is almost faultless, and with the amount of time the ball just seems to be arrive on his head we are convinced he must be cheating somehow! Maybe it's some kind of radar or perhaps some magnetic style aid attached to him, but if we all had a pound for every header the boy had won, we would all be going on an end of season holiday to the Bahamas!
One area where he does get the nod over his central partner is in his distribution. Okay, there is a time to go long, but invariably Pidges clearances are slammed down the line which if nothing else provides an outlet for others, but between them our centre halves have been immense, and with Pidges case it does make you wonder how or why Stockport ever had the stupidity to release him, but their  loss has been our undoubted gain though.
The only downside, unless, fingers crossed we gain promotion is how on earth we are going to keep him next season?
Like Garner, Pidge is no stranger to goalscoring either, chipping in what 5,6 goals and if both these two manage to net just a couple more before the seasons end it will surely ensure us of extra points that we perhaps wouldn't have otherwise had.
He personifies every thing a centre half should be, strong committed and whilst none of us are by nature wimpish, many a time we have watched him heading not just for 50/50 tackles but some 70/30 against with the force of a truck. I wouldn't want to be on the end of any of them that's for sure.
When you look at the performances of these two its little wonder why Stef cant get a start isn't it.

9 out of 10

MIDFIELD

INDY;

With his lack of appearances compounded with his long term injury it's hard to weigh Indy up isn't it. We all like him. he has an almost calming influence when he plays. Always wants the ball, good tackler, and arguably over short distances anyway the sharpest of our ball players, certainly seems to always want to keep the ball moving, which we love. and his attitude, doesn't he come all the way from Bradford is obviously superb. Shame for him, and probably for the team that he hasn't seen more action.

6.5 out of 10

ROSS;

Hmmm, it would appear reading this forum, the Standard (who obviously have a little love in with him) and to made comments at the ground, he is definitely our Marmite player. Some love him, some are not so enamoured, and we can see both sides of the toast.
Even allowing for the fact that his free kicks when shooting are poor, there is no doubting that he delivers a superb dead ball and we have scored from many of them.
But as captain, one question we regularly ponder over is does he insist on taking everything when in many circumstances it may perhaps be wiser to let a left sided player put in an in swinger if only to mix it up a bit?
We don't know why, maybe it's a mind set issue that stops him hammering tackles like all midfield players have to, and maybe his energy levels are higher than we give him credit for, but to us knowing the size of talent that is undoubtedly there the Marmite problem comes when one game he is almost sublime, only in the next to disappear.
Would it be fair to suggest it is that which frustrates so many, including it would appear DG which has seen him sit out the last five or so games...who knows?
There is no doubt our club captain has it in him to be a consistent match winner but perhaps he may take some stock in realising that matches are not always won with 40,50 yard balls especially if they don't reach their intended target .
We like Ross, a lot, and certainly his passing, but equally, unless injuries occur, or maybe a change of position for McGhee is looming he might possibly be sitting out the next few games as well.

7 out of 10

FAIRCLOUGH:

A tricky one. We hate criticising our players and have had many words with some of the impatient buggers around us that always want to, but of all the players Ben is one we are not convinced about, and haven't for a while now. He has talent, he has pace but is that enough for the boy to claim a regular start. On the evidence, especially over the last eighteen months probably not.
In context of the season or what remains of it he is certainly a decent player to have on the bench, but half a dozen starts suggests if DG is in charge next season Ben's future probably lies elsewhere

6 out of 10

To be continued:

With the remainder of the midfield, the forwards and manager, most certainly the ones that always provide us with the most heated arguments!

At the moment, cant write any more, am now half cut

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Is everyone ready or good enough for the battle?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 08:11:56 PM »
Seems fair enough :)

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 10:40:24 PM »
I think both keepers are better than 6.5/10 keepers. Losing Timms, I really worried for us but King and Vince have hardly put a foot wrong, even if that stats may suggest King has conceded a few

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 05:40:40 AM »
The first time I saw Pidge play I was really impressed with him. Nothing I have seen since as altered my mind about the lad. In fact,  I think he could be the new Martin Hardy given time and if he decides to stay with us. In my eyes, Tex Hardy was pound for pound the best CH I have seen at this club. Not stylish in any way but a 100% player all match.
I'll have to leave this now, Alice Baxter is on the TV and i'm not missing her!! ;)

Check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny 
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 07:47:07 AM »
In the last 2 season when it comes to player of the season nomination Newsham has been the only name mentioned.

At the moment I would any of Piergianni, Garner, Ross, Miller and Newsham would all deserve it.

Imp Stalker

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 09:32:39 AM »
I think our two centre halves are excellent, but thought they looked a little slow on Saturday against a lively Brackley.

I really hope that doesnt haunt us...

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 10:10:07 AM »
A great first post RPG  8)
Looking forward to the next bit!  :)

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 01:27:07 PM »
In the last 2 season when it comes to player of the season nomination Newsham has been the only name mentioned.

At the moment I would any of Piergianni, Garner, Ross, Miller and Newsham would all deserve it.

Many of RPG's points are spot on, including the quite fair overview of Ross. But though we will all have different opinions did you really mean to put him in your nomination list Lee?

RPG

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 04:32:55 PM »
PART TWO;

MILNES;

One of the first to re-sign for this year, and we all feel he has had a very in and out, stop and start season. No doubting that in the early part of the year he was the most mobile of our midfield three, but for some reason has never really shone as many were hoping. We like his commitment and the fact that when playing, normally with Ross and Marshall he was the one person who at least carried the ball and looked the one player who may create some chances, an area in which as a team we have failed miserably this season, (which we will come on to|) Injuries didn't help, nor did the arrival of Hall and since he got his injury and with the form shown of the new arrivals, it is doubtful, like Ross perhaps, if he will be able to re-establish himself as an automatic starter before the season ends, but if he does, we are all confident he wont let anyone down because he never really plays badly, just perhaps inconsistently?

6.5 out of 10

RYAN SEMPLE

Not been back long and perhaps it's a bit unfair to offer a judgement because of that. I am sure we all welcomed him back, and since his arrival has done little wrong, but it is probably fair to say, he doesn't appear as quick as he once did, struggling at times to go past the last defender with sheer pace as he used to. It can be obviously overcome with an earlier delivery, but we need bodies in the middle for that, which we rarely have, and he certainly puts a full shift in, but we were actually discussing the possibilities of perhaps moving him to full back? Putting McGhee on the right wing and Connor back sitting in front of the back four. He's certainly experienced enough to adapt, good to have him back in the squad though isn't it?

6.5 out of 10

MCGHEE
AGNEW
DIXON

Only been here just over a month, and again would be hard to offer any real judgement other than we like them all and for slightly different reasons. Collectively what they have given us is a new midfield work rate. They all tackle like demons, in fact I'm sure the first tackle McGhee ever did in a Boston shirt saw the Solihull centre forward stretchered off!
They are all quick, they are all comfortable on the ball and if we only changed the tactics used we all think their arrival will cement our play off aspirations. The last two games though and with the ball continually flying back and forwards over their heads, whilst not being over run, they really haven't managed to get a strangle hold on the game and that's disappointing. Certainly nullifies all their strengths.
We were also discussing the possibilities of DG moving McGhee out to the right wing regardless, which everyone says is or was his normal position at Grantham, and with his pace and determination it could be a good, positive move. Of the three Agnew is just and by the slimmest of margins our favourite and purely because the youngster appears to create a bit more space for himself on the ball, but equally between the four of us we cant find anything negative to say.
If they keep fit, keep putting in the performances so far witnessed and we keep (should that be start) feeding them the ball on the floor so they run through the middle with it we will have a very capable, very mobile and very fit mobile engine.

7 out of 10 (for all three)

SWD

What's happened to Spencer? Obviously can't speak for others but we look at him, look at his body language and don't know if it's just us, but he just doesn't look as though he enjoys playing football at the moment. Whether Millers arrival and the form he's shown has put his nose put of joint somewhat we dont know, but there is certainly something missing from his game, something we assume DG agrees with as even before his injury, which must have been frustrating for the lad, he was regularly put on the bench.
People say Miller can be too greedy (and we will come onto that) but our shared opinion is that SWD doesn't appear to want to pass to anybody, especially his striking partners.Even more frustrating, even allowing for the fact that he's never been known for his strength on the ball is the amount of time he loses it, and worse the areas in which he loses it. If he loses it taking on full backs fine, we don't have any problem with that, but to do so, and so often, when trying to dribble across the pitch without laying it off, is akin to schoolboy behaviour. Its a real no no.
His goal at Histon was brilliant, and it reminded us all of what he can do, but even though he's approaching double figures for the season, his finishing has been..........inconsistent.
Most of the time we certainly cant knock his work rate, but at this level is that enough, on the evidence of this season probably no. Maybe he thinks he has to prove something, be it to the manager, the players or us lot. Well he doesn't, we just want the old SWD back. Give me the SWD of a couple of years ago and he would unquestionably be starting every game, but this year he has in the main been quite disappointing, or do others disagree?
We do concede where he is being asked to play, like Miller presently and Newsh earlier in the season, hasn't helped him, as so much of his time is now spent tracking back opposition wingers rather than taking on opposition centre halves as he has previously been used to, but even so.

6.5 out of 10

MILLER

Do we think he is a greedy bugger? At times most definitely. Should he lay the ball off more frequently? The same answer applies.
But whatever you think, we all agree Miller is now our undoubted talisman. When he is on the ball we all start shifting that closer to the end of our seats wondering what will happen next and we cant remember the last player we had who made that happen. Yes like most forwards he is greedy at times and it bloody frustrates us as much as any, but many, certainly in the seats around us also seem to ignore the positive consequences of that greed.
By being greedy, by taking players on he is probably the most fouled player in the league, by being greedy he is the only player who regularly gets down to the by line, and think back about how many goals we have scored form those resulting corners and free kicks? By being greedy he has also earned what,9,10 penalties, he's probably also got the most assists and more MOM awards than anyone else, probably double in fact, so it's no wonder so many clubs are watching him. Forgetting his undoubted greed at times, which we cant dispute, he does however have one priceless bullet in his armoury though that few can boast, in that he can make things happen, out of nothing. Work rate, commitment, and attitude (something many heavily criticised him for at the start of the season, I wonder if those who did, still think he's no better than a journey man now?) are all first class, we just hope along with Pidge and Newsham that he stays fit as we badly need him in the team.

9 out of 10   

NEWSHAM

Is almost becoming Mr Boston isn't he, 100 goals for one team at this level is something to be really proud of, and lets hope there are many more to come. Okay he is a completely different player to Miller, but of all our strikers, none of us dispute the fact that he is our best finisher.
Okay he doesn't get many wonder goals, but so what? A 30/40 yard effort like Bores wonder strike against Telford means no more than a two foot tap in and that's where Newsh excels. He has this knack, it's almost like a sixth sense of being in the right place at the right time and why as the season proves he is our top goalscorer, on target to hopefully bag another 30 goal seasonal tally which would be truly magnificent.
The only criticism we have, and its not his fault is how is asked to play. For two thirds of the season, like Miller and Semple/SWD is now he was asked to be another defensive midfielder, how on earth is that playing to his strengths?
Well it isn't, any more than the role he's now being asked to do, as a lone striker with his back to goal trying to win headers against 6' 3" defenders. We need to see Newsh arriving in the box to get on the end of crosses, midfield passes and the like, and we are dismayed he isn't being played in a manner which allows him to do just that.
We are also staggered that his hat trick the other week was his first for Boston, we argued all the way home trying to remind each other the previous games where we were all confident he had did the same.
He currently leads the conference scoring charts and who would bet against him finishing top, like Pidge, Garner, Miller, and a couple of others, please don't let our master goal poacher get injured as we so badly need him as well.
We all further agree that if we were to play two up front as opposed to the lone striker DG unfortunately always opts for, that Newsh and Miller would terrorise defences and if that happens, with The Nesh in particular would add significantly to his already outstanding 'goals' return

8.5 out of 10

DG

Oh dear, the timing of this couldn't be worse could it? I only want to dwell briefly on recent events which no doubt divided opinions. We have only discussed it once and that was Sunday in the pub, and we were split down the middle in the should he stay should he go debate, but the chairman has made his decision and we all accept it and if its the best thing for the team, which without considering other factors it has to be doesn't it we all support it?

On to football matters without knowing the man, we rarely stay post home matches, he seems to be a very personable very likeable individual and you cant argue considering how dire we were performing at the end of last season that the performances and most certainly results have been better than any of us could have hoped for.

However we have surely thrown away many points this season and against some pretty poor opposition, Stalybridge, Harrogate (who can forget that game?) and particular Histon and Oxford to mention just some, because we feel of the rather negative tactics DG uses. I know before you ask that with our goals for record such a comment perhaps gives weight to the contrary, but we don't think so.

We've played one up front all season and consistently used a long  ball up to whoever our forward is in the 'hope' that something positive will happen. Sometimes it does but alas what normally happens is the opposition defenders and with some ease, win the header which then comes straight back, normally over the heads of the midfield who are regularly almost playing on the shoes of the back four and in doing so put ourselves under, on occasions almost constant pressure.
When we do get the ball back, certainly when the back four win it back, because the midfield are all so deep, not to mention at least one mostly both of our two other alleged forwards,  they have no one to give it to, so naturally they too resort to clearing their lines and the pressure starts all over again. Come on Dennis, if we can see that mate........

When that happens it also gives limited chances for the midfield to get up and support the forward(s) The only time they do is when we have free kicks. We simply have to get our midfield away from the back four and closer to and hopefully in the opposition area which all season hasn't happened. So many times The Newsh or particularly Miller break free and there is simply no-one to pass to as they are invariably just crossing the half way line. We have to use them more, and if anyone needs any evidence that our observations are true look at the quite pathetic goal return from the whole of the midfield this season. Ross has four (at least one, I think two were free kicks and one a penalty!)
Agnew (0) McGhee (1) Dixon (0) Hall (1) Marshall (1) Fairclough (1) Indy (0) Milnes (0) Semple (2) I guarantee the defenders have more which frankly whislt great for the team is surely a joke. We cant keep relying on The Newsh and Miller, the team needs the midfield to start scoring but for them to do that DG has to allow them to get forward, has to instruct them to be more offensive rather than as happens every week drag everyone behind the ball to form what looks at times a back seven or eight.

As a team we don't even think of pressing the opposition until they cross into our half which is now congested by ten outfield players dropping deeper and deeper. For goodness sake, allow them to press at least 30 yards higher up the pitch Mr G.

I think you have assembled a cracking midfield trio, now lets use them, lets use their fitness and energy. Let them loose. Play two up front to compliment what could be a marauding midfield, and take the game to our opponents. Let them be concerned with what we do rather than be somewhat fixated about stopping what the opposition may do. I don't want to sound too critical because we are obviously in a great position thanks to DG and of course the lads but we all feel a play off place, even the league itself is there for the taking, and why couldn't it be us that takes it?

We have many hard games coming up, unfortunately a lot are away, with some horrendously journeys thrown in among them so lets go out intent on winning and not as appears to have happened in many games in almost Sam Allardyce fashion, intent on not losing.

There is a huge difference.

One thing we all credit DG is the length his contacts spread to, and to get people like Garner, Agnew, Dixon, and especially Marrs who was our real favourite has been a great coup. He has also shown himself, as he had to, to being quite ruthless in moving many under achievers out, so just take the bull by the horn Mr G use that same conviction and let the lads loose, do that and we are all confident you could carve yourself put a little bit of Boston United history.
If we don't go up, don't let it be because we didn't give it everything. The lads you have assembled, look together, look a unit wishing to play for and with each other so play to their strengths.

One last thing, (two actually) and again on behalf of our little quartet I put it out there for your opinions. Billy mentioned it a few months ago, and we have been watching ever since, and he was right. How many people have noticed the amount of times we lose possession from our own throw in's?Don't take our word for it, watch them next week, or this Saturday for those who go. We reckon we lose the ball up to 70% of the time we have throw in's. What a waste, if it mean going backwards, then so be it. We have no big players to flick throw in's on so why do we keep doing it. If anyone has the ear of DG please mention it, as we now scream out every week trying to make our case, but not surprisingly our pleas fall on deaf ears from the bench! ;D

Lastly before I retire back to the obscurity of the cheap seats, could anyone offer any logical reason why all three of our keepers used and in what is surely the smallest team in the league appear hell bent on kicking the ball high and long straight down the throats of the eagerly waiting opposition centre halves?
We can only remember one game, BPA where after getting passed to death for 45 minutes the keeper continually rolled the ball to defenders following which they then brought the ball out with a degree of control. Why cant we do that all the time? Why throw possession away so cheaply, so needlessly when a logical alternative to the size of our squad is available, and then if it needs to go long as at least we can deliver it down the wings and not down the middle.

Anyway marks our of ten for MR G

To where we were at the end of last season 10 out of 10. Where we are in terms of seasonal expectations 8.5 out of 10 Could yet be 10!) Tactics used this season 6.5 out of 10

Good luck to everyone for the rest of the season, lets hope we have a great finish, we all feel it will be

Seenbetter

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 07:31:30 PM »
Ever felt like you are wasting your time talking about football on here RPG. Isnt this forum more about slagging off DG or DN or winding up people by posting comments or just trying to bring down the club in general. Keep trying though RPG, there are afew on here who actually go to the games and know what you are talking about. At least its Friday tomorrow, traditionally fish and chip day, so a lot of the recent rubbish will be used to wrap them up.

Willy Gambles Left Boot

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2014, 09:01:26 PM »
Very interesting and insightful comments

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2014, 07:42:59 AM »
nothing much a regular fan do not no already I think were the least money is spent is in goal keepers.
comeing to m/field packing defence do you not think they have to without being disrespecfull we have 2 unown keepers.
and with a big hole to fill with marrs missing every player including strikers have to defend at times and they no it.
but hey we aint doing to bad are we    we just need a r/back imo ;) and we will be fine.

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2014, 08:27:47 AM »
Thank heavens for small mercies. We're going to be alright Miele says so

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2014, 10:38:15 AM »
nothing much a regular fan do not no already I think were the least money is spent is in goal keepers.
comeing to m/field packing defence do you not think they have to without being disrespecfull we have 2 unown keepers.
and with a big hole to fill with marrs missing every player including strikers have to defend at times and they no it.
but hey we aint doing to bad are we    we just need a r/back imo ;) and we will be fine.

When do you start going to school - because your spelling and punctuation is dreadful.
Can't you ask your grandad to post here instead - surely his standard of English would be more acceptable?

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2014, 11:00:15 AM »

When do you start going to school - because your spelling and punctuation is dreadful.
Can't you ask your grandad to post here instead - surely his standard of English would be more acceptable?

Artemis,  have you not considered that this may just be a form of local patois or indeed the poster may have a recognised challenge such as dyslexia or may not have English as a first language?  You should at least try to show some intelligence before making such crass comments.   :dan
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.