Author Topic: New ground update.  (Read 18916 times)

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: New ground update.
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2016, 10:51:39 AM »
Quite bizarrely, this appeared on the Boston Borough Council Facebook page yesterday......

"Quadrant clarification: In respect of the link between the development on the west side and the stadium site (on the east side) the planning obligation (s.106 agreement) says: “As soon as practicable after the occupation of the 100th house and 50% of the commercial floorspace, to let the Stadium Construction Contract”.
This means that there is a trigger when the developers are legally bound to let the contract for the construction of the stadium and it is also dependent upon a certain level of funding having been received. This does not stop the developer from commencing on the stadium sooner but there is a point in housing development that they cannot go past until the stadium starts."

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2016, 11:20:54 AM »
Can't believe people are panicking about the new stadium, does anyone honestly think The Chestnuts would be still be plowing money into the football club if there was a danger of the club having nowhere to play. See you all on Saturday fellow idiots.  UTP.

Friendly on here. I get the last sentence was a joke but jeez..maybe we shouldn't have a forum. By your logic we shouldn't question greeny and we'll be in the champions league on 6 years. Don't question the chestnuts. Right I'm gonna go off and forget I wondered how things were progressing.

Green hats mate. - sorry. You are right the last time I was involved with  planning was the 90's. I spent a small amount of time with nkdc and did my GNVQ in the built environment. I didn't expect it to have changed so much . my comments were inaccurate because of that and I'm sorry.

"By your logic we shouldn't question greeny and we,ll be in champions league on 6 years" You clearly don't read this forum very often or you would know that arguably nobody on here has questioned him more than me.Also one of my recent posts suggests we are in danger of relegation. As for the new stadium all I said was there is no need for panic, I totally respect you and many others that would like to know how things are progressing I also would like some reassurance but also respect the owners right to make comment when they feel it is appropriate.  And by the way many people think we are daft for travelling all over the north and they could have a point.  UTP.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2016, 11:49:47 AM »
Let's hope we are not waiting for the 100th house to be occupied! Might be a long wait?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2016, 09:59:37 PM »
Let's hope we are not waiting for the 100th house to be occupied! Might be a long wait?

The way we slap them up and pile them in these days they best get the steel ordered fast you mean

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2016, 07:37:02 AM »
Occupancy of 100 houses - from footings to external finishings could be done in a year, if the infrastructure was already in place, and assuming a lot are Housing Association.

Dale Vince is building a Vegan stadium for FGR.
Made of wood allegedly, and only veggie burgers and vegan pies on sale  :o

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2016, 12:28:55 PM »
Occupancy of 100 houses - from footings to external finishings could be done in a year, if the infrastructure was already in place, and assuming a lot are Housing Association.

Dale Vince is building a Vegan stadium for FGR.
Made of wood allegedly, and only veggie burgers and vegan pies on sale  :o
wouldn't this also mean that other than the starting XI, all the other p l ayers had to be vegetarians? This would ensure a full compliment of meat free substitutes!😀
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2016, 07:47:42 PM »
Soya Bean Rovers  8)
Ultimately we are all helping to fund this hippy crap, which is quite ironic under the circumstances  :dan

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2016, 09:18:23 AM »
Scott Dalton had David Newton on his show this morning discussing Dennis and asked him about the ground. Here’s what Newton said, for anyone who didn’t tune in:

- Finances are still not sorted, but they’re ‘getting there’. Other loose ends to tie up with contracts etc.
- Construction still set to start in the spring
- Newton relaxed about the timelines for vacating York St
- The ground may not be finished before the club move in, but it will be usable

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2016, 10:06:14 AM »
wouldn't this also mean that other than the starting XI, all the other p l ayers had to be vegetarians? This would ensure a full compliment of meat free substitutes!😀

I think that was slightly more amusing when I penned it in the program notes for the game against Quorn.........

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2016, 05:10:45 PM »

I think that was slightly more amusing when I penned it in the program notes for the game against Quorn.........
so sorry to have inadvertently infiltrated your original copyrighted humour. i'll make sure i re-read all my previous programs before making a comment about anything in the future. i'd love to be as amusing as you, i'll try harder to be more original in the future. it's a bloody shame when you can't post what i saw as an amusing anecdote without someone having a negative comment about it. no wonder this club's fans fall out, is there?
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684