Author Topic: 3rd Qualy Round Draw  (Read 12390 times)

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
Re: 3rd Qualy Round Draw
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2013, 09:02:49 PM »
Be positive!  8)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2013, 09:04:14 PM »
1 0 Brackley 58 mins

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2013, 09:45:21 PM »
Brackley won 1 0

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2013, 09:47:08 PM »
So 2 trips there in 3 weeks...

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2013, 10:31:40 PM »
In these trying days, there is no way the club can put on 'free' coaches, but if the interest was there, it could possibly provide a coach company the chance to get a good bit of PR, by laying on a couple of supporters buses and charginging according to net costs, ie; the driver and diesel, which might equate for those wishing to avail themselves of such an offer to £5-£7 a head. Plus once costs are covered the club would get half of the reciepts they then pay to enter

Everyone could benefit, hence the PR. Am sure the standard would do a decent piece for the coach company, and depending on the deal they could then lay on a special sponsors day for them FOC at one of ther forthcoming home games?
Brylaine?

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2013, 11:01:27 PM »
So 2 trips there in 3 weeks...

No one's forcing you to go......... ;)

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2013, 11:02:22 PM »
Is that the South Derbys Gresley ? terrible ground.. unless they've moved.
  Are you there ?

Yes, I was there. It was quite a short trip for me, so decided to take a look as soon as the draw came out. It will be the same ground that you're talking about ... they've played there since 1908 and it's not in the best of conditions. At one end there's just a sheer brick wall directly behind the goal - bound to injure a few flying wingers over the course of a season.

Neither goalkeeper had too much to do, and both sides lacked composure in front of goal. There were a few openings created, but a lot of shots ended up in the back gardens at both ends. Brackley were a little bit fitter and a bit slicker with their passing, whereas Gresley were a bit more hit and hope. The winning goal came in the 58th minute, and Brackley had hit the bar a few seconds earlier.

Gresley did apply a lot of pressure in the final few minutes. Their goalkeeper went up for a couple of corners and came close to connecting with a header from one of them. As the final whistle blew, the Gresley goalkeeper was actually in the opposing half and running down the left wing with the ball. It was a shame the ref blew time at that point, as it'd have been interesting to have seen what happened next.

I would have preferred a Gresley win. There's little doubt that there the lower ranked of the two teams and it would have taken less petrol to get there than going to Brackley, but on the night I don't think Gresley can have any real complaints about the result. But I didn't see anything to fear in Brackley either.

We can't expect a bumper pay day from the next round. The overall attendance tonight was 302, of which only about 10 were probably from Brackley. The away fans didn't make that much noise either, though at least their goalkeeper never shut up all night!

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2013, 07:04:25 AM »
I can't remember one end being bricked up when I went in 1998 but thats 15 years ago, the memory does play tricks!

Horrible place, one pub refused to serve me as I'd got Josh with me who was 6 or 7 at the time.

Seenbetter

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2013, 08:12:39 AM »
Probably wasn't because of his age, more likely to have been the 3 pints of lager and a packet of crisps you ordered for him.
As for the wall, surely a design fault. Should be in front of the goal.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2013, 08:25:39 AM »
No dount just to prove me wrong (yet again) it will probably end up 5-5, but on paper the tie doesn't suggest it will be anything but a dour low scoring battle, one of those "who wants it more" matches. Statistically we have one of the best attacks in the league, and though they appear to have troubles scoring, they have the best defence in the league. Only just noticed that they have only let in just three goals in nine games, and full credit to them for that as that really takes some doing doesn't it?Take a replay now!

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2013, 06:34:58 PM »
I can't remember one end being bricked up when I went in 1998 but thats 15 years ago, the memory does play tricks!

Horrible place, one pub refused to serve me as I'd got Josh with me who was 6 or 7 at the time.

The most memorable part of my first ever away day! The game (L 1-0) wasn't great and they even charged me more than Dad thought for a kitkat!

and no, that wall didn't used to back on to the goal, there was a very small terrace in there at some point