Author Topic: Gainsboro Forum  (Read 6867 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Gainsboro Forum
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2014, 01:24:22 PM »
Sorry Steeli but for once I have to take issue with your comments , I cannot recall seeing Scotty make comments on your forum that could be classified as other than normal (not vicious )football forum banter .
No one can dispute the action was required to sort forum out ,  as you mention some  contents had become  as you suggest vindictive , nasty and vicious .  Don,t you think these eminated through rival factions ie GTFC fans and Blues club members , 
Unless some one can show me otherwise I do not accept that Scotty has posted in a vindictive etc manner .

Hope the forum runs well from now on .

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2014, 02:32:47 PM »
Regarding earlier references to true rivalry, our greatest was in fact Peterborough United in the fifties. They and we dominated the Midland League and we were, if honest, 97% as good as them. Five figure crowds were seen and Boxing Day and Easter Monday games were anticipated with relish for weeks beforehand. Unfortunately, the Midland League was restructured and we opted for the Southern League. A short while afterwards came the great schism between United and F C, and recovery was long in coming. On the other hand, at the last moment, Posh elected to stay in the softer Midland League, had another of their cup runs and got elected to the Football League at the expense of (I think without checking) Gateshead. The rest, as they say, is history.

I looked forward with relish to our meetings in the Football League but came away disappointed that the atmosphere at those games was not as it had been in the past. (Nostalgia isn't what it used to be!)

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2014, 02:50:40 PM »
Sorry Steeli but for once I have to take issue with your comments , I cannot recall seeing Scotty make comments on your forum that could be classified as other than normal (not vicious )football forum banter .
No one can dispute the action was required to sort forum out ,  as you mention some  contents had become  as you suggest vindictive , nasty and vicious .  Don,t you think these eminated through rival factions ie GTFC fans and Blues club members , 
Unless some one can show me otherwise I do not accept that Scotty has posted in a vindictive etc manner .

Hope the forum runs well from now on .

Scotty was trolling, and received abuse as a result. Hence the removal of those threads

Most nasty and personal attacks were (as you say) between rival factions

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2014, 02:52:06 PM »
Now they don't have swanns money they go quiet and cant take the criticism. The sooner they go down 2 the northern prem with the other tinpot teams the better

Where will you be without Chesnuts money?

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2014, 02:59:34 PM »
Now they don't have swanns money they go quiet and cant take the criticism. The sooner they go down 2 the northern prem with the other tinpot teams the better

They'll not go down, they'll do what Grimity have done for the last 47 years........be the epitome of mediocrity, never threatening the top clubs but having just enough to not worry about relegation either. Any hope of a cup run will have had cold water thrown over it by mid September and any decent player will soon realize he's better off at Worksop, Retford, Lincoln Utd or Grantham.

Seriously, I just can't see how any BUFC fan can take them seriously as rivals, they really are a complete irrelevance who see us as their Cup Final. Its a bit like us seeing Peterborough Utd as rivals..........we should be sending a team there for a pre season kick about and patting them patronizingly on the head like Posh do us, not getting sucked into some kind of battle for county bragging rights.

Its a shame some of you people weren't around when we played Kettering in the 70's and 80's, now that was PROPER rivalry. Both clubs taking very respectable numbers to each others grounds, frequent 2000+ gates and a genuine edge to games.......which we frequently lost!

Think the rivalry mostly appears on BUFC forum, with posts like this ( think thou protest too much?)

Whether you like it or not, we are your closest rivals, same county, same standard.
 "Proper rivalry" from 40 years ago?
We have been around many years longer, and have never considered you as a " cup final"  and if we are an irrelevance, why write so much?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2014, 10:33:29 PM »
Same standard!

Imp Stalker

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2014, 10:12:17 AM »

Where will you be without Chesnuts money?

I don't think we'd exist as Boston United

I thank them every day.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2014, 11:00:20 AM »
No we would not, However due to there fantastic work if they did walk now judging by last years accounts we would have to offload a couple of players or find a extra 20 - 30 paying adults a week and we wouldnt be to far away. (althou we be shafted when it came to the ground in 4 to 5 years).

So we wouldnt be in a total mess.