Author Topic: Boston United Reserves Smash Lincoln United Reserves 6-0 !!  (Read 3426 times)

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
Boston United Reserves Smash Lincoln United Reserves 6-0 !!
« on: December 21, 2013, 05:19:30 PM »
Well done to our second string! Great result and what a game! End to end stuff (sometimes suicidal defending) with plenty of goals and excitement. Not sure how Lincoln didn't manage a consolation goal as they weren't the worst team to visit us this season. Their well-built and over-vocal manager didn't seem too pleased with the situation though and deservedly received his marching orders from Referee Mowatt for non-stop verbal abuse of the official - he can have no recourse for appeal! Vinno's team are doing the business!!!!  :bunny
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Boston United Reserves Smash Lincoln United Reserves 6-0 !!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 07:26:13 PM »
Top of the League!!! :bunny
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 08:19:53 PM »
Do you only take an interest in the reserves and not the first team.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 10:34:31 PM »
Why? Do you only take an interest in the First Team? Don't forget, there is the 1st team, Reserves, Youth and many scholar sides which all represent Boston United FC. Please don't knock those of us who take an interest in other BUFC sides apart from the First Team. It's not a crime!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 12:24:26 AM »
Someone else who doesn't answer the question asked!

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 06:27:46 AM »
SHAUNEYG who ever plays at york street we support   if it comes to money then reserves are better value.
lets not forget this is a community club and we should try support every one I love it when the youths play at york street.
what I will say last season we had a good under standing with boston town and one or two players were loned there.
this season our reserves only have first team to go for and I do believe the interest from our management is zero.
SHAUNEYG are you mannagment.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 07:15:11 AM »
No just a genuine question that's all. Nothing wrong with it at all burgh boy.

new kid on the block

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2013, 08:42:30 AM »
Im at the reserve games every match and its very enjoyable and value for money, some great football played especially today as some of the goals were top class, some of the players are very young, in fact the 11 on the pitch at the end of todays game only 2 were over 20,

rather than coming on here and moaning about something good that is happening within our club I think lot more of you should go and watch the reserves esp as they sit at the top of the league and are in a cup semi final. when you have been down to see them play perhaps your complaints can be justified, don't moan until you have actually been and watched them.

like someone said, this club has a first team a reserves a youth team and then all the junior sides and community teams.  take all that into account we are very lucky, the towns kids are very lucky to be able to aim to play for our youth an our reserves then to the first team, just like players like sam vince, james reed, Jordan nuttell Charlie sanders have done in the last 18 months.

I applaud nigel vince aidie daubney paul ward and also the chairman and the gaffer and bunny for work with the reserves,

its our club, everyone get behind all sections of it.................

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2013, 02:51:08 PM »
Missed last weeks Reserve game as lad was training in the morning and then at team party in afternoon and yesterday was other family commitments.... Will do my best to get to next game,they have been putting in some cracking performances against some big,rugged teams and giving them a beating..... Well done to Nige and Aidie and the work done so far,never have the same X1 from one game the next but they still get it right..