Author Topic: Now watch the moaners go. winning the last two must have been tough on them  (Read 6295 times)

Lord Lucan

• Happy Monkey Say Monkey Do Clapper season2014-2015
    • View Profile
Lets be more positive lets take the GRIM out of pilGRIM patter.
(from a so called on many occasions happy clapper)

Poros

• View Profile
Explain please!

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
We lost today,after two games on United Live it was good,but today it was GUESTS (too cowardly to use real names) saying the same old stuff,management don't know what they doing,squad not good enough etc..

There were no moans for last two games,that was what LL was referring too... :)

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
I'll start then.....

Sack the Board! Sack the managers! Bunch of no hopers!  :dan

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
The reality is the season was over almost as soon as it had started with the dreadful signings in the summer.

Its taken far too long for the management to right the many wrongs of the summers mistakes but over the last few weeks performances have been encouraging and the passengers in the side have either left the club or been left of out of the starting XI.......yesterday was the reality check we knew was coming.

Fact is no one cares to rant any more this season, next season needs to get off to a flier though or things will quickly turn nasty for the management, the sweeping statement of 'just be thankful we've got a club' or 'look at the rent we pay' is no longer an excuse, its been 5 years now since the cancer was cut from the club, the remission period is over.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
I Didn't go to the game so i cant comment on the game itself,

What i do know from watching many games this season is yes i agree it as taken them a long time to start getting things right but i still beleive they are starting to get there. We have started to build a young and hungry team with that your going to get a team who at time will drop there heads when we concead early or against the run of play.

I Made a reference yesterday that if a farmer plants some seeds and they grow why would he get rid and start again when he knows that one day he will have the crop he wants without the cost and time of replanting.

I Still think JL and LC are going in the right direction and i still beleive apart from a few tinkers and possibility of a bit more cover in places we have the right players even if  they are a tad in experienced. This team Will IMO win More than they will lose in the later part of this season

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
the remission period is over.
Is it? Are we now flourishing, with a lack of debt and prospering attendances?

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile

the sweeping statement of 'just be thankful we've got a club' or 'look at the rent we pay' is no longer an excuse, its been 5 years now since the cancer was cut from the club, the remission period is over.

The cancer may have been cut out, but the wounds will take longer than five years to heal. We're still a long way from being back to full health. And I'd argue those issues are as relevant today as they were back then: the rent issue will cripple the club until we move, and we're still running at a loss that would, should Newton and Kempster withdraw their funding, surely doom the club in its current form. A sense of perspective and the realisation the club is still in the middle of long-term rehabilitation doesn't make you a happy clapping apologist, but it does help put one mediocre season into a bit of context.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
I think the problem is that this is our first mid-table season for three seasons (a relegation battle, then 2 play off campaigns), and the excitement factor isn't there. It probably doesn't help that Trinity are having a good season for once...

Pride of Lincolnshire

It probably doesn't help that Trinity are having a good season for once...

This season isn't any worse for me because a tinpot outfit up the road have managed to win a few more games than ourselves. As a BUFC fan, I'm more concerned about us getting the right results as opposed to watching others fortunes.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
I think the problem is that this is our first mid-table season for three seasons (a relegation battle, then 2 play off campaigns), and the excitement factor isn't there. It probably doesn't help that Trinity are having a good season for once...

I couldn't give a feck about them.........I haven't done for 35 years, I'm not going to start now. They are NOT a rival,they don't hold a candle to us as far as stature goes and they are not even close to us in any way,shape or form.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Mid table is no longer an agreeable arrangement for the fly by night modern fan.  It's either all or nothing promotion or all or nothing relegation battles.  Being good enough is no longer good enough.  We're the 3G, Red Bull, Jägermeister we want it all now, extra strong, extra shot generation and it'll be the death of football when 3/4's of the fans stop turning up after the god awful transfer window shuts in January.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

woad_pilgrim

Don't agree with N40's regarding the managers. Personally think their inexperience at the start of the season meant we suffered as they learnt what their best formation is/was, what type of style they wanted to play, which players they made a mistake with and also I think their hand was forced a bit in some of the signings and the budget constraints. As the season has worn on the squad has improved dramatically and the style we are now playing is also better than anything we played last season IMO, although not as successful results-wise.

The call from many on here was "get rid of the journeymen and over the hill players and bring in young hungry players". That has been done but it leaves us with inexperience which will result in poor results/performances like yesterday from time to time.

I do agree with him about Trinity though, they're an irrelevance to a lot of our fans. In the 80's when I started watching Boston Kettering where the enemy, for much older fans I know Peterborough where from the Midland League days (although not sure how many of them are about). Think we where starting to build up a nice rivalry with Lincoln but really needed 10 years+ to build up a proper rivalry. For me we don't really have a local rival nowadays.

As far as where we are at again I agree with N40's. Yes we have the ground rent and yes we lose money. But we get 3 and 4 times the attendance of most teams in this league, teams who are also suffering from the recession as we are. Saying we should expect mid table is like saying we should be out-performing Lincoln if we where in the conf national because they have problems. It's a ridiculous statement, Halifax and us are the 2 biggest sides in this division and mid-table should be considered an underachievement. I don't expect ot demand success but if we don't see mid-table as failure then we may as well pack up. Always strive for more, I bet DN and NK aren't happy with mid-table.

People go on about us not being able to survive in the league above, but piddly little clubs like Tamworth and Hayes and Yeading manage it. Jesus clubs like Dag and Red, Acrrington, Macc etc. are smaller/similar size clubs to us and survive in League 2.

Old yellow

• View Profile
Now.Now.Lord Lucan me old mucker its time for your tablets and bed bath. One bad season may seem like the end of the world, but it could just make us stronger and more determined to get promotion next year. Have we got the best managers in the league and can they take the club forward? At the start of the season you would have said No, but hopefully they have learned from the mistakes, and we can move on from here.With regards to Gainsborough, who would have thought Manchester City would be on the verge of a premier league title, its not how big you are, but how much money rightly or wrongly is ploughed into your club. But Gainsborough beware look at Portsmouth,Leeds etc......

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Still a few of us about from the ML days WP .   If I remember correctly the Posh matches v Boston at London Rd drew gates of 10k. .  Main changes in the game since then is the influx of money into the game (due to sky) , which in turn has created a greed culture .
What hasnt changed is the belief of most fans nationwide that their club should have continual success on the field. 
Many of the old-timers will recall many a time over the years shouts of "get yer cheque book out Malkie " after a defeat at YS.
To add to OY post ,  Mr Swan has got his cheque book out for the last three years .
How many play-offs have Trinity go to ?