Author Topic: Boston v Hull  (Read 2835 times)

Gus

• View Profile
Boston v Hull
« on: August 02, 2012, 07:46:39 AM »
A good warm-up match against a side of young, full time pro's.

Jason should find plenty of positives from last night and Korey Dyer-Stewart looked very skilfull when he came on. I understand he's still a trialist but hope we sign him. Lean and hungry.

I had the pleasure of looking after the father of England legend Ray Clemence and his friends, all of whom were impressed with our side, the one outstanding player being James Reed.

Unfortunately for us, young James is only 17 and head boy at Boston Grammar school, so I don't think he will be in Boston much longer than another season before he heads off to University.

An old gent sitting near us told me it was worth a fiver just for Ross's free kick at the end.

Roll on Friday against Mansfield.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 07:58:12 AM by Gus »

BosLeake

• View Profile
Re: Boston v Hull
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 09:30:04 AM »
How did the back four play and the midfield? , was there many good performances.

pilgrim4life

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 09:59:29 AM »
back 4 wasnt great but it wont be the starting 4. I thought the midfield looked a bit off the pace first half but that was probably because of all the long balls we were playing up to nuttell and swd. Second half looked a lot better playing 4-3-3. Newsh and jones linking up well and should have scored a couple between them.   

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 11:16:03 AM »
(only one outstanding player GUS )as a family gavering who paid for the fish and chips after the game  :dan

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 03:08:36 PM »
My post did not say Reed was the ONLY outstanding player. Specsavers???

Mr. Clemence and his friends were last seen by me going into the Directors Lounge, and as I am only a bit-part volunteer, it was back home for me and the good lady for a packet of crisps.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 03:54:24 PM »
I agree with P4L when we went to 4-3-3 we were more effective . Lee seems to have mastered making this  formation work in his short managerial career .
Grimsby fans on "The Fishy" are still complaining that Rob & Paul cannot play to the 4-3-3 system , this after 4 years of management.

jonathanBUFC

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 05:31:15 PM »
It was a much better performance to the spalding game! Better in the first half when more of last seasons starting 11 players came on. We looked much more promising, reed was brilliant and all we needed was the strong fairly experienced center midfielder, which we now have! Also hope we sign Kory Dyer - Stewart. that is his name as last night they announced it wrong but it was corrected later on twitter. He showed good skill and got stuck into the game when he came on and got some good shots in.