Author Topic: Boston United Santa Fun Run 2009  (Read 13320 times)

bufc40

• View Profile
Re: Boston United Santa Fun Run 2009
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2009, 05:58:15 PM »
what time u expecting ken? Hoping the santa suit doesnt chaffe

doesnt chaffe, but boy do u sweat in it. ;D

cookie

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2009, 02:05:20 PM »
Come on everybody!
Let's beat last years amount of entries .....up to the 100 mark now, still need at least another 30!
You don't have to collect sponsor money, just enter the run for fun .....and you don't even have to run!
Have a nice walk round on a crisp Christmas morning!
The more Santas the better the event looks.
You can even turn up and register and get your Santa Suit on Sunday morning .....preferably before 10.30 for the 11.00 start.
Even the Council have welcomed us this year and our start & finish is in the Market Place outside M&S in amongst the Christmas Market.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 02:12:12 PM by Ken Fox »

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2009, 03:09:36 PM »
you will be doing it then cookie?

bufc40

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2009, 12:33:36 AM »
you will be doing it then cookie?

err i dont think so.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2009, 10:57:05 PM »
So are any Patterers apart from me planning to be jogging around Boston on Sunday morning?!

It should be fun weaving through the Christmas Market dodging the traction engines.  :)

Christmas Market To Bring Good Cheer

Just to confuse me it looks like they've changed the route this year so it goes the opposite way round from the previous years and it starts in a different place. Hopefully they will remember to hand out the numbers this year and will log us as we cross the finishing line!

If you're not taking part, then please consider sponsoring me. Once again I'm running to try and raise a bit of money for Cancer Research UK. It is a great cause and with your support they are managing to make a real difference in improving treatments and saving lives.

You can make donations by visiting my Justgiving page at:

www.justgiving.com/kenfox2009

The Santa Fun Run is also raising some much needed money for Boston United FC, so I will personally match your donations to Cancer Research UK with an equivalent donation to the football club (up to a total of £200, so don't go too mad or I'll be bankrupt  ;))
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 11:06:09 PM by Ken Fox »

bufc40

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2009, 12:49:39 AM »
im running ken, finished one behind u last yr. so watch out for the ginger santa!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 01:47:49 PM by spotty dog »

cookie

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2009, 09:45:20 AM »
Hi Doc. No sorry I am not running, mainly because I have to walk round the course before hand and because I am still busy throughout the event .....and finally because I am so unfit is untrue! I ran 100 yards to my shop the other morning and it took me 10 minutes to recover! My athletic days are over ....some will say I never had an athletic day! Apparently Neil is definitely doing it and trying to convince Dave to do it! We are up to about 120 at the moment, still a few short on last year, but Craig was going over to Centre of Excellence training last night to try and convince the young lads to join in.

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2009, 12:53:32 PM »
no excuses cookie!
will be there (nearer the back)

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2009, 07:55:54 PM »
I ran 100 yards to my shop the other morning and it took me 10 minutes to recover!

That's more than enough training for a Santa Fun Run.  ;D

I bet you'd rather really be running in it than dealing with all the hassle of organising it, so many, many thanks for putting it on and giving the rest of us a lot of fun on Sunday morning.

Just back from my last training run - a gentle eight mile jog around the hills of Headingley (that's altitude training compared with Boston  :)).

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2009, 11:53:24 PM »
So are any Patterers apart from me planning to be jogging around Boston on Sunday morning?!

I'm planning on walking it, was going to run it but some numpty as organised the C of E night out  the night before.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2009, 10:49:55 AM »
you a regular at the Church of England then?

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2009, 09:03:08 AM »
you a regular at the Church of England then?

Yes, qwerty is very religious. Bet he sings in the choir. It couldn't be anything else could it.  ;D

Clear sky in Boston this morning and it looks like there's been some overnight rain. Should be perfect running condidtions by 11 o'clock. Hope to see a few of you at the start/finish outside M&S.

It's not too late to either enter or to sponsor me! If you turn up outside M&S with a tenner before 10:30 you can enter and get your Santa Suit. You also get a bonus of some healthy exercise to get you fit for Christmas.  :)

I've not quite made my sponsorship target yet so if you are feeling generous and want to support two good causes then visit my sponsorship page and make a donation. All donations are very gratefully received.

www.justgiving.com/kenfox2009

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2009, 12:34:05 PM »
It was a lovely morning for a jog around the town. A very good turn out and lots of fun was had.

It all went very smoothly, so very many thanks to everyone who helped out to make it such a success.

I finished in 5th place, so I'm very happy with that. If I'd realised that I couldn't actually put in a sprint finish on the cobbles on Fish Lane I reckon I could have won it! The winner was well within my sights.  8)

Many thanks again to everyone who has sponsored me.

Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2009, 08:33:05 PM »
has anyone got any pics from todays fun run?

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2009, 08:42:32 PM »
has anyone got any pics from todays fun run?

There are some very good ones on Facebook put on by Stuart Andrew and David Gray.