Author Topic: Loan recalls  (Read 9620 times)

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Loan recalls
« on: February 18, 2016, 10:05:54 PM »
Do we ever recall players after sending them out on loan?
After the shocking display on Saturday I was thinking there must be at least two loanees who should be returning to York Street pdq  :dan

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Loan recalls
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 07:23:17 AM »
Do we ever recall players after sending them out on loan?
After the shocking display on Saturday I was thinking there must be at least two loanees who should be returning to York Street pdq  :dan

Welcome to patter, Ryan. Or would you prefer to be called Kyle?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 08:42:24 AM »
The only players we need to return are Dayle, Zak and Dylan.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 10:38:50 AM »
You could be right P86, but we are relying on Dayle's broken foot healing in time to make the difference, and then he has to regain full match fitness.
I can't recall many/any players returning after they've been loaned out in the last few years, but I could be wrong, I'm sure you would know the full picture.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 12:47:39 PM »
Jamie McGhee went on dual-registration to Belper for a month-ish, before coming back and appearing in the Play Offs last season.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2016, 05:57:09 PM »
You could be right P86, but we are relying on Dayle's broken foot healing in time to make the difference, and then he has to regain full match fitness.
I can't recall many/any players returning after they've been loaned out in the last few years, but I could be wrong, I'm sure you would know the full picture.

We've had players return after being released - Jay Dowie, Jake Hall and Nicky Walker all spring to mind. If the door is open for released players to come back then surely it's open for those who are only out on loan?

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2016, 07:17:15 PM »
I wonder why some players that come in then end up going out on loan so quickly. Take Robbins for example, here is what Dennis Greene said upon signing him:

"He's like a bigger version of Ricky Miller. He's got a hammer of a left and he can score goals out of nothing," said Greene.

"He's not really a poacher of a centre forward, he tends to score more individual goals.

"He's a really good addition and he's ready for this level. He should be playing higher in my opinion."

So what's gone wrong ? Is DG just a bad judge of character ?

TEP

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2016, 09:42:24 PM »
I wonder why some players that come in then end up going out on loan so quickly. Take Robbins for example, here is what Dennis Greene said upon signing him:

"He's like a bigger version of Ricky Miller. He's got a hammer of a left and he can score goals out of nothing," said Greene.

"He's not really a poacher of a centre forward, he tends to score more individual goals.

"He's a really good addition and he's ready for this level. He should be playing higher in my opinion."

TEP

Looks like DG got that one wrong on the face of it , but since signing Robins the return of fitness of Felix and other signings have speeded his departure .  Good to see a manager always trying to improve the team .
Got him loaned out so no big financial loss , unlike some managers in the past who gave long contracts to poor signings .

Is DG a bad judge ?           Miller ,Southwell, Pidge , Garner ,Marrs,  Felix , Mills , Roberts etc . maybe goes a way to answering your question TEP .

Add loanees  Dixon , Max Agnew, Jordan Richards, McEvoy etc .

West Keal Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2016, 11:33:34 PM »

TEP

Looks like DG got that one wrong on the face of it , but since signing Robins the return of fitness of Felix and other signings have speeded his departure .  Good to see a manager always trying to improve the team .
Got him loaned out so no big financial loss , unlike some managers in the past who gave long contracts to poor signings .

Is DG a bad judge ?           Miller ,Southwell, Pidge , Garner ,Marrs,  Felix , Mills , Roberts etc . maybe goes a way to answering your question TEP .

....on the other hand....deacey, Sheridan (twice), dean-conteh, stone, walker (twice), sarpong, lavell moore, Gledhill, Doran, meadows, Hollingsworth, barlow, Reynolds, macdonald, njie, dongo, clunan...maybe these throw the answer to your question more open to debate than first thought??????
tax free sarcasm and irony included

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2016, 11:34:39 PM »
Hasn't he used about 47 different players this season ?

TEP

West Keal Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2016, 11:46:34 PM »

TEP

Must be at least 46.....
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 11:56:42 PM by West Keal Pilgrim »

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2016, 10:47:07 AM »

TEP

....on the other hand....deacey, Sheridan (twice), dean-conteh, stone, walker (twice), sarpong, lavell moore, Gledhill, Doran, meadows, Hollingsworth, barlow, Reynolds, macdonald, njie, dongo, clunan...maybe these throw the answer to your question more open to debate than first thought??????

CORRECT WKP,  lets debate it .  The 17 names above are spread over 3 seasons , that is 6 a season on average .  You will find most Con NORTH teams turn over more n/c players and trialsts than this .    Even some Nat Prem sides match these figures .(Imps!)
Now we are looking at P/T non-league football wkp ,  not the Man U,s etc that you watch on Sky .   These Prem teams have squads of 40+ players which makes life easy on the training ground 4 hours a day .

If you was team manager at BUFC how would you set up pre-season training ,
 a .    Practice moves and set pieces with 11 men v  7 men and 4 cones  :), or
 b,     Give trialist who turn up for nothing a chance and practise 11 v 11 .?

How would you organise  training sessions?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2016, 11:16:44 AM »

TEP

CORRECTION . 37 players used this season .
Of the 37 Richard Jones looks  though he will only get 60mins in this season due to injury .
Greene,s loan ended early because of bad injury .

3 were n/c players who only played a handful of games between them .
Loan players who have contributed to our successful run account for 4 of the players .

Short term loans ,  i.e to fill bench amounted to 7 players .

I gather you are not on the side of those posters who have complained about our lack of numbers player wise .

West Keal Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2016, 11:21:21 AM »

TEP

CORRECT WKP,  lets debate it .  The 17 names above are spread over 3 seasons , that is 6 a season on average .  You will find most Con NORTH teams turn over more n/c players and trialsts than this .    Even some Nat Prem sides match these figures .(Imps!)
Now we are looking at P/T non-league football wkp ,  not the Man U,s etc that you watch on Sky .   These Prem teams have squads of 40+ players which makes life easy on the training ground 4 hours a day .

If you was team manager at BUFC how would you set up pre-season training ,
 a .    Practice moves and set pieces with 11 men v  7 men and 4 cones  :), or
 b,     Give trialist who turn up for nothing a chance and practise 11 v 11 .?

How would you organise  training sessions?
One thing I do think we have right is time spent on set pieces, as we regularly create a lot of good chances from them. Sure, we don't always score, but obviously a lot of time is spent on them, it shows.
're:trials...pre-season is the right time to both scout and invite younger players to come and show what they've got, not in the middle of February during league matches. If he wants to do it mid season, then do it in the u-21's and then put the better lads on the bench, but not 4 at once because you have no-one else, other than loan players who aren't recalled!
Thirdly, one thing I think we struggle with is some teams play bully boy tactics deliberately to knock us over. Other than Garns and Pidge, we don't really seem to have anyone with a bit of edge, to stand up to the physical stuff, and that's something I think needs working on. And no, I wouldn't want a team of 6' lumps, just a little more physical prescience of our own.
And last but not least, I hate ManU and am so pleased they are struggling, but I avoid watching their 40+ squad, as I think they're cr*p!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2016, 11:47:46 AM »
Wondered how long it would come round to the "bully boys" argument. We made the Play Offs last year, and should do this year, without much presence except for Pidge and Garns. Would you rather we went for less skill, and more brute force? It might not work!