Author Topic: today  (Read 10698 times)

pilgrim4life

• View Profile
today
« on: November 12, 2011, 05:40:28 PM »
better but still not creating anything when on top! Personally i think they only looked good when we gave them time and space. Canners needs to stop playing himself when injured.   

Senny

• View Profile
Re: today
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 05:54:16 PM »
We held our own first half, they won at a canter second half.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 06:08:57 PM »
Can't fault the players for effort today.I thought we played very well in the first half,but the goal straight after half-time changed the game.It gave Hyde the lift they needed and after that their control and ball retention was to good for us.If we can play like that more often there are enough teams we can beat,but against the better sides i'm afraid we just don't have enough quality.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 06:55:46 PM »
I think today was the best we've played that I've seen this season, but sadly it also shows how far we've deteriorated as a side since the end of last season.........we're nowhere near play off quality and thats the yardstick by which the management will be judged.

pilgrim4life

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 07:17:49 PM »
first half was brilliant and should have been a platform to get something from the game but second half was back to our old tricks! Im looking forward to the youth cup much more than gainsborough at present.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 07:23:35 PM »
Too old and too slow at the back. Need somebody who can score goals.But can't fault the effort today!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2011, 09:01:02 PM »
To progres we have to clear out 3/4 players and replace them with better one,s

You never win a match if you can,t score a goal

In a high tempo game we faded like one of BOBS horses .  you don,t win anything if you can,t go the distance .

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2011, 09:06:13 PM »
GHM looks like the fitnes coach/third manager should leave then!

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2011, 09:54:20 PM »
What a great game of football today. Both teams came out with a desire to play and win the game. The best game by far his season, the team and management deserve full credit. Come on, praise where it's due!  Encourage these players, they did great and deserve plaudits.  :) we actually deserve a point today. Some folk need a reality check, put yourself in David Newtons place and think!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 09:56:33 PM by myleftfoot »
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2011, 09:58:48 PM »
Sorry I cant agree with you! We only played the first half.Team tried but age and fitness was the problem.
Do we want to be a team of no hopers or a title chasing team?
Time for some new younger and hungry players

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2011, 10:38:45 PM »
Yawn

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2011, 11:31:01 PM »
Sorry I cant agree with you! We only played the first half.Team tried but age and fitness was the problem.
Do we want to be a team of no hopers or a title chasing team?
Time for some new younger and hungry players

Don't be ridiculous  >:(
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2011, 09:25:28 AM »
KoN,

I don't know why you bother arguing with MLF, he's quite obviously content with the culture of mediocrity that's been allowed to flourish this season. Poor summer signings, a realization that what we had wasn't good enough and then short term loans and panic signings are all adding up to the scenario many of us predicted but who are shot down by those 'on message'.

Fact is we lost 5 home games in 09/10 & 10/11 combined, already in 9 home games we've lost 3 matches this season. The gates are down by around 250 per game and with tricky away games to come at the 2nd and 3rd placed teams in the next few weeks my worry is we'll find ourselves in lower mid table before too long and a budget cut in the new year. And after New Year we've a tricky run of games that I have little confidence in the current side gleaning many points from.

Over the last two seasons the great strength of the side has been to grind out results, especially against the top sides and late goals became a specialty. Yesterday I saw us collapse like a pack of cards defensively after they scored, it was only Baz, some poor finishing and the woodwork that saved us from a 4 or 5 goal mauling. We had two lads at centre back who were shot by the hour mark, hardly surprising as they had a combined age of around 70. And could anyone see us scoring? Did their keeper make a serious save all afternoon? The Hyde no 8 ran the game from midfield in the same way Sleath and Church used to for us.......why has no adequate replacements been signed? Why do we create nothing from the middle of the park?

The folly of the cheap option is coming home to roost, and the good work of the last 2 years has been tossed away in a welter of sub standard signings and equally sub standard replacements.

soccermad67

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2011, 09:27:27 AM »
The Pilgrims had a really good first half, but that quick goal just at the start of the 2nd half, was the killer blow, However overhaul  The Pilgrims played very well,do need someone other than Jason Lee to create some goalmouth chances and take them

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2011, 09:59:15 AM »
KoN,

The Hyde no 8 ran the game from midfield in the same way Sleath and Church used to for us.......why has no adequate replacements been signed? Why do we create nothing from the middle of the park?

The folly of the cheap option is coming home to roost, and the good work of the last 2 years has been tossed away in a welter of sub standard signings and equally sub standard replacements.

Whom would you like to put their hand in their pocket to pay for said replacement ?