Author Topic: Tonights game  (Read 4653 times)

Bartmac

Tonights game
« on: February 08, 2011, 07:52:32 PM »
1 up Boyes 6 mins :D

Bartmac

Re: Tonights game
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 08:32:12 PM »
2 0 Sleath

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 08:42:54 PM »
A pitch we can play on, two nil up at half time?
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

porl99

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 08:44:13 PM »
WWW.Endeavouronline.net has commentary

Bartmac

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 09:19:40 PM »
3 0 Boyes - and no "hoof ball", it sounds like we are playing it on the ground like we did at the beginning of the season!!

Oops spoke too soon - DD on in place of Boyes.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 09:24:20 PM by Bartmac »

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 09:46:11 PM »
A good win should do the confidence the world of good :)

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 12:00:27 AM »
A stunning win and performance.

Went back to the passing game we can play and payed dividends. Passed them off the park tonight particularly first 25-30 mins. They then had a 10-15 minute spell where they created several chances but fortunately for us didn't put away. We then scored a second just before half time.

Second half was one way traffic and a bit like a training session, keeper tipped a Church header onto the bar and a Pearson header onto the post. Yates also had a volley that shaved the outside of the post.

All 11 played well but MOTM for me was Yates, ripped em to bits down the wing, Boyes also looked like the player we all suspected he might be. Play like that every game and the play-offs are a formality so lets hope the lads can keep it up.

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 12:29:18 AM »
If we ever needed to get a win it was tonight and we delivered in style at the Northolme. From the moment Adam Boyes slammed the ball in the net in the sixth minute it looked like it was going to be the Pilgrims night. Not one player let the shirt down tonight and was exactly the response that the managers had requested after such a disappointing display against Worcester. Danny Sleath added a lovely second when he cleverly used his body to shield the ball and swivel on a five pence to fire in the bottom corner of the net with his trusty left peg. Two nil up at half was good, but the second half started and it didn't seem long before Pearson and Church headed against the frame, finally on 70 ,Boyes had the time and space to roll the ball onto his favoured foot before pulling the trigger. 3-0, the final score but in all honesty it could have been more. Where Gainsborough go from here I don't know but if Brian Little is honest with himself he know's its just not happening. Peter Swann should be getting better from such a financial outlay. For us the players and management deserve a big pat on the back for a job well done, after the doom and gloom of Saturday's result we bounced  back into second place and a sign to the rest of the league that we certainly intend to be in the shake up come the end of the season. Hard to single out any player but Church was his usual committed, involved self and Boyes made  Brian Clough's adage "The hardest thing in football is scoring a goal", look easy. Jamie Yates though had  a stunning game. What a night and performance !

Seenbetter

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 12:40:54 AM »
I would first of all like to thank Mr. Little for "giving" us our three goals. I would also like to thank him for "giving" us 2 "meaningful attempts on goal in the first half, one early in the half and another at the end o.f the half, both resulting in goals. He must also be thanked for "giving" us just one meaningful attempt on goal in the second half which also resulted in a goal. So he thinks we only had 3 meaningful attempts on goal in the whole game. I suppose 3 meaningful attempts and scoring 3 goals is better than have 10 meaningless attempts and scoring zilch.
I thought I heared on Radio Lincoln that G'boro have won just 1 point in six games. I bet he thinks the better team lost, again. Well for his information they gave us nothing. Boston outplayed and out thought
G'boro. What a great performance. A good passing game. I think leaving DD on the bench took temptation away from our players to lob it up to him. Please leave him on the bench on Saturday to see if it can work again. The ref allowed our players to be pushed in the backfor nearly all the first half but was desperate to give G'boro as many free kicks as possible for nothing challenges - PLONKER.
Roll on Saturday and I hope we have a ref who knows a foul when it happens  
Ps Man of the match for me was Jamie Yates  

cookie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2011, 08:22:04 AM »
Fantastic result, well done lads. Also great support. Roll on Saturday, should be a cracking game!

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2011, 08:42:10 AM »
Well done lads. That has cheered me up no end. 

Bring on The Telford!!!!!!!!!!!

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2011, 11:06:49 AM »
Agree, Althou hard to choose MOM, As sleath and yates was both at there best last night. But i dont think praise should stop there as i thought pearson and jelly had a verry good game to and canners had one of his better games this season. Added the fact that the middles was hungry and looked for space everytime the defence had the ball and once they received it the front 2 had already started to look for that space so i think MOM should be collective.

Must add as well that dispite any gripes that people have with trinity there playing survice was top notch and added to a good passing game. Only thing i did pick up on was when leaving little said he gave us 3 goals from what was only 3 attacks, I must have been dreaming when we hit the post and the bar then. not to mention yates volly that just missed.

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2011, 09:59:46 PM »
A pitch we can play on, two nil up at half time?
you certainly hit the nail on the head with that one lcb cant help thinking that if it aint a good playing surface we dont cut it
"till saturday comes"