Author Topic: 1 2 or 3 should go?  (Read 16512 times)

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: 1 2 or 3 should go?
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2012, 05:40:55 PM »

I think it was Balderton near Newark where they used to train,cannot remember which manager was in charge in those days, I should think that Balderton training facilities are  more expensive than Cranwell.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2012, 07:01:16 PM »
Not far from the Sugar Beet factory?

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2012, 10:53:31 PM »
The Grove School, Balderton. Cheap as chips.  :)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2012, 11:12:02 PM »
all should go.

i still think there are lots of players we have seen this year that are better than what we have got so far, and they will cost significantly less in wages than our existing players.

the existing managers do not seem capable of identifying and getting this sort of player to come and play for the team.

lets see what happens in 3 or 4 games time if the results stay this bad.
I don't agree we have seen lots of oppo players better than what we have, for me ability wise we have much better players than any opponent we've played so far. What we have seen is players that have grafted harder, Rob Scott used to say (on a fairly regular basis) that at this level (and when we where 1 below) that players need to earn the right to play. Personally I think that is where we have been lacking, we haven't competed enough physically to earn the right to play our football. There were signs yesterday that the players have finally realised that they don't just need to out-pass a team but need to out-battle them as well.

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2012, 11:18:52 PM »
all should go.

i still think there are lots of players we have seen this year that are better than what we have got so far, and they will cost significantly less in wages than our existing players.

the existing managers do not seem capable of identifying and getting this sort of player to come and play for the team.

lets see what happens in 3 or 4 games time if the results stay this bad.
I don't agree we have seen lots of oppo players better than what we have, for me ability wise we have much better players than any opponent we've played so far. What we have seen is players that have grafted harder, Rob Scott used to say (on a fairly regular basis) that at this level (and when we where 1 below) that players need to earn the right to play. Personally I think that is where we have been lacking, we haven't competed enough physically to earn the right to play our football. There were signs yesterday that the players have finally realised that they don't just need to out-pass a team but need to out-battle them as well.

I remember Kettering kicking lumps out of us for 45 minutes then tearing us apart with football in the second half! Not the only side to do that to us under TT

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2012, 06:37:00 PM »
Should JL,GH and IF been sacked or just the JL?
Personally I would have a mass clear out !

And you would have taken great pride in your astute judgement if this "mass clear-out" had happened before the Colwyn Bay game, presumably lauding the new incumbents as a "breath of fresh air" and "just what was needed".  Now we have had two good wins I would be interested to hear if you still have nothing good to say about the management.

United we stand..................

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2012, 09:50:53 PM »
Look at their record! Can't argue with me on that one?

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2012, 10:05:53 PM »
Look at their record! Can't argue with me on that one?

::) What a joker.
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2012, 10:19:01 PM »