Author Topic: Todays game v Aston Villa.  (Read 3066 times)

Tony A

• View Profile
Todays game v Aston Villa.
« on: July 19, 2014, 05:57:15 PM »
Very entertaining game in the first half. Thought the goalkeeper Matt Gledhill had a very good game, very quick and decisive with excellent distribution. Would make a good number 1 with Vince as support. We are really lacking a strike force up front. Number 8 in midfield had another decent game today. Second half was very poor up front, again using Charley Sanders, who just isn't up to first team level. Lets hope Dennis can see what we see up in the stands. All in all it is a trial period and maybe we shall see a better team on Monday as we get nearer the start of the season. Someone soon needs to be finding the net.
Don't forget it's now 7-30pm kick off on Monday v Forest.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Todays game v Aston Villa.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 05:59:02 PM »
Half hr in a friendly doesn't prove much but based on his performances last season Hall would be a great signing.
Also 25 players in the squad today , is this a record!?!?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 06:18:20 PM by Carl Newell »

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 11:30:47 PM »
Number 8 was Danny Meadows, who has some height as well as abilitly to tackle, link play and has some good passes in him. I would like to see him sign personally as he is what we missed in the middle of the park last season when so many times we were out muscled.

I can see what people are saying about lacking goals, but its still over the three games three scored, two conceded. Pre season games are always cagey affairs, the true test comes when the season starts and only then will i start judging.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 09:57:17 AM »
Thought No 4 Hollingsworth? Got better during the game

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 10:21:49 AM »
It was only a friendly but on yesterdays showing our midfield looks better if you look around and wonder if we even need Jake Hall who was a standout player last year in his short spell.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 11:10:55 AM »
Thought No 4 Hollingsworth? Got better during the game
Him and Meadows worked well together - you can tell, because at no time did they both go for the same ball, or get in each other's way. They must have played together at Forest, a few times?

BradHealy24

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2014, 11:30:47 AM »
I thought the keeper Gledhill looked very good, came of his line to smother at there strikers feet on a few occasions and made a good save in the first half,was vocal and looked decent, Defence looked good, Hope Mills is not out too long, for me reynolds in for galinski if garner is going to play up front. felix is going to be hit and miss but you can tell he is going to rip some teams apart, thought Meadows looked excellent and a midfield of him and Hall would be great.  agree we need another striker, i dont mind garner up front if it means sanders stays away from the squad, still think southwell and a n other would be better but dont forget Newsham will be back soon

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 04:09:56 PM »
Didn't go Saturday, will be there tonight though, and one of the most interesting aspects to me is the appearance and performance of the keeper. Would be fascinated to hear young Vinces thoughts on his arrival especially as the papers had previously confirmed he was going to be number one!

Great to see Hall back, but as last year proved it's a long journey for him, maybe too long?