Author Topic: Stokes released  (Read 17972 times)

bluenose

• View Profile
Re: Stokes released
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2013, 04:02:49 PM »
Burton Pilgrim---- We were just getting a decent run together when SWD and Fairclough were suspended, we didn't cope well without them and our season has never really recovered from that.

In fact the next 3 games after their suspension Boston won 3 on the trot with Stokes Starting in all 3 fact, the the next and only time Boston won 3 on the bounce , guess what Stokes starts in all 3 of those games.

Boston is not and has not been a team to favour winger, for most of the season it was long ball!! players like Stokes and Smith need the ball to feet and to run on to, Boston style was always against that style of play.

Lets see how much decent football is played between now and the end of the season.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2013, 05:09:24 PM »
I am in no way connected to the management team. I'm just giving my opinion and I have good knowledge of non league football. Very suprised stokes and smith gone without others in for tonight.

...ah, might be the case but you obviously forgot to add though " but I am sure Graham has matters all in hand and we must support whatever him even if he brings back froggat to lead the attack as he is our saviour!  ;)

bluenose

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2013, 09:26:51 PM »
I see the descent football is paying off BIG HUFFFFFFFFF

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2013, 05:56:44 PM »
Stokes has joined AFC Telford United.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2013, 06:19:24 PM »

Lol bet he's gutted we got rid of him now  :dan

bluenose

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2013, 06:34:30 PM »
All the best Stokesy, lets hope they want to play passing football  ;D

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2013, 06:39:08 PM »
All the best Stokesy, lets hope they want to play passing football  ;D

Good job he didnt end up a your place then  ;D

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2013, 07:00:07 PM »
Big M bluenose is Stokes' relation not a trinity fan, check all his posts and see he only ever comments positively on Stokes and has never commented on any other player. I personally think he'll be found out at that level and won't last long at Telford, but time will tell. Obviously Graham Hyde going there has swung him the deal.

Meant to say though good luck to Jason there hope he does make a go of it.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 07:13:03 PM by woad_pilgrim »

AlbertBroadbent

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2013, 07:13:32 PM »
I'm guessing Graham Hyde rated him highly then.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2013, 07:50:09 PM »
I'm guessing Graham Hyde rated him highly then.

As did a lot of the Boston support, didn't see it myself.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

bluenose

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2013, 08:12:55 PM »
lol. Lets hope Boston can get a playoff place and go up, and if Jason does make it at Telford it would be great for him to come back and haunt you  ;D
To be fair to GD he went out of his way to contact a few clubs and put a good word in, in fact Stokesy had too many too choose from (Thanks Graham)

Boston Fans are by far the best in the league and you deserve to be up in the Premier, lets hope its not too long.
Always enjoyed my days watching and supporting the Pilgrims only missing the one game.

All the best to Boston Supporters,Players and officials, hope to be back in the sports lounge soon.

Regards ???????? Carl > Jason's Dad   ;)

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2013, 09:11:44 AM »
Big M bluenose is Stokes' relation not a trinity fan, check all his posts and see he only ever comments positively on Stokes and has never commented on any other player. I personally think he'll be found out at that level and won't last long at Telford, but time will tell. Obviously Graham Hyde going there has swung him the deal.

Meant to say though good luck to Jason there hope he does make a go of it.

Oh lol don't must have been getting him mixed up with feelingblue

travelling man

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2013, 01:01:29 PM »
Despite all the fors and againsts for the Dreary Man, when are we going to see the uplift that most teams get when a new manager arrives?

And before you all start. yes I did waste 410 miles last week to watch that tacticless game. {if that is a real word}

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2013, 11:14:46 AM »

According to the list of transfers on the Evostik website, Jason Stokes has moved from Grantham Town to North Ferriby United. Is this the same Jason Stokes?

As far as I knew he'd signed for Telford and it was Kallum Smith who'd exited for Grantham at the same time. To my knowledge Stokes was never a Grantham player. But it seems unlikely that there'll be two players of the same name and in the same area of the country, and North Ferriby is probably local to where he is living ... if it is the same player?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2013, 02:12:35 PM »
Anyone know where stokes went as is see he ended his small time at Telford due to not playing and not been offered a deal