Author Topic: Stokes released  (Read 17969 times)

Tony A

• View Profile
Stokes released
« on: January 07, 2013, 08:32:21 PM »
Can't understand why Jason Stokes has gone. He was a good solid player and squad man. A replacement needs to be really good to make up for him being moved on.

bluenose

• View Profile
Re: Stokes released
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 08:39:18 PM »
Offers Have already come in for him, 1/2 hour after.   
 I think GD only wants Soldiers so forget any fair or Artists!!! >:(

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 09:07:56 PM »
Smith gone out on loan too  :o
Must be making room for big changes  :dan

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 09:08:31 PM »
Difficult decisions are gonna have to be made to make room for new signings to try kick us on to the next level and out of mid table mediocrity. We must get behind the decisions and stick together.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 09:12:29 PM »
Difficult decisions are gonna have to be made to make room for new signings to try kick us on to the next level and out of mid table mediocrity. We must get behind the decisions and stick together.

Yes we must........ ::)

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 09:26:44 PM »
Jason has just messaged me and asked me to pass the following message on to all the Boston fans: "Thanks for all your support been a pleasure!"

I'm a bit gutted by that myself - thought Jason was one of the best members of the current squad. Always put in a half decent performance when I've seen him play this season. A good solid player with that extra bit of talent for getting past opponents and putting in a good pass.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 09:36:28 PM »

I know you have suggested otherwise,and i totally accept it, but you do sound like GD's spin doctor ;D

that said i do agree with youe sentiments

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 09:40:18 PM »
Jason has just messaged me and asked me to pass the following message on to all the Boston fans: "Thanks for all your support been a pleasure!"

I'm a bit gutted by that myself - thought Jason was one of the best members of the current squad. Always put in a half decent performance when I've seen him play this season. A good solid player with that extra bit of talent for getting past opponents and putting in a good pass.

After having spent a season watching Chris 'fcuk all' Hall chasing shadows and offering nothing, JS was the perfect antidote with his 100% approach........one of the 'soldiers' in my book, I'm sorry to see him go. I hope he gets a good club quickly.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 09:44:25 PM »
I can not help people thoughts. I'm being honest and just giving my views as a big Boston fan. There is gonna be decisions we don't like but i remember hurst and Scott making a few difficult decisions the summer they took over and look at what they did for this football club. We must trust GD decisions.

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 09:47:25 PM »
Jase gave his all and worked hard when on the field.

Not sure about GD and his decisions, however, starting to feel happier about severing my connections with the club.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 09:51:51 PM »
On Saturday we had three wingers that were unused subs - smith, stokes and fairclough.

I like stokes as a player and wish him well for the future but we clearly had too many wingers in the squad and someone had too go to bring in players in other positions.

BosLeake

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2013, 10:03:20 PM »
Did not look a bad player at all but GD never gave him much of a chance, the axe will be in full swing soon.

milo1972

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2013, 10:13:51 PM »
Please support the manager in what he is doing. Lets believe in him and his management team. I do.

Onwards and Upwards.

UTP

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2013, 10:20:51 PM »
Good Luck to Jason Stokes and Smith if he has gone too (on loan.)  Personally I can understand the Stokes one more as he struggled to change a game when included, feel sorry for both as they were what we all asked for, kids giving 100% for the shirt.

:-X Prove me wrong.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

BUFC T.I.D

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2013, 10:22:12 PM »
In my opinion, Stokes was a very good player, wasn't afraid to take people on and made a huge difference to the team out wide when he was on, why drury has let him go i will never know  :-\ if i'm honest, this decision is ridiculous, whats the betting most of the current squad get told to go elsewhere by drury to free up space for crappy stamford/corby players?