Author Topic: Harrogate away  (Read 14549 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Harrogate away
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2016, 08:59:54 PM »
GHM - it's so much the players we have - it's those we don't have.

TEP

For example ?

Messi and Ronaldo.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2016, 10:47:52 PM »
GHM - bit short sighted if he was pinning all his hopes on Brown being fit all season. In any case, he's been injured for over a month now - and Clarke even longer. Plenty more players have come in since then - and none to fit the bill in the aforementioned post.

TEP

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2016, 09:31:26 AM »
GHM - bit short sighted if he was pinning all his hopes on Brown being fit all season. In any case, he's been injured for over a month now - and Clarke even longer. Plenty more players have come in since then - and none to fit the bill in the aforementioned post.

TEP
If we sign extra players to cover certain positions that leaves you short or thin in coverage in other areas .   Greene must get a more reliable crystal ball .
Then again probably lack of availability (and/or budget) has restricted him .

Again hindsight is easy ,   how many warned Greene before kick-off last season to sign an extra right back.? Remember Mills .?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 09:37:49 AM by green hats mate »

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2016, 02:54:40 PM »
GHM ..you must be Dens dad  :angel:
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 04:59:59 PM by father Ted »

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2016, 03:06:30 PM »
GHM ..you must be Dens dad ..or closer ..
He isn't.....

Amber Man

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2016, 03:35:25 PM »
After couple of days of reflection having been to both games, I wasn't expecting much from the trip to Harrogate anyway. Dibble couldn't catch a cold every time the ball came into our box he either flapped, missed or dropped the ball. The defence is shaky and until we get Brown back it will remain this way as Price is definitely not the answer. I think a pairing of Roberts and Pepe Ngoma will provide a solid base in midfield and why Den took Roberts our best player for Colley was beyond me. As for Chippendale he looks way out of his depth and no wonder he was let go by BPA runs round like a headless chicken to no avail and his final ball is dreadful.. After watching Fairhurst in pre season he looked over weight and lazy but since the start of the season you can really tell the class and ability he has and looks a level above everyone else and once he regains his fitness he should be a great signing for the club. But as mentioned our wide play does look very promising and maybe with Smith up top and Fairhurst behind him it could make for a good forward pairing.

Anyway, cant wait for the trip to Darlo on Saturday to cheer on the boys!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2016, 04:04:57 PM »

Please explain this statement father Ted .

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2016, 04:24:05 PM »

Or Grandad ;)
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2016, 04:44:04 PM »

Or Grandad ;)

Not a kind comment to make about your younger sibling Dip.   ;)

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2016, 04:56:19 PM »
 GHM Its not in me to unswervingly support anyone..which you appear to do re the present Manager.
      I'm sure even title winning League managers have some stick during the season on their forums .

« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 04:58:10 PM by father Ted »

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2016, 07:33:51 PM »
Is it such a bad thing to be positive?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2016, 09:31:16 PM »
GHM Its not in me to unswervingly support anyone..which you appear to do re the present Manager.
      I'm sure even title winning League managers have some stick during the season on their forums .

Ted if you read through various threads over time you will see I do make negative  observations of Greene and the team . But overall my postings are positive ,  I like to think I have the balance about right and if you scrutinise  Greene,s record in his time here,  his quality signing,s and league placing,s fully justify praise .  Unless you can name a ex-manager with a better record .? 

IF you go back over the past couple of years Ted you will find postings directed at Greene which many considered vile .
Credit to Greene he responded in dignified silence when others would have taken a far more robust route .

Thankfully no posts of that nature have appeared recently ,  maybe given up predicting Greene,s downfall
after having to eat large portions of humble pie .

Don,t be shy of giving a positive post in future Ted , the moaners won,t hurt ,   many are very nice people . :)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 09:34:34 PM by green hats mate »

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2016, 09:53:22 PM »
 I would still like to see  1 or 2 player/coaches bought in to play , and get the best of whats there  .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2016, 05:22:22 PM »
I would still like to see  1 or 2 player/coaches bought in to play , and get the best of whats there  .

Could be an idea worth considering Ted .    Just been to my barbers the same one as Den uses ,  have asked him to pass the idea to Den .     Says he will but thinks his next appointment is not until December .

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2016, 04:52:46 PM »
Sounds about right GHM .. :'(