Author Topic: hope its not true.....King  (Read 14688 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: hope its not true.....King
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2013, 11:45:13 AM »
By my calculations he must have lasted five days at Brigg. He's now signed for Grantham.

He came on as substitute and scored yesterday. Hopefully that's his goals dried up for a while, we play Grantham on Tuesday!

Good win for you on Saturday FT ,  looking at a good season ?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2013, 01:41:55 PM »
By my calculations he must have lasted five days at Brigg. He's now signed for Grantham.

He came on as substitute and scored yesterday. Hopefully that's his goals dried up for a while, we play Grantham on Tuesday!
[/quote
he should be knackered FT! My mate apparently spotted him(boots) at the Spilsby five a side tournament yesterday!
Can GTFC afford to pay £400 a week?

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2013, 04:06:01 PM »

Good win for you on Saturday FT ,  looking at a good season ?

Very good win. To be fair FCUM had lots more of the ball, but in the main we restricted them to long range efforts especially in the first half. We battled hard, lots of team spirit and took our chances.

Difficult to say what sort of season we shall have. We have a new very young squad, the oldest player in the squad is aged only 26 (Leon Mettam), then it's Shane Clarke (25). On Saturday we finished the game with an 18 year old and three 19 year olds on the pitch, a couple of the others were only 21.

As it is a very young squad I expect consistency may be an issue. However, if they get on a winning run they could surprise a few people. The win on Saturday will have given them a lot of confidence which I hope they can build on.

If this squad sticks together I would say it could be a title challenging side in 2 or 3 season's time once it has matured.