Author Topic: next five league games  (Read 14668 times)

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
next five league games
« on: September 05, 2012, 10:48:08 AM »
interesting recent posts and good comments from lots of people.

However -- it seems after 6 games our season is fast approching over unless David Newton actually admits he got it wrong to give Jason another season in charge. I have nothing against Jason-- he was a cracking player, but he just does not seem to be manager material.

Look at our next 5 league games

away at Colwyn Bay, Bradford PA, and FC Halifax
home against Chester and Gainsboro

with games against Worcester, Stalybridge, and Guiseley following shortly.

In our present form cant see many points coming from that lot.

The chairman is very astute and can see that gates will quickly fall. He must act and clear out all the management team asap, because this can quickly become a scrap at the bottom of the league.

How about a player manager-- and before GHM says who- thats not my problem its down to the chairman. I cannot believe there is no one out there that would love the chance to start their managerial career at a club like Boston Utd.

BUT HE MUST ACT NOW

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 11:15:43 AM »
Think DN Would act if gates went below say 875 . . But no use waiting for Chester home say . Punters need a new impetus .

nh83

• View Profile
Re: next five league games
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 11:44:34 AM »
What I can't get my head around is tne Lee Cannoville situation in the summer.Did Jason want him to be with him.If this was the case surely this was his decision not David Newton or the Boards.Lee's contract was not renewed so not only has Jason lost his right hand man ,he lost a very good player who no doubt would be in the team at the moment either at centre half or right back.Now we have to pay for a replacement player and also a non playing assistant.The defence is sorely missing the experience Canners would have given it.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 03:53:49 PM by nh83 »

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 11:47:19 AM »
With the Malkinsons s****ing the club with the extortionate rent the club can't afford to employ anyone better than JL or bring in any better players.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 02:11:55 PM »
Ken don't need to look very hard to find anybody better than JL! What's the point of having 2/3 managers on the bench?This season and last season proves its not worth the money.Fitness coach must go because last season I noticed even he was giving orders from the side! The players might aswell listen the the happy clappers orders than the FC! I would sack Lee and put Hyde in charge.If Hyde not happy he could resign and not cost the club anything.If Hyde stays bring Nuttell in and he we sort them out in the changing room!!!

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 02:48:59 PM »
U could clear JL-GH-IF -Miller & another liteweight . . bring in a central def P/M , wide def ,& a strong utility MF . .and still have a credit of 2 wages .

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 03:04:33 PM »
interesting recent posts and good comments from lots of people.

However -- it seems after 6 games our season is fast approching over unless David Newton actually admits he got it wrong to give Jason another season in charge. I have nothing against Jason-- he was a cracking player, but he just does not seem to be manager material.

Look at our next 5 league games

away at Colwyn Bay, Bradford PA, and FC Halifax
home against Chester and Gainsboro

with games against Worcester, Stalybridge, and Guiseley following shortly.

In our present form cant see many points coming from that lot.

The chairman is very astute and can see that gates will quickly fall. He must act and clear out all the management team asap, because this can quickly become a scrap at the bottom of the league.

How about a player manager-- and before GHM says who- thats not my problem its down to the chairman. I cannot believe there is no one out there that would love the chance to start their managerial career at a club like Boston Utd.

BUT HE MUST ACT NOW

Someone like erm!!! I know Jason Lee.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 03:19:22 PM »
So is the fitness coach shagging your missus kingofnaves?!  :o

I can't think of any other reason why you've got it in for him so badly.  ;D

I believe one of the major tenets of Total Football is to maximise athletic capacity with 100% fitness. Every manouvre makes the most effective use of pitch-space and player energy. Just the sort of thing a fitness coach can give instructions on during a game.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 03:31:42 PM »
Is this a new Ken Fox ?

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 03:36:26 PM »
So is the fitness coach shagging your missus kingofnaves?!  :o

I can't think of any other reason why you've got it in for him so badly.  ;D

I believe one of the major tenets of Total Football is to maximise athletic capacity with 100% fitness. Every manouvre makes the most effective use of pitch-space and player energy. Just the sort of thing a fitness coach can give instructions on during a game.

Someone must have hacked Ken's account.  And it is not SP!

Failing that, I think Ken's knighthood should be rescinded forthwith.  :bunny
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 03:55:30 PM »
Good post S P

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2012, 04:48:41 PM »
Hope your "keep the Woodhall banks open "  march  went well today dt woodhall ,

Interesting post which I will do my best to address .

"Jason a cracking player"  Hope that is not a thinly vailed reference to Jasons elbows!!!!

Next five games need a return of 10 points or Dave should be cracking the whip .

"Chairman very astute "  in that case JL was the best qualified application for the job other-wise astute Dave would have not given him the job .

Look at Kens first post on here , how many times do people need reminding ?

Player-manager ?  come on Dave have you been away for the last 40years ?
Name all the successful player-managers at any level over the fast 40 years .

As tash implies in his post the man to fit your criteria is already in the job .

Don,t panic about relegation dt ,  in most the lower leagues it will be more difficult to get demoted than promoted .    Will not be surprised if at least one BSN team fails to fulfill all its fixtures this season , also expect 1or 2 teams before end of season to express wish to move down at least one-step .
Apart from Chester(and maybe Halifax) I don,t think any other team will have a desire to compete at BSP level .    Not a cue for a call of "settling for mediocrity" more a call of most clubs the face financial reality in troubled times .

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2012, 05:47:19 PM »
looks like Ken has had a bad day at the office!
"I believe one of the major tenets of Total Football is to maximise athletic capacity with 100% fitness. Every manouvre makes the most effective use of pitch-space and player energy. Just the sort of thing a fitness coach can give instructions on during a game." IF THATS THE CASE HIS NOT DOING A VERY GOOD JOB!
how much is he costing the club?dont answer the usual crap....nothing!
get rid of two of the three and the Malkinson rent wont hurt so much!
we are little non league like team no better than Grantham Town with too many non playing staff....

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2012, 05:58:56 PM »
N
looks like Ken has had a bad day at the office!
"I believe one of the major tenets of Total Football is to maximise athletic capacity with 100% fitness. Every manouvre makes the most effective use of pitch-space and player energy. Just the sort of thing a fitness coach can give instructions on during a game." IF THATS THE CASE HIS NOT DOING A VERY GOOD JOB!
how much is he costing the club?dont answer the usual crap....nothing!
get rid of two of the three and the Malkinson rent wont hurt so much!
we are little non league like team no better than Grantham Town with too many non playing staff....

The fitness coach is NOT paid so off hand aren't the only paid non-playing staff Jason Lee, Graham Hyde, Craig Singelton, possibly Steve Welsh is on a token payment and the Blackwells?

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2012, 09:55:35 AM »
GHM --

If this set up stays in place we are more likely to be in the bottom ten rather than the top 10. Boston should be in the top 5 of this very average league.

Player managers like Jim Smith and Howard Wilkinson did not do a bad job if I remember correctly.

I know the rent is high, but I see loads of players in other teams who must be getting lower wages than we pay, that look much better than some of ours, and even those we have got would be much better if they were managed better.

Do you relly think we will get 10 points from the next 5 games???

I dont.