Author Topic: WE ARE GOING UP!  (Read 2670 times)

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
WE ARE GOING UP!
« on: February 25, 2012, 07:41:30 PM »
The above says it all.

townender3385

• View Profile
Re: WE ARE GOING UP!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 09:31:13 PM »
Don't get carried away...

we have 36 points up for grabs, 29 points from those games would have got us in the play-offs last season. The league is weaker this year so i think 25 points would do it

We have played much better the past 5 games, but all season we haven't strung together more than 2 wins. If we win next week and the week after with convincing results (clean sheets) we could be in for an exciting end to the season.

But i'll believe it when i see it

None the less a great performance today! UTP!

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 10:12:37 PM »
Echo the above. Whilst we are playing much better now we will still (in my opinion) need another 28 points minimum. Nine wins and a draw from twelve isn't impossible but the odds aren't in our favour. Hopefully we can start to sign up the likes of SWD, Milnes, Ross, Sleath, Jellyman, Ward, Newsham, Semple etc for next season as soon as possible.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 11:33:49 PM »
8 points off fifth with 12 games to play, not impossible, but it would need us to do what Eastwood did last season. Saying that we do play a lot of the top eight so if we do take points off them we may be in with a late shout.

Thing is though if we had this squad at the start of the season then we probably would be up there now, the Lee's are learning all the time though so it bodes well for next season at least, providing we keep the core of this squad together.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 09:07:54 AM »
Echo the above. Whilst we are playing much better now we will still (in my opinion) need another 28 points minimum. Nine wins and a draw from twelve isn't impossible but the odds aren't in our favour. Hopefully we can start to sign up the likes of SWD, Milnes, Ross, Sleath, Jellyman, Ward, Newsham, Semple etc for next season as soon as possible.

Agree with that. The change of fortune is down to a few key changes:

1) The signing of Connor Marshall, SWD and Ross. With Jordan Fairclough and Jason Lee making way for the first 2 (they where 2 of the weak links in the team) and Ross filling a spot where a number of players had been (unsuccessfully) tried.

2) The emergence of Ben Fairclough just when we need him (with Semple's injury)

3) JL now managing the side only

4) The most important, the change in formation and style to 4-3-3 and not playing long ball to J Lee. Our midfielders are not the ball winners that are needed to pick up the pieces when a good percentage of the long balls are lost. We are now playing to their strengths of playing through the midfield and opening teams up, this is aided by some clever play up front from Newsham and SWD and some pace from Ben Fairclough (although SWD looks quicker than I remember).

All we can do is keep winning and taking each game at a time and see where it takes us.