Author Topic: Sands  (Read 9495 times)

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Sands
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2016, 02:09:49 PM »
Gone to King's Lynn on loan. Good move in my opinion.

TEP

Yet he has a better goals per game than Jonah....???????

Overall or just this season? I'd rather have Jonah in my team.

As the discussion was this season, so was my analogy. Sure, in the past Jonah has a much better ratio, but his strike rate has dropped alarmingly this season. Based on goals per game this season, Pidge should be up top with Dayle! This surely shows the struggle for the second forward. IMO Sands gave more all round benefits than Jonah. Clearly DG sees it differently. For me the re-signing of Conor Robinson on the same day Harrogate bag Liam Hearn shows the gulf between the two sides in both ambition and funds. One team aiming to charge for the top, and another clinging desperately to the hope of 5th.

Clearly Den see's it different ? Or Den, and the majority of fans see it different more likely ! Jonah is a far better all round player than Sands, but i can't knock either's work rate.  As for Hearn, and the alleged lack of ambition by the club of which you are obviously insinuating,  may i suggest you have a word with the board and become an investor.

No thanks. I'm not the corporate type, I'll leave that to those who are gifted in that dept. In terms of investing, I've been to approx 800 home games since the 72/3 season, been to the glory days at Wembley, Hayes, and driven to god knows how many away matches from  Canal Street Runcorn to Rockingham Road Kettering. I've seen us beat Durham 10-0 and lose 6-0 at home to Runcorn on a cold January night. I've seen Jim Kabia score his 100th goal, and cringed as Jim Dick wore the captain's armband. That's an investment.

I,ve supported Boston since since 1945/46 season ,  and been to nearing 2000 games at YS , I recall the glory days of White Hart Lane , Baseball Ground (first time round ) .   Now I am sure the club are grateful of our support over the years but to put it in prospective if you and I had not attended these matches the club would still be in exactly the same place as it is today.   

It is due to Chestnut Homes investment that the  club did not fold , they were the only one,s with enough ambition to back the club .

Harrogate "charging up the league "  :dan Many Yorkshire people laughing at that statement!
Simon Weavers dad has been pumping money into the club for 5 years to achieve this "charge"  . Suggest their budget is far larger than Bostons

Liam Hearn !!!!!!!!    No football managers in Lincolnshire (and many outside) would touch him with a bargepole.  Most fans feel the same way .

Does Greene,s judgement on strikers stand up .
Ask those Con Prem managers eyeing up Ricky Miller and Dayle Southwell .

You talk a lot of sense GHM,  it seems that with some fans they think that because they have supported this club 40+ years that the club owes them something and that there will always be something to moan about regardless of whom is in charge, where we are in the leagues or what players we should or should not have.   I'll stick to the Happy Clapping and cringe when i read such moans  :bunny :bunny :bunny

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2016, 07:44:04 PM »
Gone to King's Lynn on loan. Good move in my opinion.

TEP

Yet he has a better goals per game than Jonah....???????

Overall or just this season? I'd rather have Jonah in my team.

As the discussion was this season, so was my analogy. Sure, in the past Jonah has a much better ratio, but his strike rate has dropped alarmingly this season. Based on goals per game this season, Pidge should be up top with Dayle! This surely shows the struggle for the second forward. IMO Sands gave more all round benefits than Jonah. Clearly DG sees it differently. For me the re-signing of Conor Robinson on the same day Harrogate bag Liam Hearn shows the gulf between the two sides in both ambition and funds. One team aiming to charge for the top, and another clinging desperately to the hope of 5th.

Clearly Den see's it different ? Or Den, and the majority of fans see it different more likely ! Jonah is a far better all round player than Sands, but i can't knock either's work rate.  As for Hearn, and the alleged lack of ambition by the club of which you are obviously insinuating,  may i suggest you have a word with the board and become an investor.

No thanks. I'm not the corporate type, I'll leave that to those who are gifted in that dept. In terms of investing, I've been to approx 800 home games since the 72/3 season, been to the glory days at Wembley, Hayes, and driven to god knows how many away matches from  Canal Street Runcorn to Rockingham Road Kettering. I've seen us beat Durham 10-0 and lose 6-0 at home to Runcorn on a cold January night. I've seen Jim Kabia score his 100th goal, and cringed as Jim Dick wore the captain's armband. That's an investment.

I,ve supported Boston since since 1945/46 season ,  and been to nearing 2000 games at YS , I recall the glory days of White Hart Lane , Baseball Ground (first time round ) .   Now I am sure the club are grateful of our support over the years but to put it in prospective if you and I had not attended these matches the club would still be in exactly the same place as it is today.   

It is due to Chestnut Homes investment that the  club did not fold , they were the only one,s with enough ambition to back the club .

Harrogate "charging up the league "  :dan Many Yorkshire people laughing at that statement!
Simon Weavers dad has been pumping money into the club for 5 years to achieve this "charge"  . Suggest their budget is far larger than Bostons

Liam Hearn !!!!!!!!    No football managers in Lincolnshire (and many outside) would touch him with a bargepole.  Most fans feel the same way .

Does Greene,s judgement on strikers stand up .
Ask those Con Prem managers eyeing up Ricky Miller and Dayle Southwell .

You talk a lot of sense GHM,  it seems that with some fans they think that because they have supported this club 40+ years that the club owes them something and that there will always be something to moan about regardless of whom is in charge, where we are in the leagues or what players we should or should not have.   I'll stick to the Happy Clapping and cringe when i read such moans  :bunny :bunny :bunny

Don't feel the club owes me anything. That's a load of cr*p. Good luck happy clapping. 40 years through the turnstiles entitles a supporter to an opinion, whether or not it agrees with yours. I'm happy to be tagged a moaner. You've got your views, clearly differ to mine, doesn't mean either of us is right or wrong, just different. Can't be bothered discussing one sided opinion so often, so like other recent posters (yes, I've read back in time), I shan't be back. It's meant to be a discussion board, but there's not much discussing, only happy clapping, seemingly ramming opinion down moaners throats. Good luck discussing when no-one has a different opinion. It won't be much of a discussion.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2016, 10:16:14 PM »
In my opinion, your opinion is as valid as anyone else's ET ~ I expect this will be challenged,  but that's the thing about opinions, everybody else's stink  :police:

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2016, 11:46:32 AM »
In my opinion, your opinion is as valid as anyone else's ET ~ I expect this will be challenged,  but that's the thing about opinions, everybody else's stink  :police:

I should have been off here long ago ET if I had took the huff every time anyone disagreed with me ,  expressing opinions is the whole point of forums .
I think some of the problem is some supporters  set targets which are almost unachievable by the club , therefore likely to be disappointed more often . As suggested on another thread earlier this week by " Father Ted" location is a factor that hampers the club .

Safer to stick to facts and figures so no one can disagree (unless your like me and get them wrong sometimes  :)

Footballs a great game where the happy and unhappy should be able to  intergrate .

UTP

hozzer

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2016, 12:55:59 PM »
can't even agree with myself over the last week whether we will make the playoffs or not.

Trouble is most of us on here really care about BUFC and get emotional, once emotions are involved things can be said that come across wrong and people can take things the wrong way.

One thing we can all agree on, we want 3 points tomorrow!
against league 3, an idiots guide to making the rich richer and the poor poorer.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2016, 05:55:34 PM »
hey ho let the youth team play,they will get 3 points for sure :dan