Author Topic: Boston v City  (Read 16590 times)

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Boston v City
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2016, 11:51:23 PM »
at least he didn't do a Joe Hart...

:-\ A keeper's mistake often leads to a goal - Emery made 2 that lead directly to clear cut chances (both scored).

So did Henrich at first,give him a chance

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2016, 01:07:38 PM »
Well said Neil. Michael is a good local lad who has done the rounds at step 2 level and below. I know him personally and he will be an asset to the business as a goalkeeper and coach.  :bunny
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

poshpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2016, 01:39:39 PM »
Does he still drink and drive Burgh Boy?

flynny69

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2016, 05:28:31 PM »

Pathetic comment to make. Adds nothing to the discussion about a performance - even though pre-season is far too early to be making sound judgements on the ability of any player.

The lack of intelligence, moral compass or patience on this forum is incredulous at times.

artie

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2016, 08:11:52 PM »
Quite agree a ridiculous thing say.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2016, 11:45:38 PM »
Way out of order for that comment.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2016, 08:54:06 AM »
Way out of order for that comment.

More out of order than drinking and driving (twice)?

poshpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2016, 09:46:43 AM »
Would appear so P86. And someone on here has the audacity to question my moral compass. I suppose it would be ok if he was drunk behind the wheel and killed someone then.

artie

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2016, 11:21:32 AM »
I don't agree with drink driving at all just as I don't think bringing up a players
conviction should be aired on here either.

flynny69

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2016, 11:30:18 AM »
Try reading my comment again - I called your comment pathetic, which it is. I didn't question your moral compass particularly. Though if you don't want your opinion challenged, perhaps air it within the four walls around yourself - rather than a public forum.

What I do question is why you've brought it up in the first place, especially as I've said on a post about the performance of the team. It is completely irrelevant to the topic being discussed.

I'd also imagine that every single individual who chooses to post on this forum has made mistakes in their life, perhaps also broken the law in some way, and never been caught. Or perhaps have been caught but because they lack a public profile, have not been vindicated in such a way.

I'll also go out on a limb and say that you have no jurisdiction when it comes to the enforcement of the law, particularly the end that deals with prosecution for criminal offenses, even if you did these things are in the past. Any individual has the right to move on with their life.

Your hypothetical response, which I'm assuming you think justifies your comment, does nothing to change the fact you've taken a cheap dig at somebody you don't know. Which makes me think that perhaps you're better suited to being a tabloid journalist or a politician.

poshpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2016, 11:53:12 AM »
You don't need a degree in law to know that its stupid to drink drive. But then to do it again, their character comes into question......

flynny69

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2016, 12:10:46 PM »
Nobody has questioned the stupidity of the decision to drink and drive, or the decision to break any law for that matter.

The only thing that has been questioned is the decision to make such an irrelevant comment.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2016, 04:46:37 PM »
Mmmmmm and then people wonder why we sometimes struggle to get players,one look on here at stupid comments that have nothing to do with a players ability to play football and they would soon turn us down....

I was manager of a Sunday League team and we had a young lad who was going to court for "allegedly" indecently assaulting his own daughter,he was cleared yet the Chairman wanted me to get rid of the player as it brought a bad name to his pub.... the lad was fast,skillful and had an eye for goal,are we supposed to shun all who have had a misdemeanor is life??

Michael has to live with his conscience every day so why the need to raise the matter here,we are supposed to be discussing the TEAM ON THE PITCH,not a players mistakes off it esp when it has nothing to do with BUFC....

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2016, 04:59:24 PM »
Like you Neil, I am appalled at the postings on here relating to non-footballing matters and the wilful attempt by some posters to paint an inaccurate and negative picture of a relatively young player and coach. Michael deserves a chance with us.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 05:01:57 PM by Burgh Boy »

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2016, 05:10:06 PM »
Haven't we been here before with (a) Rob Wesley, and (b) Ashley Timms? Didn't we re-sign Paul Casey after he'd been released from prison? Trouble is, signing a player with a criminal record will always attract some form of hostile reaction - irrespective of what that player then achieves on the pitch.

I don't think we necessarily need a goalkeeper coach when our assistant manager is an ex-keeper, but I'll agree to disagree with Dennis on that one. As a player, hopefully Emery's dark days are behind him and I wish him well in a Boston shirt. Let's be positive - at least we haven't signed Ched Evans.