Author Topic: Dudfield is back  (Read 16547 times)

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Dudfield is back
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2011, 10:33:22 PM »
Three things for us to ponder ,
1  why did,nt any league club come in for Pearson ?
2    ditto                 Church
3   SWP still has not got fixed up with a non-league club.

Did some of us overrate them. ?
No,we didn't overrate them-particularly at Blue Square North level.Let's remember Church&Pearson have both gone up a level and turned pro.(did it have to be there though)and i am sure SWD will get fixed up-he's plenty good enough for this level.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2011, 09:47:50 AM »
3   SWP still has not got fixed up with a non-league club.

I know he's fallen out of favour at Manchester City, but surely Shaun Wright-Phillips ought to be aiming higher than non-league?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2011, 10:43:30 AM »
SWD delay in getting a new club highlights Boston was right to tell him to get on his bike .
Two games into the season and not still fixed up , either not rated by many clubs or unrealistic wage demands .     Gainsboro are his only hope.

faraway pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2011, 11:17:51 AM »
Early days but Milnes may turn out a more accomplished midfielder than Church .
slightly different players imo, cant see Milnes smashing his way through the likes of Retford etc and let him play 40-odd games before compairing the two. Milnes wont be here long if he turns out to be as consistent as Churchy was over two seasons.
Interestingly the codheads are moaning at Pearsons lack of pace in the pre-season games and both were injured for the opening game v Fleetwood.

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2011, 01:02:48 PM »
Pearson does have no pace but neither does Terry and that doesn't stop him so long as he has someone to mop up, a la Carvalho and thus what Pearson requires hence looking his best next to Murphy.

SWD scored 14 goals in BSN last year which is not a return that would spark higher teams interests and his wage demands would out off most at this level, hence his position (i'd still take him ahead of JJ and Stones though).

am pleased to see Dudfield back after his impact last season and would be a good focal point of the 4-3-3 formation or the target man in a 4-4-2.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2011, 03:33:46 PM »
Great to see Dudfield back and would like to see him play a good number of games, although I suspect he will only act as cover for injuries, such as now.  If Semple is not fit tonight and Wilkinson is injured, I would like to see what Jordon Fairclough could do on the right of a 4 man midfield.  He has speed, can cross a ball and has the energy to get back to defend.
United we stand..................

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2011, 04:18:25 PM »
The best striker at the club!Not surprised to see that JJ and MS out this early!

Bartmac

« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2011, 06:14:44 PM »
Being so stuck for strikers at the moment, why doesn't Jason get his boots on, I'm sure he is still good enough for this league ???

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2011, 10:24:40 PM »
Another good performance from Duds tonight.

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2011, 10:31:09 PM »

I'll second that. Bizzare to sub him after playing so well and with 10 mins to go.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2011, 10:32:47 PM »
Cracking experience tonight from Duds thankfully we have got him on a game to game basis which is ideal aslong as the last game is around next April.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2011, 10:46:58 PM »

I'll second that. Bizzare to sub him after playing so well and with 10 mins to go.
Fitness?

scot

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2011, 10:49:47 PM »
Excellent performance from the boys tonight. Not so sure about the ref again though allowed them to time waste all through the match and only 2min stopage time, he needs a new watch. Soft goal to give away but fought bravely for the draw. I thought it was a fair result in the end.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2011, 10:58:34 PM »
Not overly disappointed tonight.Respoded well after conceeding the early goal.Played some decent stuff and with a bit of luck could have gone in 2 or3-1 up at h/t.Second falf we had plenty of possession but didn't work their keeper enough.Could have done without yet another injury.Still it's 4 points from 6 and we would all have accepted that from the first two games.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2011, 11:05:22 PM »
Good effort from the lads tonight. Think we are still struggling at the back a bit though.