Author Topic: Two more joining?  (Read 1968 times)

Jim Lumleys A Legend

• View Profile
Two more joining?
« on: June 07, 2011, 08:14:58 AM »
if the local Corby rag is to be believed . . . .

CORBY TOWN pair Glenn  Walker and Jordan Fairclough are wanted by Boston United.
The Pilgrims, who are managed by former Steelmen striker Jason Lee, have not yet ended their interest  in taking forward Steve Diggin to  Lincolnshire either.
Corby’s Blue Square Bet North  rivals tried to sign Diggin and Steve Towers last month.
But Towers has now opted to stay at Rockingham Triangle and signed a new contract.
Steelmen boss Graham Drury  confirmed that he had made offers to Diggin and Walker while he is also trying to get Fairclough to commit his future to the club for next season.
“I offered both Steve and Glenn new deals last week and now I’m waiting to hear back from them,” said Drury.
“Obviously I want them to stay but Jason Lee is chasing them both for Boston and he wants Jordan too so we’ll have to see what happens.
“I have chatted to Jordan and we want to get something sorted with him.
“Hopefully we can get him tied up to new deal with us as soon as possible.”
After a quiet time since the end of the season, Drury now appears to have been given the green light to start  rebuilding his squad.
At the same time as securing  Towers’ services again for next year, Drury re-signed Leon Hibbert from Gainsborough Trinity to reform the midfield partnership that worked so well in the Southern League title- winning season and the first year in the Conference North.
“Leon was not enjoying it at  Gainsborough, he told me how much he had enjoyed life more with Corby so getting him back with us was a  no-brainer really,” added Drury.
Meanwhile, winger Jordan Spruce is believed to be a target for Zamaretto Southern League new boys St Neots Town.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Two more joining?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 05:14:58 PM »
I've seen a few Evostik South games in the Leicestershire area - particularly midweek matches that don't clash with Boston fixtures. I saw Jordan Fairclough play for Shepshed Dynamo a couple of times last season, and wasn't particularly impressed.

I'd read in the programme notes that Jordan is the son of former Nottingham Forest defender Chris Fairclough. Jordan too had played for Forest, but had been released as a first year professional. I remember his dad Chris being a very good player, and therefore kept an eye on Jordan during the game. He had reasonable pace but wasn't the best distributor of a ball. He played full-back when I watched him.

Not long after that he moved from Shepshed to Corby. Hopefully therefore he was just having a bad day when I saw him player. Shepshed, to be fair, are a poor side who had a very poor season last year. They were relegated from Evostik South alongside Spalding.