Author Topic: v Stockport  (Read 15820 times)

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: v Stockport
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2014, 08:11:42 PM »
Disappointing. We made it too easy for them, a couple of very soft goals and we missed chances at big times (1-1 and at 1-2).
Pidge getting sent off was another blow. It looked wild and reckless but didn't look any worse than the one that one of their lads put in down our right hand side.

Struggled to get on top of the midfield and again struggled to pick up 2nd balls. On another day we'd have got tonked but on another we'd have nicked something

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2014, 09:02:33 PM »
For those that are quick to slate Greene please visit the sports bar after a home match where you will find Dennis there who im sure will willingly answer any issue you have.

Football as been trash this season and lets be honest its not been that good even when we win but i find it so intresting that the same posters from day one before he even set foot in the ground that constantly challange everything he does, the players he signs , the formation we play blah blah blah.

Ill read your post as everyone as the right to there views but il not be posting on here again (exept predition) as frankly some people are more depressing than current results.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2014, 09:34:44 PM »
For those that are quick to slate Greene please visit the sports bar after a home match where you will find Dennis there who im sure will willingly answer any issue you have.

Football as been trash this season and lets be honest its not been that good even when we win but i find it so intresting that the same posters from day one before he even set foot in the ground that constantly challange everything he does, the players he signs , the formation we play blah blah blah.

Ill read your post as everyone as the right to there views but il not be posting on here again (exept predition) as frankly some people are more depressing than current results.
Tbh feeling the same way....we had a freak result on Tues but the league is throwing up some odd results. Arrogant lost 0-4  today, Guiseley held to a draw.
Sorry to lose again today but it was the first LOSS away this year.
The big spenders Barrow (who we've beaten!) and Filed look like they will pull away......however most teams have a dodgy period over the season.....just hoping this is our time.
One or two Den Baiters having a field day but I'm sure he will turn it round.

ep2014

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2014, 10:41:08 PM »
FT knobheads 3 - 2  Mr Genius

I take it you can't spell Stockport ?

Simply put beaten by the better team on the day.
Piergianni disgrace  sending off.. He should know better and
was no need
For it.
 scored a great header tho'

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2014, 11:36:13 PM »

Bostonshire, please change your mind about not posting on here anymore as yours is a voice of reason, unlike some!
United we stand..................

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2014, 11:37:00 PM »
Don't think there was anything disgraceful about Pidge's tackle... he mistimed it fractionally and bloke beat him to it at speed. It looked a lot more wild and reckless than it really was. Was no worse than one a Stockport player did on Mills in the 2nd half.

Anyways... we didn't do enough, yet as I say, we take one or both of them big chances and we get a result away despite being under the cosh for most parts

black n yella

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2014, 10:16:02 AM »
Yesterday's game only serves to highlight our obvious weekness, our inability to defend and keep a clean sheet. Last season we were fortunate to have a talented footballing side who could pass well and score at will, even when goals were flying in our own net . Our philosophy of last season at times was we'll score more than you and that gamble paid off, this season it won't. Teams simply stroll through our midfield and defence and even if you started to line up all 4 of our goalies we'd still continue to lose games.

But what do I know Den, I'm just a knobhead who pays towards your wage and you can't even have the dignity to come over and applaud the travelling faithful at the game yesterday. You've no class and professionalism and that was shown the minute you found guilty of benefit fraud and calling us fans knobheads. Funny how the club apologist quickly deleted your comment. I certainly won't be toeing the line and putting up with this behaviour. If I called you a knobhead I'd be banned from the club. It smacks of double standards which is something all to familiar at this club.

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2014, 10:24:38 AM »
It looked like Mr Genius changed Garner back to centre half early in second half, but it was too late. Listening to him after the game he is at last accepting that we need to defend much better, and get a bigger physical presence in midfield, and another forward. But we have been saying this all season.

He put the squad together in the first place, so he must accept the responsibility. I think Farman is probably a good signing, but it sounds as if Lincoln approached us first, prone to a few mistakes, but at this stage a better bet that the two we had, hopefully Sam can learn from him for the future. I still cannot see what Marshall has done wrong, at least he has got physical presence, so why not use it--remained sub again today.

I know we are only 7th, but we have to get this sorted asap. otherwise another season will quickly go away from us. Will be interesting to see the crowd next Saturday- a big must win game for us. What has happened to fortress york street?

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2014, 11:12:17 AM »
We did have a decent young but experienced Defender, but instead the club decided to waste 2 months of Duran Reynolds playing career.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2014, 11:38:27 AM »
I was also disappointed with the result yesterday but I will still be there next game and will remain as positive as possible, I refuse to accept loosing two games heralds the end of the world, but I will state my views on games and performances. Yesterday but for two unbelievable saves from their keeper we could have had a result albeit Stockport could also claim they could have had a few more, but that is the nature of the game at this level (and to me why I love it much more than than the premier league mundane stuff) and we would all do well to remember that.
Before anyone accuses me of accepting the unacceptable I too have questioned the managers decisions on occasions for example I thought chucking Garner up front was plan B when we were chasing a game so I was completely baffled by the decision to play plan B from the start yesterday, Garner is an outstanding center half and captain and a great lad but he is not a center forward and for the third time in three games managed to fire over the bar from six yards. We then went back to what used to be plan A but in this game it was actually plan B, only to return to plan B late on bloody hell you think you are getting confused think about the players some of them didn't know their a-se from their elbow by the end is there any wonder our recent displays have been so disjointed.
No excuses for Pidge being sent off (although their player was only cautioned for a studs up challenge) but he was clearly frustrated with what was going on around him and needs to stop the red mist moments. Better call it a day now and hope that at training on Tuesday and Thursday the manager makes his mind up on his best team and has a plan C for Saturday. 

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2014, 11:58:39 AM »
FT knobheads 3 - 2  Mr Genius

I take it you can't spell Stockport ?

Simply put beaten by the better team on the day.
Piergianni disgrace  sending off.. He should know better and
was no need
For it.

He wasn't referring to Stockport as knobheads, just Boston supporters who the manager branded as knobheads because they had critisised him.
 scored a great header tho'

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2014, 12:12:23 PM »
Lets hope Greene gets it right , if he goes as many fans realise Boston is not such an attractive team to manage as some posters seem to think and a top provern manager would not be attracted to the club .
Clubs with silly budgets always more tempting to them .  And lets face it after the abuse directed at likes of Lee and Drury who would rush into the job .
To be fair I think DG has always accepted he has to strengthen the team ,  now I am pretty certain that his critics will say the answer is SPEND MORE MONEY  which we have,nt got .  I guess these same people would have Greene  pre-season sign two strikers out of Kendall , Walshaw and Mettam instead of Southwell .
According to reports these three rack up £2k a week in wages between them , between them they have not scored as many goals as Southwell alone . So much for big money signings being the answer .
I think any manager expects and accepts reasonable criticision and fans should realise it should be given in an acceptable manner .

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2014, 01:51:37 PM »
We did have a decent young but experienced Defender, but instead the club decided to waste 2 months of Duran Reynolds playing career.

I think we had a better one, Watson and he was released too.

Check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry.  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2014, 02:22:30 PM »
May I suggest that the manager concentrates on his job and stops visiting this forum and getting himself upset by some of the comments and views of what is a very small minority of Boston so called supporters. Luckily the vast majority don't bother and are not bothered about our views.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2014, 03:36:30 PM »
A few snaps from yesterday's game.