Author Topic: New Stadium: Wyberton Village Hall meeting last night  (Read 14019 times)

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: New Stadium: Wyberton Village Hall meeting last night
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2013, 04:53:48 PM »
And  very Merry Festive Yuletide Seasonal wishes to you too Shauneybaby.

Sorry I don't answer questions just pose them.

Too much gluhvein hic!   :o

Must check into rehab' in the New Year
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 04:58:01 PM by Scouse Pilgrim »
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2013, 05:36:43 PM »
The most bonkers thing about SP (Mark Issac) is that in my experience of him he is a decent bloke. I spent some time talking to him at Cheltenham away, the game where Gazza made his debut off the bench and back then he was a true Boston supporter always wanting the best for the club. I have no idea why he is so against the club and quite frankly an online troll now.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2013, 06:22:53 PM »

Mark,

Please don't insult our intelligence by claiming you're someone else. We all know exactly who you are. I used to know what you looked like as well, but that's no longer the case. It's been so long since you attended a Boston United match that I would no longer recognise you with your receded grey hairline.

Boston United were in an absolute mess by the time that Rodwell and Evans plus, to a letter extent, Sotnick had done their worst. That summer of uncertainty when we didn't know if we even had a club was horrible. David Newton stepped forward at a time when nobody else would or could, and turned out to be the best thing that could have happened to our club. For what he did then and what he has done since I'd be delighted if he featured on the New Years' honours list. He does not deserve the poison pen campaign which you seem to be instigating against him.

How can you say that this is all just about a property deal? Did you not listen to David Newton's interview after the Conference demoted us into the Unibond? Could you not hear the hurt in his voice when the appeal was rejected? If that was just about property, why did he care so much about the division we were playing in? If he was only in it for the property deal, why does he turn up to watch away game after away game after away game? (Of course, you wouldn't know that for yourself). Mark, it's time to admit you've got things wrong.

I've come to a decision here. I'm fed up of reading your comments on this board. Everything you say is poisonous against David Newton or the club, or is frankly written in such a way to wind everybody else up. I'm sick of you. It is now personal. So here's my decision - as of now, I no longer set foot inside certain retail outlets in the Boston area. You'll know the ones I mean - your family own them. I'll reconsider when you stop your campaign. If others are as sick of you as I think they are, then they may follow my lead. In the meantime your comments are now hurting your own family in the pocket, so please think on.

Merry Christmas to all Boston United fans. See you all at York Street on Boxing Day (Mark, we're at home to Histon). And see you all again at Cammacks for the January sales.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2013, 06:55:32 PM »
YSP,

Like it or not, it is freedom of speech  - what this country is all about. And of course, you are free to shop where you like  :)

DL

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2013, 07:27:04 PM »
YSP does SP make any profit from anybody shopping at Oldrids???
The shops employ many local people and in the end its them who will be hurt the most by being jobless.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2013, 11:12:55 PM »
What was Mr Newtons response when you put your thoughts to him last night then Scouse?

Hi Tash,

Seasonal greetings.

Mr Newton received my views a while back in writing  :bunny

Keep up old boy Scotty is correct, my question was what was Mr Newtons response. You should double check before you start banging on them there keys.  :dan :bunny
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2013, 12:15:03 AM »
Makes me laugh how SP spouts his crap, if memory serves me correct his family were very anti dual carriage ways, no out of town retail parks, no new investment by bigger retailers always worried of competition or how anyone can be bigger or better.
Yawn...

Seenbetter

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2013, 10:54:08 AM »
What is/are his motives for stirring the sh*t around Boston United Football Club. If that's how he gets his kicks in life then I have to say he is a very sad person. Perhaps he has personal and financially rewarding interests to see the club close down, in which case could he enlighten us because everyone could do with a few extra bob in the bank.
I must say he does have a right to put rubbish on here like the rest of us have done at times, my only issue is with his motives. A sad person or a financially astute person who knows something the rest of the world doesn't. You decide.

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2013, 11:13:18 AM »
YSP,

Like it or not, it is freedom of speech  - what this country is all about. And of course, you are free to shop where you like  :)

DL

I always shop at Cammacks.  trying to get rid of the Chairman at the other place so a reduction in profits will help the cause no end!  :bunny
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2013, 01:34:53 PM »
YSP,

DL

I always shop at Cammacks.  trying to get rid of the Chairman at the other place so a reduction in profits will help the cause no end!  :bunny
Got issues with Mr M?

spannerman

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2013, 01:42:59 PM »
I think Oldrids sold out a few years back , I Don't know if the family of S P are still shareholders but I,m certain somebody
on here can find out ? But you can not hold a company to ransom for actions of a distant relative .
Will be pleased when we can just talk about football again , but the life of a B U F C supporter is never Dull  8) ;D

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2013, 02:08:26 PM »
SP makes a series of good points, rather you like him as a person or not.

The reality of BUFC is that we do not have a benefactor willing to stump up the cash for a new stadium and support the team.

Thus we have had a series of 'property' developers dabbling in the club's affairs to see if they can make some money out of a BUFC stadium. When in the League we attracted all sorts, mainly due to the availability of grants and other sources of finance, less so now.

The current Chairman's interest is being questioned by SP as being one of benefit for BUFC or himself or is it a win/win - that's how I see it.

Options include:

1. A die hard fan who genuinely did not want to see the club go to wall - stepped in with his own money to salvage the club and is now looking at ways to help the club, without costing himself too much cash.

2. The canny businessman, who rode into town at the last minute to maximum fanfare, always knowing that there was some money to be made out of the stadium build, especially when it could be packaged up as a sports/retail/housing project on land he already owned (bought on a punt that one day planning permission might be given, if the right project presented itself). A football club move polarises opinion for sure, but I doubt the BBC want to be seen as the body who refused planning permission and therefore kill the club. Hence the attraction of getting a football club as part of the development

3. Or a bit of both…..

Now compared to the criminals that went before, the present owners of the club can be viewed as a godsend on several fronts: they knew where York Street before they took over; they care about football; they can write a business plan; and they don't have offensive family members!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2013, 02:47:40 PM »
I think Oldrids sold out a few years back , I Don't know if the family of S P are still shareholders but I,m certain somebody
on here can find out ? But you can not hold a company to ransom for actions of a distant relative .
Will be pleased when we can just talk about football again , but the life of a B U F C supporter is never Dull  8) ;D
The company was not sold, the deal fell through. The current MD is not an Isaac family member, however.

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2013, 04:40:36 PM »
he is a decent bloke.

I (SP) refute this accusation totally.  I can only suggest this was a case of mistaken identity.  :-X 

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2013, 04:42:59 PM »
Now compared to the criminals that went before, the present owners of the club can be viewed as a godsend on several fronts: they knew where York Street before they took over; they care about football; they can write a business plan; and they don't have offensive family members!

But they did sponsor the club run by criminals and they have a large creditor on their balance sheet.....Sotnick's pay back?