Author Topic: do we need another striker?  (Read 11762 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: do we need another striker?
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2011, 05:50:07 PM »
Same reason he has left all his other clubs I suppose .

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2011, 06:37:05 PM »
A great opportunity for Stones at Boston Town I believe!Get him on loan down Tattershall Road.He's proved he can score in the pub league let's see him build his confidence in a better league.

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2011, 06:44:21 PM »
Does Ricky Miller play in the UCL?  Given his nomadic career and our managers liking for bringing ex-players back to the club it wouldn't be that surprising if he came back would it?

He's the type of striker we need as from what I remember from his last spell he had pace, a good work rate and knew where the goal was,
Why did he leave?

Because the clever little Steve Evans thought he was a bit better than he actually was and he asked for pretty unreasonable terms.......

oh right!, i think its very reasonable we showed him the door then!

porl99

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2011, 07:48:24 PM »
A great opportunity for Stones at Boston Town I believe!Get him on loan down Tattershall Road.He's proved he can score in the pub league let's see him build his confidence in a better league.

I know that Blackstones put in a loan offer for Stones recently but it was turned down.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2011, 08:09:57 PM »
Does Ricky Miller play in the UCL?  Given his nomadic career and our managers liking for bringing ex-players back to the club it wouldn't be that surprising if he came back would it?

He's the type of striker we need as from what I remember from his last spell he had pace, a good work rate and knew where the goal was,
Why did he leave?

Because the clever little Steve Evans thought he was a bit better than he actually was and he asked for pretty unreasonable terms.......

There is a lot more to that, He didn't ask for the terms because he was greedy he asked because to play at Boston he had to move to Boston and without other work to cover rent etc what was offered was not going to cover, Best choice all round but no once fault.

oh right!, i think its very reasonable we showed him the door then!

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2011, 10:59:30 PM »
looks like 2 balls Danny could be joining Gainsboro according to their forum!!!!

Bartmac

« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2011, 04:37:42 PM »
Yes - now that Jordan Burows has gone back to Chesterfield,  I wish the lad good luck in the future, but don't think we utitlised the lad to his full potential whilst he was with us.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2011, 07:49:39 PM »
Come on guys you are hardly filling me with confidence that King can do a good job for us here!

LCB, I'm not 100% certain but I think King has been wearing white boots for us, i'll check the next time he plays (he's cup-tied on Saturday).

His time with us was pretty much ended once the Dorothy nickname stuck. 
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.