Author Topic: Boston United video - 1992  (Read 3405 times)

Patrick

• View Profile
Boston United video - 1992
« on: October 04, 2009, 08:48:20 PM »
I just saw this video of a match against Bromsgrove Rovers in a related videos box on a non league news website. Looks as though it was uploaded only a few months ago.  Thought I would share it as its something you would only otherwise come across by sheer coincidence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX0KeKQlJSQ

Seenbetter

Re: Boston United video - 1992
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 10:16:16 PM »
Aaahhh yes. Do you remember those days of the tight short shorts. How the hell they didn't split I'll never know. Now the shorts are so baggy you could cut them up and dress a 3rd world village with them (and I don't mean Kirton).

Bob Lee

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 04:39:38 PM »
Did you notice the open play by both teams?  Why is it that teams in this league seem to all congregate in one spot for goal kicks etc? :(

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 12:55:54 AM »
Did you notice the open play by both teams?  Why is it that teams in this league seem to all congregate in one spot for goal kicks etc? :(
It happens in every game in every league

Bob Lee

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 11:07:58 AM »
Premier and Championship included?  Not that I have noticed.  I remember a story from a few years back.  I think it was Ron Atkinson who was sat on a plane returning from an European Match.  His companion enquired where abouts they where on they journey.  Ron Looked out of the window and said "we are back over the UK".  His mate asked him how he knew.  He replied " Because there is a football match going on and 20 players are following the ball " ;D

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 01:18:50 PM »
Yeah, although maybe not as clear-cut. I looked out for it at the Man United v Birmingham game on the opening day, and it does happen - although maybe not as huddled as in the lower divisions.