Author Topic: Vs Eastwood  (Read 9164 times)

PompeyPilgrim

• View Profile
Vs Eastwood
« on: August 30, 2010, 04:59:26 PM »
I wasn't there today but followed on 'United Live' great service as usual; seems we fought hard today and that Eastwood were a decent team.  Great start to the season so far and hope it long continues...  Up the Pilgrims!!!

fcum_91

• View Profile
Re: Vs Eastwood
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 05:01:25 PM »
What was the score?

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 05:08:58 PM »

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 05:33:52 PM »
I wasn't there today but followed on 'United Live' great service as usual; seems we fought hard today and that Eastwood were a decent team.  Great start to the season so far and hope it long continues...  Up the Pilgrims!!!

Dont think they was fantastic, In truth they wasnt any different to the team we played in the unibond. just strong and very physical helped by imo a weak ref.they played the way i expected them to.

For us it was a hard game and again imo at home we dont look convinsing but probely do just anuth.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 05:45:07 PM »
started slow at home last season had to wait till october for our 1st home win, so nothing to worry about i  think we're getting points on the board

won't get too far ahead we're new to this league so won't make bold predictions like we're going to get promotion again, but things are looking bright we're scraping wins like the end of last year which shows the signs of a good team

paitence and i'm sure we'll start winning the odd home game more comtorable

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 05:54:11 PM »
I can't help but feel todays result could of been different if we'd of found ourselves up against a more clued up opposition. We failed to create many shooting opportunities today. We passed the ball reasonably confortably in spells, but this possession didn't result in any end product. Danny Davidson looks to be the weak link up front to me. We really should of been driving at them at pace and scaring their defence into making errors, especially after going a goal up. Yet we seemed quite happy with a one goal advantage. That's not the right way to play, we should of carried on looking to build upon our lead.
When corners and free kicks were taken, we didn't seem to threaten their defence with much conviction. We invited them back into the game in the second half, rather than getting in their faces and closing the ball down quickly. We did at some points let them attack us far to easierly and that almost cost us a draw. We really should of been pushing them as hard as possible and trying to get plenty of shots on goal. Eastwood looked very average to say the least and that's scary, beacause if we can't beat average teams convincingly, how on earth are we going to fortune against more dominant and skillful sides. Don't get me wrong, it was great to gain another 3 points, but it just didn't look like the lads were all there today. Perhaps the game tally is taking it's toll this month. There's certainly room for improvement in all areas. I'm confident the managers will be telling the players this and helping them to become even better players. It's fantastic to see us in the top 4 all the same. Looking forward to the next match and seeing us play more attacking football which I know we're more than capable of playing. Onwards and upwards.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 06:00:25 PM »
Not the greatest game today but Semple, Yates and SWD provided enough skill to keep the fans entertained. Glad we got 3 points today with three hard games coming up. Ref was awful today, should have sent the bloke off who made the awful tackle on Church from behind through frustration in the 2nd half could have badly injured him but thankfully he played on ok. A good ref should always have his eyes on his linesmen if he isn't quick enough to keep up with play the bloke today didn't failing to spot a couple of good calls from the linesmen. Attendance was good again today, first three this year higher than any before the final few games last season. Hopefully Hunter can get fit enough to add another option for the tough fixtures coming up.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 06:09:08 PM »
Not at our best today by any stretch of the imagination.I thought our passing was poor at times,and we didn't seem to play with the urgency or tempo that we can.I thought the ref was dreadful,but at least he was bad for both sides generally.Still it's a win and a clean sheet,and we know we can play better.Thought SWD was excellent today.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 06:15:07 PM »
Was it just me or does anyone else feel that the choice of players taken of when subbing sent out the wrong messege. I thought SWD was worth 10 of DD today and felt he should have made way for newsham, Cant say he was left on for the hight cus he only won 1 in 6 headers.And taking yates of for cully just sent a " we got one more than you so we just gonna sit on it " Didnt like the subs at all

Bostons Arab Buyer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 06:16:41 PM »
Did anyone else see Peterborough United's keeper Joe Lewis watching today? I'm guessing that he was watching James McKeown

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 06:26:20 PM »
Was it just me or does anyone else feel that the choice of players taken of when subbing sent out the wrong messege. I thought SWD was worth 10 of DD today and felt he should have made way for newsham, Cant say he was left on for the hight cus he only won 1 in 6 headers.And taking yates of for cully just sent a " we got one more than you so we just gonna sit on it " Didnt like the subs at all

DD keeps their back four (or nuneatons 8  ) occupied with his strength.  We needed to stop them coming forward, If Newsh and SWD were up front one of the big mo fo's would have gone up front.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 07:53:26 PM by Lord Cutler Beckett »
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2010, 06:32:29 PM »

DD keeps their back four (or Nuneatons 8) occupied with his strength.  We needed to stop them coming forward, If Newsh and SWD were up front one of the big mo fo's would have gone up front.

I see your point but problem is with DD on the pitch we lump it to much and our threat was yates who got past is man everytime he got it, but becouse we kept lumping it he didnt get it often.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2010, 08:11:23 PM »
Yep we where poor today and pretty lucky to come away with any points so 3 is fantastic. Eastwood for me are the best team we have played so far, not quite sure how they've managed to lose 4 out of 5. They had the better chances and I would say more possession too. Still it's an old football cliche that good teams win when they are poor.

Agree that DD was poor today but he wasn't on his own there where quite a few that where well below their best. Keeper had a great game as did Pearson who was my MOTM, faultless at the back and scored the winner.

Old yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2010, 08:14:39 PM »
DD has his faults,but he worries defenders and will come into his own over the next three games as a provider to SWD and Newsh. Hopefully Miles will be fit to rip into defences in the latter stages.

les

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2010, 09:31:12 PM »
I think Davidson with his height worries oposition back lines, but seems to lack the stamina to get through 90 minutes on a regular basis. Looking forward to getting Suarez back so they can be swapped about and keep the opposition on the back foot for 90 mins.
Semple and Yates both sent over good crosses in the second half but the other forwards were struggling to arrive on time. If they had we could have had another handful.
At the other end McKeown showed why he is our No1 by not getting panicked when left in tricky positions and kept another valuable clean sheet.