Author Topic: Colwyn Bay  (Read 14142 times)

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Colwyn Bay
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2014, 09:52:40 PM »
If we do miss out on the playoffs it will be down to our rancid away form for a large portion of the season. We've shown some real grit in the last couple of games but it might have come too late.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2014, 09:55:12 PM »
Who are we to question why the manager has changed the team. He is the man in charge and he knows best. There could be any number of reasons why he has made changes. Let's stick together on this and not castigate him.

DL
[
Ok, your right DL but after Saturday and being 2-0 down at the time I posted it just seemed to me that if all were fit it should have been the same eleven. Still what a great effort these boys are the real deal and all is not lost. Agree lets keep right behind them.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2014, 09:56:45 PM »
4 away from home without defeat and a couple of big comebacks in there.

Going to be a big ask but there is still a couple of games for other teams around us that could cost them a few points.

We need to get our results

This play off fight is getting harder by the game and if we get 3pts on sat, both guisely and hednesford cant get 3pts,

Also not so important Alty play NFU but if Guisely and hednesford draw, NFU do us a favour and beat alty and we win it brings 3rd/4th and 5th back into it and we only be a point of them.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2014, 10:00:01 PM »
I am assuming junior and particularly McGhee must have been carrying knocks. There is no way Ross or SWD would have played unless others were injured. To be 2-0 down and I think I am right here not bring on the pace of McGhee staggers me a bit.
But you can't knock the never say die attitude of the lads though can you. Forget missed penalties or games we should have won that we didn't not going to Workington on the friday could prove to be what costs us especially after seeing tonights drubbing. Rather think we will need at least ten points. It can be done but its really squeaky bum time now isn't it.
 Damn it but well done to all the boys for at least showing real grit  for the umpteenth time

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2014, 10:01:14 PM »
Hey Flashscore looks good.. BUFC  mgr not quite as  (as I have said )

I think the manager is fire-proof at the moment ft .
What chairman would sack a manager who is producing results and providing the best entertainment at York St for years ?

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2014, 10:03:39 PM »
Not so bad in the end Oxo ! See Telford got done at Oxford City tonight as well although no impact on us really.

DL

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2014, 10:26:27 PM »
I sincerely hope that I am wrong, but two points dropped tonight and our last realistic chance of the play-offs has gone. It will need a massive sudden collapse by Guiseley or Hednesford to give us a foot in the door.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2014, 10:29:15 PM »
by Guiseley or Hednesford to give us a foot in the door.

Don't they still play each other?  Believe People, Believe
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2014, 11:17:29 PM »
 Well , thats twice I've called DG into question ..and they've come back for a draw .
     But it's not enough .. is it ?
   Maybe  I look too much to Sir Alex ..who usually snatched victory from defeat  .

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2014, 11:27:50 PM »
Well , thats twice I've called DG into question ..and they've come back for a draw .
     But it's not enough .. is it ?
   Maybe  I look too much to Sir Alex ..who usually snatched victory from defeat  .
Possibly.....but Sir Alex wasn't using part time and loan players, who had a horrible long journey after work in the morning for some.
We are still in the mix after three away games in 8 days

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2014, 11:49:25 PM »

Our best hope is for Guiseley to stuff Hednesford away on Sat.  Hednesford is the one we could catch, Guiseley have 5 games left and 3 of them are at home.
United we stand..................

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2014, 08:26:13 AM »

Our best hope is for Guiseley to stuff Hednesford away on Sat.  Hednesford is the one we could catch, Guiseley have 5 games left and 3 of them are at home.

That was my thought and has always been my thought. Guiseley look more than likely to do it too.  Hednesford had a wobble a month or so ago, so we have to hope they do the same again.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2014, 09:19:38 AM »
Yup, lets all become Guisely fans, we certainly need their help at the weekend

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2014, 09:53:39 AM »
Sounds like Zak Mills had a decent game  8)
Great performance by the whole side to grind out a point from a difficult game.

swineshead pilgrim!

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2014, 01:49:26 PM »
What I don't seem to understand about this team is that, we have got our best defence for years and both centre backs could play higher but yet we seem to ship in a lot of goals! It's lucky we have had two strikers this season scoring 20+!

Anyway we have all got to believe and be behind the team, it is defiantly achievable and like people have said hednesford are the team to catch! They haven't got the best of games left either