Author Topic: v Lowestoft Town - Match Thread  (Read 34778 times)

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
Re: v Lowestoft Town - Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2009, 12:34:27 PM »
A few more pics - some taken with my backup camera during the warmup, a few crowd shots and a few half decent shots I missed during the original scan through.

You can see the instigators of the trouble in this shot (the guy in the Norwich shirt and the Gap toothed wonder!)

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2009, 12:41:03 PM »
 Agree with Newsham comments .
   He's from Rotheram and maybe too bound in with the Mgmnt ..need  something to change there..

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2009, 02:21:09 PM »
Newshams our top scorer though isnt he?

sparks

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2009, 03:09:45 PM »
Newshams our top scorer though isnt he?

Take nothing away from the player there, statistics prove he has five tap ins and a pen,
 but having witnessed all our fixtures so far this league season apart from the opening
 encouraging win at Giggs Lane (where he wasn't on the scoresheet),what other real
 and telling contributions has he made in open play,assists and real endeavour with his
 ariel presence and workmanlike performances so far that would encourage selection
 every game . I have nothing personel against the guy, if anything he is a cute and clever
 player and that is probably what the management see in him to give him a shirt week in
 week out.
 HOWEVER....
 I think he should be doing a little more than he does for the team as he really looks a
 luxury at times when we are up against it............ and should be classed along with the
 other aforementioned strikers for inconsistancy......
Simplicity is Genious...... Never touch an Electrician with no eyebrows.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2009, 05:19:57 PM »
A cute player, mmmmm My wife thinks that to! :o

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2009, 06:56:29 PM »
think a cup run may have helped the coffers.............but ya right cappo..........the reality is we are now a tinpot team in a tinpot league......

At last some people are starting to get it. People calling for bigger players or more experienced players have got to realise we don't have the money to pay for said players. It would be great to be able to match BPA in the transfer stakes, but even then looking at them it doesn't guarantee success.

Yesterday I don't think we lost because of being out-muscled Lowerstoft weren't that sort of team, it was nice to actually watch a team that didn't try to kick us off the park. Yesterday we simply weren't good enough, a very poor performance from the team. First 20-25 minutes we where the better team but only created 2 good chances. From then on we where second best, second half especially. The team for me looks totally devoid of confidence and once they scored we never looked like getting back into it. To be fair it isn't that much of a shock, I think Lowestoft would hold their own in our league, they're a steady if unspectacular side. The difference between the teams was as I have said confidence, they have known nothing but success for the last couple of seasons and again this.

This is our worst performance of the season so far, as people have said the fans have got caught up in the opinion that these 2 managers guarantee success but the reality is they are now going to have to prove their selves. Player wise I'll put something on the "who will be leaving thread". But it is ridiculous to say the season is over in September, we still have the trophy and in the league anyone can beat anyone, with a bit of tinkering this team could still be in the mix.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2009, 08:16:14 PM »
think a cup run may have helped the coffers.............but ya right cappo..........the reality is we are now a tinpot team in a tinpot league......

At last some people are starting to get it. People calling for bigger players or more experienced players have got to realise we don't have the money to pay for said players. It would be great to be able to match BPA in the transfer stakes, but even then looking at them it doesn't guarantee success.

Yesterday I don't think we lost because of being out-muscled Lowerstoft weren't that sort of team, it was nice to actually watch a team that didn't try to kick us off the park. Yesterday we simply weren't good enough, a very poor performance from the team. First 20-25 minutes we where the better team but only created 2 good chances. From then on we where second best, second half especially. The team for me looks totally devoid of confidence and once they scored we never looked like getting back into it. To be fair it isn't that much of a shock, I think Lowestoft would hold their own in our league, they're a steady if unspectacular side. The difference between the teams was as I have said confidence, they have known nothing but success for the last couple of seasons and again this.

This is our worst performance of the season so far, as people have said the fans have got caught up in the opinion that these 2 managers guarantee success but the reality is they are now going to have to prove their selves. Player wise I'll put something on the "who will be leaving thread". But it is ridiculous to say the season is over in September, we still have the trophy and in the league anyone can beat anyone, with a bit of tinkering this team could still be in the mix.

+1 as the kids say.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Seenbetter

« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2009, 10:40:53 PM »
A few people keep saying we are strapped for cash. I haven't had my head in the sand the past 12 months but are we really still that hard up. 1000+ attendances, probably around £10 per person per game. I know the lease is expensive. Inland revenue off our backs. Apperently a fixed tight budget.
Perhaps we are strapped for cash but the only time I hear that is on this forum. I'm not saying everything is rosey financially but it would be interesting to know the facts. Just an observation, not a gripe.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2009, 10:57:24 PM »
A few people keep saying we are strapped for cash. I haven't had my head in the sand the past 12 months but are we really still that hard up. 1000+ attendances, probably around £10 per person per game. I know the lease is expensive. Inland revenue off our backs. Apperently a fixed tight budget.
Perhaps we are strapped for cash but the only time I hear that is on this forum. I'm not saying everything is rosey financially but it would be interesting to know the facts. Just an observation, not a gripe.

At the last fans forum David Newton said we are still operating at a loss and he cannot and will not keep subsidising the club. He then went on to talk about his plans to get us breaking even next season. So don't think our playing budget will be increased until we can start operating at a profit which is a minimum of 2 seasons (this and next) away.

Seenbetter

« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2009, 08:00:39 AM »
Thanks WP. So is it best to finish well this season rather than push for promotion because that would mean more expensive players. With success there could possibly be better gate receipts which hopefully would pay the extra player budget required. So it raises a question. Should we be content with creating moderate success and financial stability and push on for promotion when running at a profit, possibly next season Or try and get promotion this season and hope the gate receipts improve to pay for higher league football next season. A difficult tightrope to walk. Maybe the managers are trying to develop a team that will carry on into next season in either league.
Glad I'm not an owner or a manager. Whatever, I do think they they are all the right men for the job and completely support them even though the results are a bit dissappointing.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2009, 10:38:03 AM »
Thanks WP. So is it best to finish well this season rather than push for promotion because that would mean more expensive players. With success there could possibly be better gate receipts which hopefully would pay the extra player budget required. So it raises a question. Should we be content with creating moderate success and financial stability and push on for promotion when running at a profit, possibly next season Or try and get promotion this season and hope the gate receipts improve to pay for higher league football next season. A difficult tightrope to walk. Maybe the managers are trying to develop a team that will carry on into next season in either league.
Glad I'm not an owner or a manager. Whatever, I do think they they are all the right men for the job and completely support them even though the results are a bit dissappointing.

Build a squad in the hope that the players you get see you well, gain more money to add to said squad if side plays well...

...rather than BUY a squad that you hope will build your income, gambling that someone else doesn't do the above or out bid you in the buying success stakes.

Doubt we are making a profit, but I'd still rather they built a team than try and buy success as that way always ends in tears.  If we are not good enough then so be it we are not good enough, but I don't want to fly up through the divisions to then crash back down when the money runs out, I'm sick of crashing down.

So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2009, 11:50:27 AM »
If anyone is in any doubt about the financial position of the club,have a look on the o/s-the "Support The Pilgrims" campaign is re-launched.

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2009, 12:46:39 PM »
I'm extremely grateful to still have a club and I'm thankfull for all that the owners have done to save it.
I'd just like to point out to the clubs owners that every paying fan who goes to york street is supporting the club financially more than enough, the prices are very high for this league but us fans don't mind since this helps the club. To carry on asking fans for even more money is unfair. It's up to the owners to generate new ideas of financially stablising the club - not simply put a bucket out and expect the fans to cough up and make up the deficit. 
Just a little thought of mine. Chesnut homes built you a lovely little house and you paid for it and moved in and all was well. Later on chesnut homes comes back to you the customer and asks for more money because chesnut homes as a business is in the red, you'd be furious would you not ?
Some people may think I'm being harsh but thats just the way I see it.

blue2

« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2009, 12:52:35 PM »

You can see the instigators of the trouble in this shot (the guy in the Norwich shirt and the Gap toothed wonder!)

We were standing close to all of this, and felt that it was getting a bit stupid. Elements of both sets of fans (and it was only a small minority) were certainly trying to provoke each other. It did add some atmosphere to the occasion though, and I am glad that most stayed sensible when it would have been easy for it all to 'kick off' and become ugly. I can understand concerns voiced about the youngsters at the game who probably found it a bit scary.
I sincerely hope that things get better for you for the rest of the season
We LTFC fans have a home tie to Sutton Coldfield to look forward to now and I am hopeful we can continue our run in the FA Cup.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 03:40:31 PM by blue2 »

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2009, 05:14:40 PM »

We were standing close to all of this, and felt that it was getting a bit stupid. Elements of both sets of fans (and it was only a small minority) were certainly trying to provoke each other. It did add some atmosphere to the occasion though, and I am glad that most stayed sensible when it would have been easy for it all to 'kick off' and become ugly. I can understand concerns voiced about the youngsters at the game who probably found it a bit scary.
I sincerely hope that things get better for you for the rest of the season
We LTFC fans have a home tie to Sutton Coldfield to look forward to now and I am hopeful we can continue our run in the FA Cup.

tbh though their wasnt any trouble till the point the bloke in the norwich shirt and gappy came over , thats when we gave back as good as we got, can't see why you would be complaining