Author Topic: Today v Hyde  (Read 6640 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Today v Hyde
« on: October 18, 2014, 05:19:35 PM »
Thought Conor Marshall was excellent and deserved his MOM.
Credit to him by beating a Hat trick hero who himself worked tirelessly for himself and the rest of the team.
You can only beat what's in front of you and we did (although laboured at times)
Sorry to see SV let himself and the team down......a lesson learned, he had played well today.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Today v Hyde
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 05:30:26 PM »
He's only young but really should know better. The lad should have just let the player have the ball. Now he's out for three games and will probably find it difficult to get back in to the side after the suspension.

Check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry.  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 05:51:18 PM »
An ok performance (second half) against an awful Hyde team. I think up front we will be ok but just need to get a grip of the midfield. Hollingsworth still plays too many high, inaccurate passes for my liking. Hopefully the result will give the team some much needed confidence though going into a tough set of matches.

TEP

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 06:13:01 PM »
Tempest had a great game. With two assists and two good saves he made the difference. Put in some decent corner kicks too  8)

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 06:18:45 PM »
Conner was definitely MOTM, Southwell may be a bit miffed not to get it but he did get the match ball.

Check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry.  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 06:43:45 PM »
Decent team performance against a poor team. I think zak and rene look good playing further forward and marrs is certainly a right back.  4-4-2 is the formation for us.  Good to see Jona back in a bufc shirt..

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2014, 07:02:36 PM »
Decent team performance against a poor team. I think zak and rene look good playing further forward and marrs is certainly a right back.  4-4-2 is the formation for us.  Good to see Jona back in a bufc shirt..
Agreed

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2014, 07:03:45 PM »
Well done Den! He has taken the flack for the poor performances (going by some you would have thought he was the first ever manager to lose two in a row) so deserves the plaudits for a much improved performance.

I hope Vince gets over his stupid mistake. No excuse for the stupid rush of blood to the head. Hopefully he will learn from this as he has been brilliant so far this season.
Marrs has been poor in center mid and looked a shadow of last years player although he was back to last seasons form today in a more natural role.
Tempest was brilliant left back which suited him perfectly and also did well in goal; I really hope we can keep him and Dixon for as long as possible.
Pidge and Garner did their job but will be offered sterner tests in future games.
Using Steer and Mills offered the pace and width we have being desperately missing in midfield.
Marshall was outstanding as he often is when Dowie isn't in the team as the two don't work together - and I believe we have kept the better of the two, stronger, works harder and passes better.
Hollingsworth provided the energy in midfield he always gives but in my opinion Dixon would offer more options in that position, Marshall battles well but his partner needs to be someone who offers more going forward than Holls does.
Southwell was fantastic again today. Took his goals well, held the ball up, brought others in to the game and defended when needed to.
Robinson was poor, looked unfit, lacked confidence and wont be missed.

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2014, 07:28:06 PM »
Any news on the Hyde guy who was carried off?

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2014, 07:40:54 PM »
Jones and Southwell would be a decent strike force,  with Newsham soon to be fully match fit it gives us options.
 8)

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2014, 08:49:46 PM »
The atmosphere is rocking in the Eagle after that result! No sign of the Sony Award winning clinician yet, but the usual suspects are celebrating with some decent ale :dan

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2014, 09:23:45 PM »
We just seemed to have more shape today.  Yes they didn't test that, but it is a building block to start from. Much bigger tests to come.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2014, 09:58:55 PM »
Any news on the Hyde guy who was carried off?

Suspected torn achilles tendon.
United we stand..................

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2014, 10:39:04 PM »
For me, Marrs came close to the MOM and had his best game in a Pilgrim shirt this season. But i think the right man got it in the end.  What was pleasing, is just how well Jona played once on.  If this is the half fit player we got told we had, roll on when he is firing on all cylinders.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2014, 08:08:21 AM »
Most important was the win, we really needed that especially with our run of fixtures. Does it matter they were so poor. In the scheme of things probably not. We needed those three points and three  goals. The performanc was better much better and here is I suppose where you do rake into consideration the opponents.brilliant for south well, I can't remember anyone's getting  hat trick and not getting MOM but yes Connor did have a good game

Now let's see if we can take this moral booster into the.next three games.