Author Topic: KING BECKHAM  (Read 5629 times)

shinnster

• View Profile
KING BECKHAM
« on: August 12, 2010, 05:00:41 PM »
Sad to hear that David Beckham will no longer be part of the England set-up,would have been nice to see him involved in the coaching side of things at least..i still think he could have made the next euros,thanks Dave for a great carreer....Next England manager in waiting i think...

LPRA

• View Profile
Re: KING BECKHAM
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 05:09:08 PM »
I think you missed a fu off the subject title.

Good player, never great, and totally unknown as a coach / potential manager at this stage.

As for the Euros, I thought we were meant to be moving forwards with youth...?  ::)

shinnster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 05:17:12 PM »
Cant believe that people can talk like this.yes becks has had his lows but hes had more highs,can turn a game around in an instant flash of greatness,great ambassador for ourgame,and yes we r moving with youth but also want a couple of good heads amongst that as well and the euros would have been his last.

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 05:47:54 PM »
to be honest wasnt surprised by copello dropping him, yes he WAS great but when hes been swanning off to mickey mouse league in the states, hes not exactly playing against world class player in their prime.
 Yes hes been a great servant to country even with a wobbles along the way but theres been a few of them over the years, he needs to prove himself if he wants to manage he cant be just chucked into the management team.
 If he had stayed in england and played against top teams week in week out maybe he would still be at the heart of the england squad but he likes his money and he chose that to go to america and this is what has happened. maybe he's worked out that money doesn't buy you everything

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 07:03:10 PM »
Next England manager in waiting i think...

Not in my opinion.

Interestingly enough the man who should be England's next manager is currently without a club after Aston Villa decided to dispense with his services. What a shame the FA can't afford financially to do the same to Capello.

amberarmy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 09:16:43 PM »

Not in my opinion.

Interestingly enough the man who should be England's next manager is currently without a club after Aston Villa decided to dispense with his services. What a shame the FA can't afford financially to do the same to Capello.

i thought martin o'neill resigned????

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 11:56:01 AM »

Not in my opinion.

i thought martin o'neill resigned????

O'Neill is getting a bit of a rep as a bottler too.  We don't want another Keegan in charge.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 02:40:27 PM »
o neil is quitting footy alltogether from the reports today, shame really i rated him highly as a manager

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2010, 01:38:15 AM »
think it says it all when only one person on the forum is call ing for him to be named GOD

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2010, 12:11:54 PM »

Beckham :  Over-hyped, Over the hill, Over- There, Thats were he wants to stay, England don't need him in any capacity, Been fed-up with the Beckham circus for years, Mr Magoo should never have brought him back into the England set-up.

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2010, 12:19:40 PM »
on Kens thread about a United legend for 2000 - 2009 decade the noughties, we are talking about who would be the all time legend for that decade. Well if you think about that same question for England the answer jumps straight out at you, and i'm not talking about Michael Ricketts !!!

David Beckham is an england legend and has been retired before he needed too. BTW Capello is useless what he did on Wednesday night should of been the policy to adopt before the world cup in the games like Japan, we all knew what Gerrerd, Rooney and Terry could do. It should of been Zamora, A.Johnson, Dawson and Hart starting them games. anyway back to the topic David Beckham is a legend end of. Not only is he world class footballer but a great ambassador for English football and the numerous charity work he does. Mark my words he will get an MBE at some point.

shinnster

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2010, 05:33:28 PM »
At last somebody who agrees with me .