Author Topic: Bazza  (Read 6722 times)

nh83

• View Profile
Re: Bazza
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2012, 08:27:41 PM »
Sorry Adam don't share your take on this.I know the Club and Jason can do no wrong in your eyes but I do not see how a bloke who has been playing nearly 700 games for us over 20 years and still perfrming at 42 years of age can be compared equal to the likes of Chris Hall and the other players who will never give us a second thought after they have left.Bazza was one of us who would always stop for a chat after the match or anywhere else. I have been watching him in our goal  probably before you were born and after reading his interview you could feel his dispointment at the way it has ended.I wondered to myself if last saturday was the last we would see of him and have no problems him being released just the way it was done .If I was a boss of a company and had to get rid of a loyal member of my staff I certainly would not do it by phone.

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2012, 10:44:08 PM »
Condescending enough?

Better defend myself first... Off the pitch, the club has, broadly speaking, done no wrong since Newton took over (people may have different opinions, but if they do they're probably wrong or simply not appreciating the constraints the club operates under). That I think everything JL does is correct is a ridiculous comment... I've said that on balance I think Jason is worth another year, no more and no less.

Noone denies that Bazza is an absolute legend, both on the pitch and with the fans off it... I can't stress it enough. If I considered him in the same light as Chris Hall I wouldn't be agreeing with those suggesting a testimonial would I? I just think that dealing with contracts is something where it's more professional for the club to take a blanket approach. Over the phone is less than ideal, but it's also possibly the only practical one assuming you want all players to be made aware at roughly the same time. The geographic spread of the players and Jason is a big one. The only way he could talk to them all in person would have been about 20 minutes after the full time whistle on Saturday, which doesn't seem right.

Incidentally, in this spell, Bazza has played 40-50 games for us? It was when he departed for the first time that he should have been celebrated really, but we all have an idea why that didn't happen.

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2012, 09:33:52 PM »
Bazza's already had a testimonial season in 2000/1!

http://www.bufc.drfox.org.uk/bazza.html

The game was vs Peterborogh United,Boston won 2-1,Daryl Clare scored for us and Lee Beeson I think was mascot!!!