Author Topic: O/T Mark Simmonds!  (Read 5948 times)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
O/T Mark Simmonds!
« on: November 19, 2012, 10:58:17 PM »
Did anybody hear his comments on TV tonight? Stated local people from Boston have not worked on the land for the last 30/40 years!
Can anybody back up his comment?

Gus

• View Profile
Re: O/T Mark Simmonds!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 07:48:19 AM »
Biggest load of rubbish I have heard in a long while.

As a lad growing up in Old Leake, most families had someone employed in agriculture, with sons following father.

A close relative of mine is a farm manager on probably the biggest local concern around, and he says the labour force has only changed over the last 8 to 10 years.

Comments like that can only stir things up, not help.

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 09:44:52 AM »

Perhaps if he spent a bit more time in the town (and not at the Cons Club) he might find out a bit more about what is going on!

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 10:30:22 AM »
Like all MPs - out of touch with the real world, don't fancy his chances of getting re-elected if he keeps making statements of that nature.

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 10:35:22 AM »
He's as much out of touch with the people as his leader is. He will be re-elected though, you could put a sack of sprouts up as a conservative candidate here and it would be elected.

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 12:12:12 PM »
What a load of tosh. I spent two summers working on the land for Ted Newton (gangmaster)  in '82 and '83.

All for about £90 a week and a back that can tolerate anything now.

Ted told me you've got two weeks to keep up with the women or you can sling your hook. 

I was keeping up with them from day one (bulb picking near Kirton). Not a career choice but makes you repect those that do it for their livelihoods. I remember we got a 50p an hour bonus as the weather was so hot. Used to fall asleep in the bath after each day in the fields.

Mr Simmons are we paying you £65,000 pa not to know much about your constituents?
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Poros

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 01:22:56 PM »
Is maths not your best subject Scouse. When I went to B.G.S. 2012 minus 1982 came to about 30.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 01:23:48 PM »
As a life long Tory voter I agree with all above comments . I,m proud to say I have desisted voting for Simmonds at the last two elections .
Here we have a MP whos mandate is to further his career by pleasing his party rather than representing his constiuents , a man who will not nail his colours to the mast on any subject for fear of losing a vote . a man who goes missing when the going gets tough .

Sadly Ernie 100 prediction will not happen , SL has it right .

These demonstrators should be commended on their orderly protest .
Maybe more would be achieved if a similar demo was held outside the Cons club demanding the deselection of Simmonds before the next election .

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 04:18:34 PM »

As a life long Tory voter I agree with all above comments . I,m proud to say I have desisted voting for Simmonds at the last two elections .

These demonstrators should be commended on their orderly protest .
Maybe more would be achieved if a similar demo was held outside the Cons club demanding the deselection of Simmonds before the next election .

GHM  I agree with your line  about the orderly protest demo on Sunday, well done to all attended, But your line about holding a protest against  Simmonds deselection before the next election, Well the answer to that situation is in our hands ,        VOTE for an alternative party such as UKIP, I do because Labour opened the doors to immigration, and threw away the key whilst they were office , the rest of the parties bar UKIP are not worth even thinking about, If as you say you do not vote at all, you are giving Simmonds  a vote, your vote is one vote less against Simmonds.

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 05:42:24 PM »
IF locals have not worked the land for 30-40 years I presume that until the 2004 influx elves and fairies were doing the job.

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 06:59:42 PM »
Simmonds is about out of touch as is the Government AND our local Council.

And talking of our council, what a bloody shower!!!!    There are several on there who haven't got a clue about business, or common sense.

I have never been a political person but I do think this shower is the worst we have ever had.

Although the BBI were much maligned, at least they had a lot of experienced people on the Council, and in my opinion, turned things round. The next audit after they were deposed showed how much things had improved. Then the Tories had the gaul to claim the plaudits - hippocrites!!!!!!!!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 11:22:56 PM »
Hopefully he will brush up his local knowledge now he is living in the old monks home in  Swineshead !! 

fenside pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2012, 12:04:44 AM »

What a load of rubbish My uncle has work on the land for the last 30 years and still does and still fit's in time to run a local footy team.How out of touch our MP in with this town.

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2012, 09:53:29 AM »
Simmonds is about out of touch as is the Government AND our local Council.

And talking of our council, what a bloody shower!!!!    There are several on there who haven't got a clue about business, or common sense.

I have never been a political person but I do think this shower is the worst we have ever had.

Although the BBI were much maligned, at least they had a lot of experienced people on the Council, and in my opinion, turned things round. The next audit after they were deposed showed how much things had improved. Then the Tories had the gaul to claim the plaudits - hippocrites!!!!!!!!

Fully agree Gus. Think you should stand for the council - they wouldn't know what hit 'em!!

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2012, 11:10:52 AM »
Is maths not your best subject Scouse. When I went to B.G.S. 2012 minus 1982 came to about 30.

and 2012 minus 1983 is 29.   :bunny  

could do better! the naughty step for you. bet you were in L or G and not A!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 11:13:03 AM by Scouse Pilgrim »
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.