Author Topic: Meanwhile...  (Read 13484 times)

Captain Clean

• View Profile
Meanwhile...
« on: October 10, 2015, 06:44:49 PM »
Boston win at home.  :bunny

A notably better home display today with both the new signings slotting right into team. Robbins really put a shift in. I enjoyed his energy, often tracking back and making some decent tackles as well as running past men like they weren't there. He links up well with others and can make a pass. McEvoy put in a good solid performance at left back and dealt with anything thrown at him. He's a real credit the way he just blended into the team and got on with the job required of him. You'd never of guessed it was his first game for us.

The only downside to the game perhaps was not putting a few more goals past them. I thought they looked vulnerable and disorganised at the back. We didn't always make full use of all of our possession and build up play. That said we kept them at bay with quite a comfortable and reassured performance. It was a shame about giving the penalty away but a brilliant stop by the ever growing young keeper protected our lead and make several crucial saves throughout the game. A great headed finish by Pidge may have been the only goal but it was a comfortable win and another 3 points for us.

Long may this reenergised team keep winning and playing as they have been.

UTP

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile...
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 07:53:15 PM »
They looked better than their position implies.
Thought we did well...all players contributed.
Special word for Rivas ...did real well...won us the game (you might say)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 10:07:11 PM »
Ground out a good result against an improving Telford side who will soon start to climb the table.

A few defensive concerns for next week as I think Piergianni is suspended and Mills likely to be injured.

TEP

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 10:48:31 PM »
Ground out a good result against an improving Telford side who will soon start to climb the table.

A few defensive concerns for next week as I think Piergianni is suspended and Mills likely to be injured.

TEP

They had three new signings this week so was always going to be different from their league position.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 11:09:35 PM »
 Another steady head in midfield/def imho  to cover (see above) . . and a steady grind to playoffs beckons then .

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2015, 07:19:13 AM »
For me and those round me we all thought Roberts was man of the match very energised performance from him in the center of the park he also stood out at gainsborough seems to have upped his game recently well done Robbo!

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2015, 07:57:06 AM »

steve m

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2015, 08:48:31 AM »
Crikey....must have been at a different game.....

Thought the new fullback was good as was Roberts and Richards....

IMHO Robbins was poor.....complaining and falling over!!

Very hard work against a team who are bottom. They had a penalty saved and a cast iron penalty shout denied in the first half.....could have been a different result......

Telford 9 would be an asset for us!

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2015, 08:54:53 AM »
Steve - forget Telford being bottom - a bit of a false position at the moment. They are a top half team and will soon climb the table now they have new managers, players etc. They just had an awful start.

TEP

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2015, 01:12:59 PM »
Crikey....must have been at a different game.....

Seems like it!

Cousin Jack

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2015, 02:00:39 PM »
      Agree with Steve M, not too impressed with Robbins either, but only his second game so too early to judge.  Richards and Roberts both superb and either could have won MoM.  Stylish debut from Dylan(is he really only 18?) Hope that DG can arrange an extended loan with his club. Pleased that we have played Telford now rather than Feb - don't think that they will be propping up the league for long - so well done Craig(or JB?) for rearranging the fixture.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2015, 03:56:55 PM »
      Agree with Steve M, not too impressed with Robbins either, but only his second game so too early to judge.  Richards and Roberts both superb and either could have won MoM.  Stylish debut from Dylan(is he really only 18?) Hope that DG can arrange an extended loan with his club. Pleased that we have played Telford now rather than Feb - don't think that they will be propping up the league for long - so well done Craig(or JB?) for rearranging the fixture.

Obviously at a different game from several of us then. Robbins was running at them directly all game and on many occassions the away side had to stick two on him to contain him hence why he took several hard knocks and was down on the ground a few times. Did you not notice all those clever flicks and twist of the body to turn an opponent quick ? 

Captain Clean

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2015, 05:50:47 PM »
Obviously at a different game from several of us then. Robbins was running at them directly all game and on many occassions the away side had to stick two on him to contain him hence why he took several hard knocks and was down on the ground a few times. Did you not notice all those clever flicks and twist of the body to turn an opponent quick ?

For my sanity I'm glad you noticed that too and that I wasn't illucinating. His physicality caused them no end of problems. He'll win us plenty of free kicks in games I'd imagine.

Yes the game wasn't all tippy tappy beautiful football but we won the points. Based on the moans and groans obviously we must frown upon the team if they don't play like Brazil but earn 3 points. Surely this is the sign of an improving team, when we can win and not play at our absolute best. Yes we'd all love performances like the Nuneaton game but this is semi professional football and performances will be ugly, physical and frustrating at times but seeing out the game and defending a lead is a sign of a quality team. I'd take us playing like yesterday every match if it meant reaching the playoffs.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2015, 06:40:11 PM »

For my sanity I'm glad you noticed that too and that I wasn't illucinating. His physicality caused them no end of problems. He'll win us plenty of free kicks in games I'd imagine.

Yes the game wasn't all tippy tappy beautiful football but we won the points. Based on the moans and groans obviously we must frown upon the team if they don't play like Brazil but earn 3 points. Surely this is the sign of an improving team, when we can win and not play at our absolute best. Yes we'd all love performances like the Nuneaton game but this is semi professional football and performances will be ugly, physical and frustrating at times but seeing out the game and defending a lead is a sign of a quality team. I'd take us playing like yesterday every match if it meant reaching the playoffs.

Absolutely right,  i'd take scrappy 1-0 wins over fantastic football but 0-0's anytime.  Sometimes we need to scrap, and frustrate the other team when it comes to winding down the clock.  Really pleased with the new signings that we have made recently, and so pleased that Dens words of that Ravas would become a good goalie are coming true.  Time some humble pie was eaten by some of his abusers i say. Although, it takes a brave man to admit that they were wrong and not sure many will be stepping forward to say that they had got it wrong.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2015, 06:54:07 PM »
And a few snaps for those that don't do Facebook.