Author Topic: Its a funny ole game  (Read 14510 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Its a funny ole game
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2015, 09:00:41 PM »
Pilgrim 86, their President told me they are now full time .

TEP

What will they reform as this time?  ::)

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2015, 09:31:50 PM »
I tell it as I see it. I have been critical this year especially about the manager, but I have to say that was a very pleasant surprise and an excellent win. Well done to all concerned. It helped to have a left footed left back for a start--why hasn't he played there before for us? Shame about his injury, but his loan spell is ending so thats probably that. Roberts sounded very good in midfield and Henrich had a very good game as well, together with some raw physical pace up front which sides in this league cannot handle very well. Must get a left back in this week and lets hope things can improve with the confidence that has obviously been lacking. We need consistency though lets hope 2 home games will build that.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 09:43:29 PM by dt woodhall »

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2015, 09:47:53 AM »
I tell it as I see it. I have been critical this year especially about the manager, but I have to say that was a very pleasant surprise and an excellent win. Well done to all concerned. It helped to have a left footed left back for a start--why hasn't he played there before for us? Shame about his injury, but his loan spell is ending so thats probably that. Roberts sounded very good in midfield and Henrich had a very good game as well, together with some raw physical pace up front which sides in this league cannot handle very well. Must get a left back in this week and lets hope things can improve with the confidence that has obviously been lacking. We need consistency though lets hope 2 home games will build that.

I still think we need an experienced mid-fielder .
Beat that ,   I,ve out moaned dt woodhall. :D :D

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2015, 03:59:40 PM »
Good  to see Jamie Mcghee speaking well of his ex-manager Dennis Greene in the Grantham Target this week.

Odin

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2015, 04:18:23 PM »
 You never know when you might want a job do you.  ;D

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2015, 04:41:33 PM »
You never know when you might want a job do you.  ;D

Discrediting Jamie there ,   sure he is above  ulterior motives .   Lets be kind o ex- players .

Odin

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2015, 08:33:38 PM »
Not discrediting him at all. I actually thought he was under used and had a lot to offer.
The point I was making is that it's not in any players personal interest to slag off other players or managers because you never know if one day you will be playing alongside them or for them.
I wish him well wherever he goes, he always gave his best and deserves credit and respect.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2015, 09:15:26 PM »
Not discrediting him at all. I actually thought he was under used and had a lot to offer.
The point I was making is that it's not in any players personal interest to slag off other players or managers because you never know if one day you will be playing alongside them or for them.
I wish him well wherever he goes, he always gave his best and deserves credit and respect.

I doubt Jamie would be hypocritical enough to voluntarily praise Greene on the slim chance that he may be offered a part-time contract in future .

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2015, 09:51:48 PM »
 Can someone explain Burgh Boy's Alan Partridge joke to me ?

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2015, 10:14:21 AM »
I am pleased the team won on Saturday GHM. Nice to listen to it in DAB as well. I have said previously that we need probably 5 different players, so far we have one who sounded as if he had a good game -we will see for ourselves the next two home games. The 4 positions needed have been the ones since the end of last season--goalkeeper, left back and two midfielders. That also means obviously some of the current squad will leave. On the basis that the manager to date has not been able to get these players in still makes me think he is not the right person, but it does not stop me from giving praise for an excellent win at the weekend. If we win our next 2 home games we could even be in the play off position in a couple of weeks. Funny old game indeed!!!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2015, 12:03:28 PM »
I am pleased the team won on Saturday GHM. Nice to listen to it in DAB as well. I have said previously that we need probably 5 different players, so far we have one who sounded as if he had a good game -we will see for ourselves the next two home games. The 4 positions needed have been the ones since the end of last season--goalkeeper, left back and two midfielders. That also means obviously some of the current squad will leave. On the basis that the manager to date has not been able to get these players in still makes me think he is not the right person, but it does not stop me from giving praise for an excellent win at the weekend. If we win our next 2 home games we could even be in the play off position in a couple of weeks. Funny old game indeed!!!

I hope you are not planning to stay at home Saturday just so you can  listen to your favourite footy commentator in DAB  :)
What many of us overlooked after Greene outflanked Wilkins tacticly on Saturday  was the fact F/T Boro have all week to work on tactics  Boston,s players have 4hrs a week , well done to players and manager .
Yes us and Greene knew pre-season new recruits were required , if the accepable standard of player will not join Boston due to logistics , work commitments , crowd abuse etc . how do you suggest he overcomes this .?
 Most Prem League  clubs with pots of money encounter the problem of not being able of obtaining targets .

Funny ole job being a p/t  footie manager with critics who appear unable to grasp the basic problems .

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2015, 03:07:06 PM »
where do you go for these players?
is there a fullback shop somewhere?
a goalkeeper shop??
if only it was as simple as that!
the players have to fill certain criteria
1) better than what we have
2) not live to far away
3) play for less than they could possibly get elsewhere

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2015, 10:52:16 AM »
Simple. You have a proper manager who can build a team.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2015, 11:59:19 AM »
Give us a list of names, then...

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2015, 01:48:52 PM »

And you,ve yet to outline a plan how a " good manager "  would do it .