Author Topic: Its a funny ole game  (Read 14446 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Its a funny ole game
« on: October 03, 2015, 05:03:44 PM »
Well done.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 07:26:38 PM by howmanynames2pick »

Odin

Re: Its a finny ole game
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 05:19:50 PM »
Agreed, well done. Strange what a bit of pace up front can do.
Just heard DG on the radio. Perhaps the biggest lesson he can learne is to get a first team together before the bloody season starts, perhaps we might stand a chance of a cup run and earn some money.
Must repeat though, well done to the players, a good 3 points

Lord Lucan

• Happy Monkey Say Monkey Do Clapper season2014-2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 05:26:23 PM »
Well done Boston good result today
Should keep the all knowing keyboard managers quite for a while on here (well maybe not)
Lets be more positive lets take the GRIM out of pilGRIM patter.
(from a so called on many occasions happy clapper)

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 05:39:45 PM »
Great result!

5 points of playoffs, 9 points off top.

Season starts here?

With just our game v Telford that's a big 3 points up for grabs to get back within touching distance of playoffs.

However, the issue of no natural left back and an experience keeper may not go away.

Captain Clean

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 05:44:16 PM »
Well done boys. Brilliant result. Hopefully this result will be the catalyst in getting us moving forward and moving up the table more importantly. This was an important win for both the players and the fans. Lets galvanise this positive energy and push on. Keep up the effort team, we believe in you !

Looking forward to next Saturday already !

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2015, 05:51:41 PM »
Agreed, well done. Strange what a bit of pace up front can do.
Just heard DG on the radio. Perhaps the biggest lesson he can learne is to get a first team together before the bloody season starts, perhaps we might stand a chance of a cup run and earn some money.
Must repeat though, well done to the players, a good 3 points

Don,t think there,s a manager in football who does not try "to get a first team together" before the season starts  ,  cannot hold a gun to your targets heads to make them sign up .       How would you get them to sign ?       

Steviemas

• View Profile
Re: Its a funny ole game
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2015, 07:54:29 PM »
First 30 mins the best we have played this season, Robbins was a great outlet on the left, has pace in abundance, shame Greene had to go off injured  as it unbalanced us slightly, grant Roberts was superb today, defo my man of the match, feeling slightly more optimistic for the remainder of season, hopefully den can sign his other two targets.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2015, 09:02:17 PM »
Big difference today - and the first time I've seen this in ages, is that we had a game plan. We pressed Nuneaton high up the field and put pressure on their defence. I don't think they knew how to cope with it. Importantly, we also scored whilst we were on top and that of course always makes a massive difference.

For me, I thought Roberts had a great game - particularly in the first half with some driving runs from midfield. Also thought Richards was much more effective in there than in the defence. In fact, really good all round team performance. Noticeably we lost a bit of balance when Marrs had to switch to left back, highlighted even more as this was when Nuneaton had their best spell of the game. Ryan Robbins did well too, although looked a little short of match fitness (maybe for this level?) - at least he gives us something different.

Considering Nuneaton are full time, and how we've been of late, I think today is our most important win of the season. Not perfect and we still have the question of the goalkeeping situation, left back etc but definitely a step in the right direction which will hopefully give us a springboard into next week and beyond.

Unbeaten in October :)

TEP

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2015, 09:42:24 PM »
An away win against a top 5 side .
I see Chelsea lost at home
Mourinho out ????

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2015, 08:04:01 AM »
I don't think Nuneaton are full-time... how could they afford it (without going bust and starting again? ;) )?

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2015, 08:46:32 AM »
Now that we've got one of the best strikers (if not potentially the best) in this League in Ryan Robbins we can turn this season around now! Knew he would be an instant success. Again, well done DG for signing him! 
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2015, 11:08:36 AM »
Easily our best performance of the season. Up with the Solihull 4-1 or the Chorley 2-1 as the best performance away for a little while.
Looked a threat all afternoon. Dayle also missed a sitter, Walker(?) had one off the line and we had one fly just wide at 3-1 too.
They piled on the pressure after their goal without making a clear cut chance. Ravas made 2 or 3 excellent saves and was commanding in the air. Hopefully that gives him confidence- he seemed to milk the applause at the end!

Don't undo the good work next Saturday against a Telford side seemingly in turmoil. We were in turmoil until yesterday!

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2015, 12:27:24 PM »
When results are not going our way our team tend to perform better away than at home.

Followers who travel to away games are genuine supporters.  They usually represent a decent percentage of the crowd and really get behind the team, raising confidence in the process.

At home we have a good following, but broken down into groups: -

The same supporters mentioned above.
Genuine supporters who can only get to home games.
Loyal supporters who attend but do so in a fairly reserved manner.
Those who can only bear football when they are on the winning side and are quick to critisise if they are not.
Followers (I hesitate to call them supporters) who love to climb on the band waggon when times are great, but who seemingly can't wait to see things go wrong so they can vent their own frustrations with life in general.

If every follower of BUFC could think about their own "performance" and maybe where necessary, raise themselves into a catagory above where they are now perhaps we could have more of an effect on what happens on the field of play.   
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 03:12:08 PM by Cavalier »
United we stand..................

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2015, 08:42:45 PM »
Pilgrim 86, their President told me they are now full time .

TEP

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2015, 08:56:11 PM »
Pilgrim 86, their President told me they are now full time .

TEP

Boreham Wood in Con Prem are f/t  .  Get gates around 650 .