Author Topic: Kidderminster  (Read 2707 times)

wismo

• View Profile
Kidderminster
« on: March 04, 2023, 05:03:06 PM »
A good away point

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Kidderminster
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2023, 05:16:01 PM »
Yes a very good point hope Burrows is fit for Tuesday along with Jake Wright as our other attacking options are poor. We always say if the lads give their all we are happy and they now seem to be doing just that.  UTP

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2023, 06:12:34 PM »
A good away point

I certainly can't argue that it wasn't - and I'm more than happy with four points from the two away games this week - so I wouldn't complain about leaving Kidderminster with a point and our third clean sheet in four matches.

However, after inflicting only Chorley's third home defeat on them on Tuesday night and scoring 3 goals in the process (they'd only conceded 12 goals in their previous 17 home games) I can't help but feel a tad disappointed we didn't follow it up with another win today.

Even more so when you see that Kidderminster have the second-worst home record in the NLN with 4 wins; 5 draws and 9 defeats in their 18 games so far at Aggborough. Amazingly, though, they have the third-best away record with 9 wins, 4 draws and 5 defeats in 18 games on their travels.

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2023, 07:27:54 PM »
They haven’t scored in four games either

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2023, 10:02:55 PM »
Today our travelling support saw a BUFC team who in general gave everything they had, cling on at times, but secure a much needed and deserved point. I have felt for a few weeks now that we could well go down. Based on what I saw today we won't, even if we only win some of the remaining games. Shiels was a stand-out example of sheer effort and grit. Sadly as someone has said, without Jordan, attacking options look thin; lose Jake (partial injury concern? and partial red card risk?) then we've little to offer up front, the alternatives being, with apologies, not really strong or hungry enough. But for the first time in a long while, I think we can do this (stay up).

gatley pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2023, 10:03:14 PM »
One of the few games I have been to this season.

Thought we defended very well, but after Jake went off did not seem to have much up front apart from Chadwick.

First time I have seen Mitford but he did not seem to be able to contribute much and from the reaction of the Boston fans near us that was probably norm, but only had a few minutes to show anything.

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2023, 09:54:57 PM »
Solid and got what we set-up for. Based on what I've seen in recent weeks it's clear to me our first choice front two/three should be Burrow, Wright, Chadwick. Mitford has gone down hill since his first app where he did look half decent at Lynn on NYD. Goodson I'm unsure of, has only really performed at the level below this which is why Alty signed him, be highly surprised if he's contracted to a NL team at the start of next season. He's another who's best game for us was his very first....and I know he didn't last too long in that.

I do also think we'll stay up. We haven't turned a corner but we have improved. We aren't going to score many goals but we look hard to beat now and can't fault the effort levels.