Author Topic: Deadline signing.  (Read 11272 times)

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Deadline signing.
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2014, 10:04:18 PM »
I for one believe we looked good in midfield yesterday and look better without ross in the team?? Any thoughts? 

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2014, 10:16:26 PM »
Yes you talk rubbish.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2014, 11:20:50 PM »
Well put, Oxo
United we stand..................

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2014, 07:49:11 AM »
WHAT I think is DG don't no how to play ROSS to get the best out of him,
the same go's for INDY MILNES FAIRCLOUGH SWD.   I don't think these 5 will be with us next season.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2014, 11:36:42 AM »
the same go's for INDY MILNES FAIRCLOUGH SWD.   I don't think these 5 will be with us next season.
You'll have to have a quiet word with him Miele and tell him where he's going wrong.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2014, 11:56:01 AM »
Are you sure it's not a case of Ross not fitting in with our system? He's not mobile enough.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2014, 12:26:49 PM »
Exactly my point. Ross is a good player and his long range passing is excellent but in this league you need to be mobile and tenacious in midfield. The midfield on Saturday was exactly that. 

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2014, 12:37:51 PM »
Interesting comments re. Sam...no doubt some from people very close to him.

I agree with LP.

Bullyboy I sense DG is definitely not.  Just gutted that the lad he planned to be his full time goalkeeper next year is, in his opinion, receiving poor advice.  It's far better, at this early stage, to be playing every week for us than getting lost as last in the queue elsewhere.  Damage is probably done now..

If (and it's a big if) DG was thinking that Sam was to be N01 next season I am pleased he is considering his future, he is not ready to be our first choice keeper IMO. I have no doubt that he will be a good keeper in a couple of years. He would be better learning his trade with us the way he has been doing, forcing his way into the first team on a regular basis then moving on to bigger and better things.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2014, 03:07:47 PM »
I agree totally with shauneyg. The only thing I am unsure of is if the midfield played so well, or because it was 4-4-2...or perhaps both?
With the new lad coming in at RB, Steer at LB, I assume it means Mcghee will move back into the midfield, but I am just hoping it will be on the right wing. Though hes done well in the middle, out wide is his position and Saturday when for only the second time we were playing balls out from the back, we created more chances than I had seen for ages and we have to keep that shape, and as shauney says it unfortunately leaves no room for Ross, not Fairclough, or SWD, and would be amazed if any of those and God forbid I am now agreeing with Miele are here come August

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2014, 04:46:15 PM »
Couldn't agree more B.Grimes!!! We look so much better with a 4-4-2 newsh and miller upfront. I wouldn't keep ross, swd or fairclough either...