Author Topic: v Lowestoft  (Read 3665 times)

Boo

• View Profile
v Lowestoft
« on: January 02, 2016, 05:17:31 PM »
Four fingers to one, that's handy.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: v Lowestoft
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 05:29:48 PM »
Excellent win today.
Yet another good TEAM  performance.
Lowestoft  looked quite good and I hope they go on to take points of others.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 06:11:28 PM »
Well played today by all. We seem to cope much better in midfield without Garner due to the form, quality and combination of Hillard, Richards and Roberts. Sands is another great find by Dennis and and Richard. Mills is a threat going forward at full back again. Hopefully no long term injuries for Felix and Mills who both seemed to struggle with their hamstrings. Next match only change will hopefully be McEvoy for Marrs at left back.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 06:49:32 PM »
Away in sunnier climes for the rest of the month so a big thank you to the lads for sending me off with a smile on my face. Sands looks a very good signing and reminds very much of Geoff Horsfield. Again thought everybody gave it 100% and that really is all we fans ask for. As for the post that suggests Marrs is replaced at left fullback did you really watch todays game? Marrs was outstanding both defensively and his assist for Sands goal was exquisite and could easily have been given the MOM award.   UTP. 

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 07:12:39 PM »
On wards we march,
Well done to all thoroughly deserved victory

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 04:00:41 PM »
Well done ... Good performance by all of the players involved.

Only one gripe for me ... why only four substitutes named? It's not the first time this season where we haven't had a full complement of players on the bench and I can understand it for away matches where you only have a limited contingent of players travelling and where someone may drop out late due to injury, illness, etc. But surely it shouldn't happen for a home match? Why can't we call someone up from the Under-21s to make up the numbers? It'd give them some match-day involvement with the first team and surely would help in terms of the development of any younger player.

The three outfield subs yesterday were all attacking options - Robbins, Jones and Johnson. Barring Mo Adams (where is he?), Kyle Dixon and Harry Limb (both out on loan), the subs bench was comprised of the only first team players we still had fit and available. It wouldn't have give us much in the way of cover had one of our defenders been injured. Surely there's an opportunity there for an Under-21s defender to step up?

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2016, 07:17:50 PM »
As we're only allowed three substitutions during a match four subs is sufficient i.e. Goalkeeper + 3 others, the only problem is, as you say, if a player falls ill, or is delayed in traffic etc.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2016, 08:05:30 PM »
100% agree with Leicester Pilgrim on this one. In addition, by naming only 4 subs, it does give an appearance of being not organised. Lowestoft turned up with a full squad after all! Would have been an ideal opportunity for an U-21 or a Youth Team player to gain experience to sit on the bench and feel part of the squad even if he isn't brought on during the game.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2016, 08:37:34 PM »
Adams has returned to wherever he was playing before.

porl99

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2016, 10:46:33 PM »
Although I felt we very much deserved our win overall, having watched the video it highlights the fact that there were some ropey decisions by the ref... Their second 'goal' which was disallowed - very much touch and go having watched it back - if we'd have gone 2-0 down it could have been a very different story!  It's not conclusive, but looks very close to me!  2 mins 15 in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCtG2a5PLf0