Author Topic: Southwell rejects contract  (Read 14147 times)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Southwell rejects contract
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 05:08:27 PM »
Well thanks for his goals so far this season and hope he does score plenty more and i wish him well where ever he goes but if i was greene i wouldnt be going back to the table. Id be looking to find a new talent between now and the summer. We spent to much time on the will he wont he with miller last season i believe this effected the building of other area's to much so for this season and slowed the progress down. we should learn from that and start searching now

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 09:40:49 AM »
BPA or NFU?????

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 12:13:33 PM »
BPA or NFU?????

Personally think he go up a level

Odin

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 12:27:08 PM »
It's good to have ambition. I get the impression though that In DGs opinion Southwell thinks he better than he really is. Perhaps Lincoln City could start a rebuild with him, they may have to sell a lot of their players to pay off the bank. Oh how the mighty have fallen, and keep falling.

feelinblue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 12:52:42 PM »
It's good to have ambition. I get the impression though that In DGs opinion Southwell thinks he better than he really is. Perhaps Lincoln City could start a rebuild with him, they may have to sell a lot of their players to pay off the bank. Oh how the mighty have fallen, and keep falling.

They would have to sell all the squad and part of the Cathedral to pay off what they "reportedly" owe? No players of any sell on value at the Imps :-\

black n yella

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 01:28:19 PM »
I'm pleased the club are trying to pin down our key performers next season. It's makes absolute sense to keep the continuity of a quality squad pushing on from where we've left off this season, wherever that may be. Unfortunately there will always be one or two players who think they can achieve better elsewhere. That's not a dig at Dale because I rate him and wish him the best of luck wherever he plays next season. I just hope it doesn't end up like SWD's move to a conference side only to be sent packing and eventually end up back here. Fingers crossed we can convince this talented player to stay. A fit Newsham and Southwell would be a great prospect for next season.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 01:35:30 PM »
I'm pleased the club are trying to pin down our key performers next season. It's makes absolute sense to keep the continuity of a quality squad pushing on from where we've left off this season, wherever that may be. Unfortunately there will always be one or two players who think they can achieve better elsewhere. That's not a dig at Dale because I rate him and wish him the best of luck wherever he plays next season. I just hope it doesn't end up like SWD's move to a conference side only to be sent packing and eventually end up back here. Fingers crossed we can convince this talented player to stay. A fit Newsham and Southwell would be a great prospect for next season.

SWD made a massive mistake when he left. when he came back he was not half the player he was the first time

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 02:03:44 PM »
Shame. I'd dearly love him to stay next season, but given the way he's played for us you'd have to assume he's had interest from elsewhere, or is at least very confident that such interest will arise. Can't blame him: any of us would do the same.

That said, with the best will in the world, I hope that interest DOESN'T materialise and he stays, albeit with the best terms we can reasonably afford. He's deserved it.

If not - well, then Den has work to do to find us another gem. And as long as we keep the nucleus of the squad again, that's not too worrying; Greene and Richard Boryszczuk have proved to be very good at this in the last two seasons. The only annoyance is that we seem to be great at finding good players, but not so great at getting fees for them when they move on.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2015, 02:05:24 PM »
Why are people acting as if he has left the club already? There is still time to agree a contract. Other clubs cannot even speak to him until May.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2015, 02:11:41 PM »
HE's put himself in the shop window and why not.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2015, 10:38:58 PM »
I really hope Southwell stays as Greene has done well to find Miller and Southwell in consecutive seasons but without being able to out bid everyone else to buy the best proven forward (which we can't) going 3 in 3 would be almost a miracle.

picky

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2015, 01:15:15 AM »
Am I wrong in thinking if dayle moves on coz of his age were entitled to compensation

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2015, 09:13:36 AM »
C.N  DRURY had already laid the path for MILLER to come to BOSTON trust me.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2015, 09:31:45 AM »
C.N  DRURY had already laid the path for MILLER to come to BOSTON trust me.
Well he is a builder...