Author Topic: Liam Marrs  (Read 10461 times)

Boo

• View Profile
Liam Marrs
« on: January 04, 2014, 05:43:54 PM »
Permanent signing, once his loan period has expired.

Happy days.

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Liam Marrs
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 06:04:35 PM »
Where did you here that? Great stuff if its true

Boo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 06:08:49 PM »
DG confirmed it on that dire radio station.

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 06:13:56 PM »
Excellent news...... and what a signing!
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 07:24:50 PM »
Hearing that Ryan semple is one of the 3 new signings due next week.  Would be good signing if true.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 07:59:36 PM »
Semple was at todays game but said that he wasn't signing although that could count for nothing. Greene said on the radio that we will have 2 in by Friday and another by Sunday week so I am guessing that one may be Semple, a CM in the Hall mould and a target man. Greene also said that none of the signings will be a defender despite a suspension coming up for Rene and Garner.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 08:04:11 PM »
I heard that semple was one. I think we defo need a box to box midfielder and maybe a target man aswell

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 08:10:30 PM »
Ryan Semple?

Back to the bad old days of bring players back who really weren't all that good in the 1st place then.

I'd hoped we'd moved on from that merry go round.

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 08:16:34 PM »
Ryan Semple?

Back to the bad old days of bring players back who really weren't all that good in the 1st place then.

If he comes back as good as Ricky Miller that won't be a problem for me

Boo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 08:20:51 PM »
Ryan Semple?

If he comes back as good as Ricky Miller that won't be a problem for me

It will be a problem if he only comes back as good as Ryan Semple.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2014, 08:28:49 PM »
I doubt it Pat.......and if I remember not too many people wanted to see the back of Miller in the 1st place........can't say the same for Semple.

I don't think there's another club that takes its rejects and cast offs back like we do.

There are literally hundreds of players out there looking for clubs and who would bring plenty to our team, yet we always seem to be linked with players deemed surplus to requirements a year or two previous.

I noted with great interest Danny Higginbotham has just joined Alty.........why doesn't our manager go looking for experienced ex pro's, not non league journeymen? Our turnover of playing staff is extraordinary and its a big reason why we're probably going to fall a bit short (although its a massive improvement on the last 2 years)........

Come on Dennis, we deserve better than Ryan Semple, get out there and bring in another Marrs or Steer, they are out there.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2014, 08:38:56 PM »
DG recruitment has on the whole been very good apart from mills and Timms so we must trust his judgement totally but I can see your point n40s

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2014, 08:42:09 PM »
I doubt it Pat.......and if I remember not too many people wanted to see the back of Miller in the 1st place........can't say the same for Semple.

I don't think there's another club that takes its rejects and cast offs back like we do.

There are literally hundreds of players out there looking for clubs and who would bring plenty to our team, yet we always seem to be linked with players deemed surplus to requirements a year or two previous.

I noted with great interest Danny Higginbotham has just joined Alty.........why doesn't our manager go looking for experienced ex pro's, not non league journeymen? Our turnover of playing staff is extraordinary and its a big reason why we're probably going to fall a bit short (although its a massive improvement on the last 2 years)........

Come on Dennis, we deserve better than Ryan Semple, get out there and bring in another Marrs or Steer, they are out there.
Quite agree Andy.
Ryan Semple was very quick and very skillfull but rarely at the same time.
At the moment we have a very young team, think SWD at 28 is the old man :) 

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2014, 08:56:50 PM »

Quite agree Andy.
Ryan Semple was very quick and very skillfull but rarely at the same time.
At the moment we have a very young team, think SWD at 28 is the old man :)

Semple in a nutshell, well done.

A bit of experience wouldn't go a miss, especially in the centre of the park......SWD at 28 being the most experienced bears out my point, its not a crime to have a 30 something in there to hold it together for the younger lads. I'm not advocating a veterans XI, just the odd one or two experienced heads.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2014, 08:58:05 PM »

Higginbotham has joined Alty as he is a local lad. If we started to sign ageing pros on the way down, that'd be something else to moan about.

I don't care how old the signings are, as long as they fit in within the squad and do a job, that's good enough for me.