Author Topic: todays game  (Read 14046 times)

Seenbetter

Re: todays game
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2013, 05:27:35 PM »
We could have conceded 3 goals and still WON. Apparently a great performance by all (except one). One win doesn't make a promotion but as I understand it Stockport were promotion favourites and were expected to win today so lets be happy about stuffing them. We had four different goalscorers and good to see the Newsh on the score sheet so early. I predicted Stockport to win 5.2 today so I am really glad my reverse psychology worked on this occasion. Lets hope we can win again on Tuesday in front of a good supportive crowd.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2013, 05:36:12 PM »
We could have conceded 3 goals and still WON. Apparently a great performance by all (except one). One win doesn't make a promotion but as I understand it Stockport were promotion favourites and were expected to win today so lets be happy about stuffing them. We had four different goalscorers and good to see the Newsh on the score sheet so early. I predicted Stockport to win 5.2 today so I am really glad my reverse psychology worked on this occasion. Lets hope we can win again on Tuesday in front of a good supportive crowd.

"one win doesn,t make a promotion "   pinched N/Fs line SB  8)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2013, 05:41:41 PM »
It certainly is GHM, and I'm not getting carried away with the result, no matter how good it is.

But it gives us great momentum and belief to take forward, we really should fear no one after, lets be honest, a win at the biggest club in the division.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2013, 05:45:36 PM »
And GT lost! Happy Days ;D

Boo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2013, 06:03:00 PM »
I wouldn't have touched us with a shitty stick before kick off so well done to virtually all of the team and the 201 travelling fans.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2013, 06:08:56 PM »
201 is a magnificent effort and once again proves that we're a division below our natural level.

Time for the club to step up to the plate and reward this kind of support with a team worthy of the BUFC name.

madhos

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2013, 06:15:32 PM »
Me thinks the Stockport gaffer thought we were a 3 pointer.........WRONG!........LOL.........Well done all who went along today un well done BUFC......... ;).........

Seenbetter

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2013, 06:58:18 PM »
Thanks GHM for pointing that one out. Plagiarism is not something I would condone. Sorry N/fs, it's yours again. Must have been that bang on the head this morning.  :-[

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2013, 09:06:48 PM »
Arrived home and still on cloud nine perhaps the most complete performance for a couple of years. Believe me Stockport looked a very good side in the first half without actually creating any chances, the penalty was clearly hand ball however the player who chipped the cross in was clearly offside when receiving the ball. Our first goal was from a corner and something happened we don't usually see ie: we had a player drop off the back post ( Sansara ) who nodded the ball back into the six yard box creating havoc that resulted in Garner stabbing it home. We defended high up all the game with every player working their socks off and Stockport couldn't settle on the ball at all.
The second half saw us on the front foot early playing exceptional football on the ground and looking dangerous every time we went forward, neat football saw a sumptuous ball down the channel for Newsham to run onto resulting in a lovely finish, I must add at this time that I have criticised him lately but today he worked exceptionally hard and was outstanding creating danger one minute and tackling deep in his own half the next. A long clearance from Timms brought the next goal brought under control by Spence who chipped the keeper with aplomb. With the Boston fans going wild a shot rebounded from the keeper to which Ricky Miller reacted first smashing it back into the net. This saw a mass exodus of most of the 3000 Stockport fans leaving the Pilgrim fans singing and dreaming that if we can keep up this sort football up we could be right there come the seasons end. As I said a complete performance with everyone giving 100%. I have to say that Sanders must go he was a disgrace however, that should not detract from a great day.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2013, 09:08:49 PM »
A few snaps from today's game. Only took my little Fuji along as I didn't want to risk getting ejected for having a "professional looking camera". It didn't do too badly.

Full public album on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151844851194282.1073741851.570994281&type=1&l=1938fd48d0

milo1972

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2013, 09:18:19 PM »
Just got back from todays game and was delighted with the effort put in by all United players who were spurred on by a 200 strong away following who were magnificent.
Timms was outstanding, some great saves and he controlled his back four effectively. Garner showed his experience and was one of the best performers. Piergrinni,Bore and Sansara worked well as a unit.
Marshall was unexpectedly named as a defensive midfielder and his presence showed with some bully boy tackles. Ross and Milnes linked well.
Then finally the front three of Weir Daley, Newsham and Miller worked their socks off. Millers pace and tenacity causing their defence nightmares !

It wasnt all plain sailing though. Their counter attacks and pace down the wings did stretch us at times but with the back four and Timms working well as a defensive unit we deserved to be winners.

The only downside was Sanders red card which in my opinion was deserved.  :(

I know its only one game but we need to build on from this for Tuesday night versus Telford.

One HAPPY PILGRIM FAN   :D

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2013, 10:55:49 AM »
What a wonderful start, a wonderful scoreline and a wonderful trip home. Pidge especially must have really enjoyed that against his old club, who I thought, despite all expectations were very poor indeed.

and how much noise did our fans make by the way. Brilliant day out

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2013, 11:57:13 AM »
What a great day out and great to see brilliant support for the club. It's a good start but we must not get carried away and need to try and be consistent and back this up with a positive result on Tuesday. There is plenty of positives and we do look alot stronger than in previous years and DG has certainly made some great signings in the back 5. We looked solid yesterday.

Pilgrims007

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2013, 12:56:10 PM »
Just got back from todays game and was delighted with the effort put in by all United players who were spurred on by a 200 strong away following who were magnificent.
Timms was outstanding, some great saves and he controlled his back four effectively. Garner showed his experience and was one of the best performers. Piergrinni,Bore and Sansara worked well as a unit.
Marshall was unexpectedly named as a defensive midfielder and his presence showed with some bully boy tackles. Ross and Milnes linked well.
Then finally the front three of Weir Daley, Newsham and Miller worked their socks off. Millers pace and tenacity causing their defence nightmares !

It wasnt all plain sailing though. Their counter attacks and pace down the wings did stretch us at times but with the back four and Timms working well as a defensive unit we deserved to be winners.

The only downside was Sanders red card which in my opinion was deserved.  :(

I know its only one game but we need to build on from this for Tuesday night versus Telford.

One HAPPY PILGRIM FAN   :D
I concur

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2013, 04:40:08 PM »

One more photo from yesterday's game ...