Author Topic: What a game...  (Read 4308 times)

JueChorleyFC

• View Profile
What a game...
« on: May 03, 2015, 02:57:53 PM »
What a game of football that was. I have had a read of the other threads and I do agree with how awful the referee was. He seemed content on ruining a good game between two very good sides. He missed a fair few things that both teams did wrong. Handball seemed to be the main shout from the Boston fans. If we didn't have different opinions, football would be boring.

After you was 2-0 up, I was admitting defeat and ready to face the cheers from the home crowd. At 2-1 I was also ready to admit defeat and on my way to applaud my team off the pitch until Adam Roscoe popped up with that goal. Yes, that one. Any football fan would call that a touch of class.

The extra time didn't really offer anything for either team apart from 30 more minutes of waiting for what we all knew was coming. The lottery of penalties. Some excellent kicks, some superb saves.

It was very touching for a small minority of your fans to walk all the way over to the away end and shake hands with the travelling fans. That is non-league at it's finest and really meant a lot. You can understand our sheer jubilation, after being 2-0 down we was starting to play next season. It's not over yet for us. 90 minutes and a good Guiseley side stand in the way of the dream of playing with the big boys of Non-League.

Whatever the outcome next Saturday, good luck next season.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: What a game...
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 05:43:04 PM »
That's a great pic, that. I sulked off after we missed the last penalty to go sob quietly in a corner, and I assumed most of the pitch invaders were little kids intent on causing trouble and I didn't want to see it. Looks like I was wrong though - nice one Josh!

It's weird how everyone thinks the ref was shite, as I didn't feel like he was at all! Didn't get everything spot on, but I've certainly seen far, far worse... Wish the fecker had blown up ten seconds earlier mind...

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 06:56:40 PM »
Same here, I didn't think he was that bad but then again I got that caught up in the atmosphere I never take in the game too well. It'll take a long time to get over that, the way we lost it having been 2 up, leading after 95 minutes and a keeper's fingernail away from winning the shootout.

Bit torn as to who I want to go up- I enjoy trips to Chorley far more than Guiseley but if you go up can Guiseley keep coming back year after year? Not sure

Luckily for me I've still got tons of teams close to Birmingham and for Boston we have some more relatively local games (wil St Neots go north too if they beat Truro?)

The thing I fear is a hangover and a slow start.... if we start well these memories will be forgotten and the atmosphere will remain. It's been sensational in recent weeks.

JueChorleyFC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 07:55:17 PM »
I assumed most of the pitch invaders were little kids intent on causing trouble and I didn't want to see it.

You was actually spot on there but I didn't want to be the one to bring it up. They was ready for a royal rumble it seemed but was ushered off by your stewards.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 11:03:31 PM »
What a game of football that was. I have had a read of the other threads and I do agree with how awful the referee was. He seemed content on ruining a good game between two very good sides. He missed a fair few things that both teams did wrong. Handball seemed to be the main shout from the Boston fans. If we didn't have different opinions, football would be boring.

After you was 2-0 up, I was admitting defeat and ready to face the cheers from the home crowd. At 2-1 I was also ready to admit defeat and on my way to applaud my team off the pitch until Adam Roscoe popped up with that goal. Yes, that one. Any football fan would call that a touch of class.

The extra time didn't really offer anything for either team apart from 30 more minutes of waiting for what we all knew was coming. The lottery of penalties. Some excellent kicks, some superb saves.

It was very touching for a small minority of your fans to walk all the way over to the away end and shake hands with the travelling fans. That is non-league at it's finest and really meant a lot. You can understand our sheer jubilation, after being 2-0 down we was starting to play next season. It's not over yet for us. 90 minutes and a good Guiseley side stand in the way of the dream of playing with the big boys of Non-League.

Whatever the outcome next Saturday, good luck next season.

Very proud of my boy there, its not something I could have done after spending the fortune he has following the team over the last few years......but as I tell you all, its only a game, no one died and we'll all be back in about 12 weeks for a bit more.

I did chuckle at our 'Baby Squad' outside though, not one of them would get served in a pub, most probably hadn't started shaving yet and in most cases their balls have'nt dropped yet, but I heard one say 'lets brick the bus' and another say 'lets charge the c**ts'...........I'd have clipped their lugs but I'd have been had up on child battery.

JueChorleyFC

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2015, 11:13:26 PM »
It was a pleasure to speak to some of your fans on the pitch and also shake the hands of fellow non league supporters. I think what annoyed some of your fans is the fact they thought you had won. Their invasion started and they was told to go back because it wasn't over. It's obvious that tension would be high after such a dramatic game, just glad it ended at shouting and nothing more.

I myself will admit to getting bad tempered if things don't go our way but I'll also be one of the first to shake hands and talk afterwards, we're football fans afterall.

One of your stewards after the game said "I hope you stuff Guiseley next week"... We'll do our best for you! I'm sure Fylde fans are saying the same about us to the Guiseley lot

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2015, 08:17:11 AM »
I like Guiseley. Good team missed out lots of times in the playoffs. I think it's there time. I also enjoyed chatting to the Chorley fans. I'll happily see you go up.aswell though never want to see that thug Dean again