Author Topic: Meanwhile...  (Read 13470 times)

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile...
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2015, 07:22:10 PM »

Isn't that Piergianni's dad directly behind him? (No, I don't mean Jason Hatfield).

Captain Clean

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2015, 08:08:21 PM »
Pidge can't be the love child of that constable masquerading as fan surely...  :police: :bunny

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2015, 09:35:10 PM »
He did a lot of things well, but I'm not sure you could legitimately say Robbins 'put a shift in'.  He has a style, which we need, but all action it ain't.  Got a really good mix with those three up front, looks to have been disrupted though by the only really bad news out of the game (Hall injury) meaning Jona likely moves to the back next weekend.

Also while I'll happily tuck into some humble pie should Ravas turn it around long term let's not go too far, still enough heart in the mouth moments to worry.  Plus another two games for him mid-week with a load of travel, this will take its toll.

Last comment, reading the programme notes it's mentioned by Chris Cook that Robbins coming in makes him our oldest current squad player.  At 27.  Let's remember that during the game, encouragement will help.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2015, 10:13:24 PM »
MNH .... That Hall chap hasn't been playing much this season :)

TEP

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2015, 10:27:59 PM »
Great signing by DG. Robbins WILL be our saviour - play offs here we come!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 10:17:26 AM by Burgh Boy »
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2015, 10:54:18 PM »
MNH .... That Hall chap hasn't been playing much this season :)

TEP

Good spot, I did the same as he went off yesterday, hardly like he is forgettable with that throw!  :o

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2015, 08:51:32 AM »
He did a lot of things well, but I'm not sure you could legitimately say Robbins 'put a shift in'.  He has a style, which we need, but all action it ain't.
He maybe doesn't track back all the way, but he does press defenders when they're on the ball - we won the ball back high up the pitch severals times at Nuneaton. Maybe it works better away from home, when home sides expect to pass the ball around in defence a bit more?

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2015, 09:10:30 AM »
It's only one game (that I've seen) so very early days to call.  I just think if you compare Southwell to him then I think it’s obvious which is more accurately described as puts a shift in.  To repeat though I was very pleased to see him compliment the other forwards and a much better addition than just getting some 'big' bloke in and completely change our style.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2015, 10:20:52 AM »
Pilgrim 86 - I agree - I think he will be more effective away from home.

TEP

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2015, 01:29:44 PM »
I think Robbins will both frustrate and entertain, possibly at the same time.

I'd have left Jona on over him personally as he had resorted to pointing marking when we were backs against the wall.

He is gonna have to last the game better if he is to be our saviour.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2015, 02:01:46 PM »
Good performance and very good team win. I thought Telford were unlucky not to get something out of the game and will surely climb the league quickly. Richards seems much better in this new role, and I thought Ravas and Roberts had good games. Robbins difficult to assess at minute, but looked to me as if still getting to grips with this step up in league. Dylan new full back played well, bet he struggled with the pace of this game compared to academy matches, and at last we have Marrs in his right place. Maybe I was watching a different match but I thought Pidge was man of match by miles. Their No 9 despite being a diver was a real handful.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2015, 04:12:14 PM »
Good performance and very good team win. I thought Telford were unlucky not to get something out of the game and will surely climb the league quickly. Richards seems much better in this new role, and I thought Ravas and Roberts had good games. Robbins difficult to assess at minute, but looked to me as if still getting to grips with this step up in league. Dylan new full back played well, bet he struggled with the pace of this game compared to academy matches, and at last we have Marrs in his right place. Maybe I was watching a different match but I thought Pidge was man of match by miles. Their No 9 despite being a diver was a real handful.
spot on there DT!!
possibly could have given a little bit of credit to DG :)

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2015, 09:33:49 PM »
Jona likely moves to the back next weekend.

What's happened with Lionel Stone? Surely he'd be a better answer than playing Jones out of position.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2015, 09:39:58 PM »

What's happened with Lionel Stone? Surely he'd be a better answer than playing Jones out of position.

Boston Target speculating a loanee from Sunderland .

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2015, 10:19:39 PM »

Probably not willing to come up from London for every game, to sit on the bench? Could be an option for a couple of games, as you'd expect we'll still have him signed on